Chapter 1

S.M. High School Host Club

Jinki-hyung (.﹒︣︿﹒︣.) i might be home late because school project

The boy frowned at the phone, quickly texting back a short response that was mostly half-hearted.

not hyung

dont forget to text me what time youre going to get home okay? (also stop texting in class) 

The response come instantly, a simple whatever and a stuck-out tongue, but that is the closest to an okay he will ever get so Jinki simply pockets his phone in his schoolbag with a drawn-out sigh and a slight exasperated smile etching his tired features. Tentatively peeking his head in the library, he deflates as he glances around to find most of the students gathered in small groups, talking in not-so-hushed voices and a few upperclassmen practicing their solos for the spring concert. Jinki frowns, somewhat distressed, because there are music rooms aren't there and he already checked the three other libraries. [ just as loud as the other three libraries...]

He closes the door quietly before anyone can notice him and idly adjusts the sleeve of his slouchy sweater to keep it from slipping off his shoulder. 

S.M. Academy, one of the most renowned performing arts school in South Korea with some of the most prestigious educational programs. 

It was difficult, getting accepted, especially since he turned down sunbae's offer to talk to the headmaster for Jinki (since he is an alumni of S.M.), but he didn't want to burden his sunbae and wanted to make it into the school on account of his own merits and he had. He had passed vocal auditions and his exam scores had earned him a full-ride scholarship.

Jinki gently touches a hand to his throat, coughing lightly into his fist. An incovenient cold had led him to lose his voice in the first month of the semester and by then it was too late to sign up for any of the vocal extracurriculars or befriend any of the people in those clubs. They had already formed their clique; most of them already knew each other from junior high and even before that and Lee Jinki was the awkward wallflower/ scholarship student that hadn't really fit in and focused mostly on his studies. 

He finds himself aimlessly wandering the halls in search of a place to study until he stops in front of Music Room #3 after narrowly avoiding two male students running down the hallway, laughing merrily with strained faces from some unknown person screaming "EUNHYUK--DONGH--" that sounds vaguely familiar but Jinki doesn't stay around to listen.

Jinki adjusts the strap of his bag over his shoulders to push open the door to be rushed by a shower of red rose petals in the face. He spits out a few petals, squinting his dark eyes to see more clearly, and splutters incredulously, somewhat dumbfounded at the sight in front of him. [--What?] Several guys turn towards Jinki, who shifts awkwardly, where he stands, at the attention, by then the leader he guesses, a blonde smiles brightly at him. 

"Welcome."

[Author's Note]

I need help deciding who's going to be the host club leader and it's not going to be any of the members of SHINee (that I've decided already).