Chapter 1

I Am Only Cho Kyuhyun

  

 

 

“Kim Ryeowook! You, stop over there!” Dr. Lee Sungmin yelled at the top of his lungs. He fastened his walking pace and grabbed the back of the neck of the stiffened man. “You! Stop this! You have been running around, taking both shifts for a freaking week! What are you thinking?!”

Dr. Kim Ryeowook, the Kangrim Hospital’s psychiatrist flashed a cheeky smile over his shoulder. The smile masked his sunken face but the eye bags are quite prominent under his half lidded eyes. “Sungmin! How have you been?” Ryeowook asked. His mind is rolling with the thoughts of how persistent Sungmin is in order to put him to rest. This is the third time today that the latter has yelled at him about the same matter.

“How have you been you . Don’t you ever try to play innocent with me. I’m telling you to go home. Rest Wook.” He replied, letting go off the poor neck and stares at the younger man in front of him genuinely.

Ryeowook pouted and sighed; he took a quick look towards his watch and cupped the bunny cheeks of the older man. “You know what? I’m thinking of going back tonight. Don’t worry Sungmin.” He gave a big smile, trying to convince the latter. His hands dropped into his pockets and tried to pry off from Sungmin’s eyes when a hand gripped his arm tightly. “Ryeowook....”

“Sok Hee! You stop over there!” Ryeowook’s sudden yell shocked the hell out of Sungmin and stopped him from saying anything further. From where he stands he could see how Ryeowook pried off from his grip and started to chase one of his patients. Oh God, not this again, Sungmin thought. Ryeowook frantically flailing his arms as he chased the girl with delirium syndrome. “Sok Hee! You come back here!”

The nurses and some of Ryeowook’s colleagues joined him in the chase. Sungmin shakes his head and sighed heavily. This is the third time Ryeowook able to get away from him. He turned around and walked off to his department with thought full off Ryeowook’s stubbornness.

 

“Bye Wookie! I’m heading to heaven!” Sok Hee screamed to him from the taxi’s window. Ryeowook stopped from his run and crunched his body almost to half in order to get a breather. Kim Sok Hee, one of his patients who has been diagnosed with delirium syndrome or over excited syndrome was running around until she reached the front of the hospital and took a taxi away. The nurses and his colleagues behind him all out of breath and muttered about how this has been going on for quite a lot of time. And once again, Ryeowook knows what is coming. He has to find that girl as soon as possible. Her over excited-ness sometimes does brings harm to herself as she started to gulp down everything whenever she has an episode.

“Ryeowook, what do we do now? We don’t even know where she is heading to.” Dr. Mina asked frantically. This doctor, even though she is a doctor, sometimes she lets her panics get to her head and it annoyed Ryeowook for several times already. Ryeowook sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, she dressed nicely. I guess I know where she is headed to.” Ryeowook said, taking out his phone and waved to everyone as a gesture of dismissing them to their work. Everybody get back into the hospital building, leaving Ryeowook with his call.

Hello Heechul!” Ryeowook chirped cheerfully at his older brother over the call. From the other side Heechul’s laugh can be heard. “Wookie, my dear. What with the sudden call?”

“Well, I need to ask you something.” Ryeowook said, with a grin even though Heechul can’t see it.

Of course you do. But, before that, Sungmin called me this afternoon. What’s with all the shifts you are making? He said you are having a battle with pandas all over the world over eye bags. And mom has been asking about it too and it’s quite a noise.”  Heechul blurted out long.

Ryeowook huffed and walked himself into the hospital building, heading to the lift. “Heechul, I know it is ridiculous but I’m just doing well over here.” Ryeowook replied, lying for sure. The fact is his head has been throbbing.

Heechul snickered. “You know who I am, don’t you? I am Kim Heechul! The world most popular writer. I can read and detailed everyone out and you are not that hard Wookie.”

Ryeowook scratched his head as he dragged his feet into the lift, trying to reach his office to get his jacket. “I know. But, I have my circumstances that I need to overcome. And...”

“And it’s okay. Iknow you will say that,” Heechul cut him off. “Okay, whatever it is you can talk to me later but now you have to come home.” Heechul said sternly. Ryeowook sighed again. “So, what is it that you want to ask?”

