Chapter One

The Writer

 

 

I kept my head held high when I saw him look at me. I wasn't weak but when he stared at me, my insides began to churn. He knew my weaknesses as he...

Hanbin stared at the screen in front of him. The words on the screen was glaring at him like they were mocking him. He was used to this. He wasn't used to not having anything to write about. Writing had always come as an easy thing for him. He could come up with words just fine. He could start creating a story just in a blink of an eye out of anything that he could see. He had finally lost his muse.

 

"Hey, how is it going there?" A fairly same height male came up to him as he poured him a new batch of hot coffee into Hanbin's drink. Hanbin looked at the younger and smile. The others presence had always given comfort to him in way he can't describe. Most probably because the younger was really calm and funny from time to time. Even though they didn't talk for a long time, He couldn't help but fall in love the other. 

 

"I am stuck again." Hanbin said as he took the hot mug and sipped on it a little letting the warm bitter taste  run down his throat. The younger smiled and lifted the kettle that he was holding up a little to gesture that if he ever needed more coffee he just had to ask. 

 

"Well, good luck on your writing. I need to get back to that hot guy over there who actually gives me his attention." The younger teases as he left Hanbin blushing at the youngers words. 

 

"You never asked for it anyways." Hanbin replied back sourly as he looked at the younger flirting with the guy at the bar. Hanbin and the younger  had always had something between them but nothing ever progressed so making it seem more depressing. 

 

"Yo B.I!" A shrivled looking male suddenly shouted as he went in the cafe with his hand held high with his fingers like an alien. 

 

"Bobby, waddup!" Hanbin greeted the older back as he waved back at him. As Bobby sat down infront of Hanbin he looked at the younger straight in his eyes indicating that he meant business. "When are you going to finish up your work?" Hanbin sighed and shrugged his shoulders at the older. 

 

"I don't know." Hanbin said still distracted by the younger who was still flirting with the guy at bar. At a certain point that the younger was already leaning in closer to the guy and that he was already comfortable that he could actually do skinship with the other. 

 

"Man up and just ask him already." Bobby said frustrated at the writer who kept his feeling for the younger since the first time they met. 

 

"Why do I have to do it?" Bobby shook his head and patted the youngers shoulder.

 

"Do you really want to be the girl in the relationship?" Hanbin frowned and shook his head as glance back the younger who was done talking to the guy and was punching in something at the cashier. 

 

"You sit here all day trying hard to write about romance but you never really had experience have you?" Bobby said smirking at the stalker Hanbin who was staring at the younger. Jiwoon kicked the youngers leg underneath the table to get his attention. 

 

"That information is only for you to know." Hanbin glared at the older as he sighed and took another sip of his coffee and closed his eyes for a while. "If you are not going to do it then I am going to do it." Bobby said as he walked up towards the younger with Hanbin eyes watching him in his every move. 

 

 

 

Chanwoo was busy punching in some orders when he was approached by a grinning Jiwoon. He raised his eyebrows and looked over to Hanbin and saw that the older was looking. He quickly caught on to the situation and averted his attention towards Bobby. 

 

"Yes, how may I help you Sir?" He said politely as he rearranged his apron to look more presentable. "Yea, I just wondering if you would go out with me." Bobby said with the wide grin on his face. Chanwoo blinked a couple of times and looked at him weirdly because this isnt the first time bobby said to him.  He would say no of course because he was waiting for Hanbin to ask him instead. 

 

"No thanks." Chanwoo said smirking and rolling his eyes at Bobby and went back to do what he was doing. "Well, at least I tried." Bobby said grining and walkd back to Hanbin. Chanwoo just chuckled and shook his head. 

 

 

 

 

"So are done with the book yet? You're dead line is coming up soon." Bobby said sitting back at his chair finally serious for once as he sat down next to Chanwoo. "I am not done yet." Hanbin simply said as he sipped his coffee. 

