Chapter Two

The Writer

No one's POV 

Chanwoo was sitting at the corner of the cafe looking out at the door waiting for a certain male to come in. It's was suppose to be a usual day where Hanbin would walk in and they would share an awkward stare and blush after they finally realize that they were looking at each other but not today. Today was different and Chanwoo could feel it. He sighed as he moved to the back of the cafe. 

 

"What's with the long face?" Said is half brother, Yunhyeong. He looked slightly familiar as Chanwoo and he had earrings at his ears. Chanwoo looked over to his brother and sighed again. Yunhyeong had always been the closest family member to him. Yunhyeong was a few years older than him and was the child of the first marriage. After yunhyeong's mother died, their father remarried Chanwoo mother and when Chanwoo turned 5, both of their parents died in a car crash and Yunhyeong became the support for the family.. 

"Nothing." Chanwoo said as he kicked the ground a few times frustrated. 

"Computer guy isn't here yet?" Chanwoo glared at his brother and walked back to the front of the shop. 

 

 

Suddenly,  a slightly shorter male came in the shop all dressed in leather jacket with his grey silver hair styled to the side and his sunglasses on. Chanwoo rolled his eyes and just went to the counter punch in he usual coffee order. The cafe always had regulars and he wasn't surprised to see the man in front of him strut in the cafe like nobody's business. 

 

"I'll have the usual and ring up yun will ya." He said taking his sunglasses of showing his eye smile at Chanwoo. Chanwoo scoffed at the male and just shouted Yunhyeong for him to come out.

 

"HYUNG!" Chanwoo shouted and hurriedly, Yunhyeong came out and looked over to Chanwoo. His eyes laid on to the male in front of Chanwoo and he rolled his eyes and walked over to Chanwoo. 

 

"The usual?" Yunhyeong said. The male smile got wider showing his dimples and nodded his head. Yunhyeong went over the bar to fix up the male's drink. "i don't get it why you have to yell out my name." 

 

"I don't get why we have our friend over here just so that they disturb us at work." Chanwoo said looking over to his brother. "I don't get why Chanwoo is in a bad mood today. He was always so cheerful." Suddenly voiced out a female worker from behind them. Chanwoo glared at her and just went to the back of the cafe.. 

 

"What's up with him?" "Writer guy isn't here today." Yunhyeong simply as he left the girl alone there as he went over to the male with two coffees in his hand. 

 

Meanwhile~

 

Junhoe was blocking Hanbin from coming out from their room. Hanbin was banging the door with his backpack behind him. 

 

"YAHH!! KOO JUNHOE. YOU BETTER OPEN THIS DOOR. I MEAN IT!" Hanbin shouted as he bangged the door. Junhoe smirked and just shook his head. 

 

"I am not going to open this door until you promise that you will come with me to meet jinhwan hyung." Hanbin sighed and rubbed his face harshly, at this rate he would might not even get to see Chanwoo today. 

 

"Fine!" Hanbin said went back to his bed as he cleaned up a few things. Junhoe cautiously opened the door and looked at the older questionedly. 

 

"Really?" For all of his 10 years with the older he was sure that when the older didn't want to do something he would stick to it but the older was actually admitting defeat so easily. 

 

"Yes, don't make it a big deal or anything. We are just going to meet up with him for a while and then you are going to leave me alone so I can finish up my book in peace." Hanbin said annoyed as he placed his laptop in his backpack. Junhoe grinned and followed the older as they got ready to meet Jinhwan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo's POV 

 

He was late. No late is not the word. He didn't even come. Oh my god, I sound like a girl. First asking him out to dinner and embarassing myself enough. I might have scared him away. Urgh, so much for yuhyeong hyung's advice. 

 

"Are you going to meet them today?" Yunhyeong suddenly interupted my train of thought and spacinng out with a light tap on my shoulder. I sighed and shook my head. 

 

"You should go." I said as I removed his hand away from my shoulder. He frowned at me. "Are you sure? You haven't really gone--" I sighed again and turned around to look at him. "Yes, I am sure and I know. Can we drop this subject now? I need to go." 