 

"How can you not be done yet? You rarely come out from your house and the ony time you do is when you want coffee and to stare at the cute coffee guy." Bobby said giving a disapproving look at Hanbin. Bobby was the editor and and publisher for Hanbin's famous books. He never once has thought that the younger was not capable of producing a good book. His recent book 'Just another Boy' was a big hit but Hanbin thought that it wasn't enough so now the younger is stuck at home or at the coffee shop writing his mind away. 

 

"You know you have to come out sooner or later. Experince life while you still can." 

 

"I have to finish this. After this then  I will enjoy my life. Don't worry." Hanbin said looking over to Bobby. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bobby had already left the cafe a few hours ago and Hanbin was still there writing. All his life, that was the only thing that he knew what to do. He was a good writer but he was never satisfied with his writing. He knew there was something missing everytime he wrote. There was no flare. Hanbin sighed and bangged his head on the table not knowing what to do anymore. 

 

"If you keep banging your head like that I am not sure if you will ever be able to come up with anything." Suddenly a voice said coming from in front of him. He looked up and was surprised to see Chanwoo sitting in front of him. He blinked a couple of time and looked around the cafe only to see that the cafe was empty. 

 

"Where did everybody go?" Hanbin said scratching his head. He had a wide smile plastered on his face as Chanwoo sat across him smiling back at him. "Home I guess. Since the cafe is technically closed." Chanwoo said teasing the older. The older just blushed deep red in embarassment. He didn't realize that it was already late and the cafe was already closing up.

 

"Don't worry. I am not trying to kick you out. Just wondering if you wanted to grab a bite with me." Chanwoo slowly and shyly. Hanbin couldn't believe his ears. Chanwoo just asked him out to eat dinner with him. "What about that other guy?" Before Hanbin could realize what he was saying Chanwoo chuckled at him.

 

"So you were jealous. Well, that guy doesn't intrigue me more than you do. Even though you ignore me most of the times." Chanwoo joked as he looked over at Hanbin. Hanbin scoffed and chuckled at the younger. "I don't ignore you. When have I ever ignored you?" Hanbin decided to tease back.

 

"Well, let's see. Almost everytime you come here." "Well, I must sound like a jerk. What made you talk to me now? Even offering to eat dinner with me at that?" Hanbin teased the younger after getting comfortable with him.

 

"Because I am your number one fan." Chanwoo said in a deep shade of red on his face. Hanbin was shocked by this. Chanwoo actually read his books?

 

"You read my books before?" Chanwoo nodded his head and grinned back at him.


"So dinner?" Chanwoo asked back expectingly. Hanbin just smiled back and patted the youngers head. "Next time. I'll be the one asking." Hanbin said as he gathered his stuff and walked out the cafe leaving Chanwoo dumbfounded. Did he just got rejected?

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Hanbin got back home, he stared at his computer screen again and inspiration finally poured out of him. He was typing and the more he typed the more deep he got. It felt like real, it felt like something that was missing was finally found.

 

"Well, welcome home Mr. writer." Suddenly come out, his roommate Junhoe looking over at him who was typing firiously on the keyboard. "Hey." Hanbin aswered back as he greeted his roommate.

 

"Did something happen? Why are you so happy all of the sudden? When you got out of the house you were grunting and whining on how you were stuck." Junhoe said as he bit on an apple and looked over to Hanbin's shoulder to read what the older was typing.

 

"I got unstuck I guess." Hanbin said smiling as he wrote down everything on his laptop. "That seems like it."

 

"Don't forget. Tomorrow we are going to go meet Jinhwan together tomorrow."Junhoe said as he walked around their room.Hanbin stopped writing and looked over to Junhoe.  

 

"You can go. I am not going." Hanbin said shaking his head and started to type back on his laptop. "You promised you would come and visit him." Junhoe said looking over at Hanbin. Hanbin might be older than him but Junhoe had to always act as the older one when it comes to Jinhwan. 

 

"That was then." Hanbin said turning over to look at junhoe. "Besides. I have a date tomorrow, so I am not going to around tomorrow."  Junhoe sighed and walked out of the room with a loud slam at the door.