 

"Come with me?" Yunhyeong suddenly stopped me as he grabbed on to my hand. I shook my head slightly and smiled at him. "I have a date tonight so I am a bit busy." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hanbin's POV 

 

I looked over to engraving. The words glaring at me like it was mocking me. I closed my eyes and sat down on the chair. I hate it here. It made me feel defenceless and that I was weak.

 

"You guys can come in now." In ha said as he opened the door for us. In Ha, our other close friend and Jinhwan's secretary. 

 

"Hey, Boss." Junhoe joked as he went in the room. Jinhwan hyung looked up from his documents and smiled at us. His eyes trailed from junhoe to me. 

 

"You don't have to call me that June." Jinhwan said lightly as his eyes never left mine. I was the first to look the way and sat down on the nearest chair. Jinhwan cleared his throat as he went over to sit next to us. 

 

"Hi."

 

"Hi." I answered simply as looked around the room. it has been a while since I had been in the room. Well, it has been a while since I have seen jinhwan hyung.

 

"Guys, it's been 4 years, just talk to each other already...." Junhoe said after he felt the sudden tension. I sighed and looked over to June so he would shut up. "He is right--" 

 

"I am sorry. but there is nothing to talk about. I told you guys clearly the last time. I am not going to do it and that is final. So don't cross the line again." I said straight forwardly to them. Jinhwan and junhoe looked at me with pity in their eyes and I hated it. 

 

"Stop it. I need to go, I'll call you guys later. Have a nice lunch." I said as I got up from the couch. "But hyung, we just got here." 

 

"No, it's fine really. Call me later?" Jinhwan hyung said slowly as he pulled junhoe down from protesting me. I looked over to Junhoe and then back to him. "Yea, sure. Junhoe you can stay and have lunch with Jinhwan hyung. I am going to back late."  I said lowly as I opened the door and walked out. 

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo looked over to the watch. Yunhyeong just got back from visiting their parents and Chanwoo was still sitting at the corner of the shop looking outside.

 

"Why  are you sitting there?" Yunhyeong asked as he looked over to Chanwoo, who was in a daze at the corner. It was the first time he had seen Chanwoo in such a daze, Chanwoo had always been cheerful and energetic. This was a weird situation. Chanwoo looked over to see his hyung looking at him so he quickly sat upright and smiled at his hyung. 

 

"Just waiting for you." Chanwoo said as he faked yawn he saw yunhyeong tired face. Immediately after that, Yunhyeong being the oblivioius hyung, he believed that Chanwoo was just tired after a long day of work. 

 

"Did mr. writer come today?" Yunhyeong asked as he looked over to the clock wall of the shop. Chanwoo just shook his head and looked over to the clock as well. 

 

"I think I scared him off." Chanwoo said making his brother laugh and patted his back. "Maybe the next one." "Yea. Maybe." Chanwoo said as he closed his eyes tiredly. Yunhyeong smiled at his brother. The shop was closed early for the day and he was sure Chanwoo wouldn't mind since the  younger was already asleep at the corner of the room. 

 

"I'll be at the office if you need me. I have to finish up the documents for tomorrow. I am meeting this famous company that wants to invest in us." Chanwoo just nodded his head slightly and continued his fake sleeping. After yunhyeong had left him alone at the shop, he sat back up and looked back outside of the window. Words were recalling in the back of his head as he watched the rain drops fall. 

 

 

 He was so close to me. There was warmth in his eyes and I felt it. The love he had for me. I didn't want it to go away. But it did. It was my fault. I Should have protected it when I had it but now it's gone. 

 

Chanwoo hugged himself tighter and just stared out the window. To him this was normal. He never wants to show his brother this side. The side of hiim where he no one could reach him. The only one that was able to pull him out was himself. And as the years go by, he started to feel tired and he barely could pull himself back together. reading helps. It was the only stress reliever he had left. 

 

 

 

Unknowingly, Chanwoo presence helped Hanbin forget about his worries and Hanbin helped Chanwoo gain strength to fight another day