“Ah, about that. Do you remember the club where you found my patient at? The Sok Hee girl.” Ryeowook finally asked and fastened his pace towards his office until he reached the door knob.

Hmmmm, I think it’s around Kangnam area. The club’s name.... Infinity.” Heechul replied, the sound of shuffling book’s pages can be heard. He must be in some study for his next book, Ryeowook thought. “Why? She got away again?”

“Yup. And I’m heading there.” Ryeowook said, grabbing his coat.

“Wookie, don’t push yourself too much.” Heechul’s sudden concern stopped Ryeowook from any movement. “I know it is hard, but we are your family too. Don’t try to distant yourself like this. Don’t you miss me, I’m your older brother right?”

Ryeowook’s eyes started to clog up at the sudden words of Heechul. “I know.” He said in his strained voice.

“Okay then. After you catch the girl, come home, okay?” Heechul asked, his voice soft and full of care. Ryeowook snapped back from his sadness and smiled. “Okay hyung. I will.”

The call ended when Ryeowook reached his car at the parking lot. His thought is still full of what Heechul has been talking about. He knows that what he has been doing to himself over a week is merely an outburst from his shock. He knows all he has in this world is his family. His family is what he values the most and last week he was suddenly been revealed to the truth of how he is just an adopted son. Knowing the truth making everything came to a logic on how different he looks from his parents and on how different his father’s treatment towards him from Heechul. It is because; he is just a mere outsider. He is an outsider.

 

Ryeowook parked his car skilfully and rushed out. He looked at the sign written INFINITY and huffed towards the entrance of the club. He glanced around, in order to search for the face that has been making him exercise for over a month, chasing around every corner of the hospital but all he can see are couples of male and female homosapiens each other faces. He stopped at the entrance, a bit reluctant to step in as he never entered a club without Heechul. He took a deep breath and slowly entered and shocked to hear the maddening music and spotlights that burdened his focus. He ignored the dancing crowd, the clashing alcohol’s glasses and pushes himself into the crowd, focusing his gaze to search for Sok Hee. He looks to his left, his right, his back, his front and up but...

“Ahhhhhh!!!! Sok Hee!!!!” Ryeowook screamed through the crowd, his finger pointing at the girl leaning to the fence of the upper floor, talking to a guy. However, Sok Hee must have noticed him when she frantically run away to the other side of the floor and headed to the stairs to the dance floor.

Ryeowook already reached the upper floor when Sok Hee started to climb down and he practically running to the same way. “Sok Hee, you! Stop over there!” he screamed, eyes fixed to the lean figures of the girl. However, his tracks were suddenly stopped by a hand grabbing his wrist and he was jerked to stop. Ryeowook looked down towards the hand, trailing his eyes slowly to the face of the hand’s owner. “What are you...”

“You should stop chasing her. She doesn’t want to treat you, you should find another doctor. I bet there are a lot of doctor at the hospital.”  The guy said, his face a bit nervous and a bit scared.

Having his tracks stopped, he diverted his eyes back towards Sok Hee and tried to yank his wrist off but failed. “Sir, let me go. I have to get her. She is my patient! She is not supposed to be here.” Ryeowook tried to explain.

“I know you might have been in a lot of pain but you shouldn’t do this. You need to get a quick treatment. Meet another psychiatrist that is willing to treat you.” The guy said with effort and concern. His eyes looked right into Ryeowook’s and the psychiatrist looked back with shock. Treatment? I need a treatment? What with this guy?,’ Ryeowook questioned in his mind. He gave the man a deep look, studying the face and blinked several times as he found the man is quite attractive. Not quite, very attractive indeed. The dark brown hair covering his forehead, his perfectly shaped nose and lips and the most captivating are the big eyes where Ryeowook found himself looking away from them.

“Look Sir, I’m not a patient, I’m a doctor and I need to get my patient out of here quickly!” Ryeowook yanked his hand upward, hard and incidentally hit the man’s head in the process. The grip immediately loses from his wrist and the man hissed in pain, holding his head. Ryeowook was shocked but rushed to the man’s side, checking his condition. “Oh God, I’m sorry. Are you okay?” he asked worriedly.

The guy crouched from his stand, starting to sigh in pain. “Ahh! I have to go! Get away from me!” he said, trying to get up. Ryeowook tried to help but he was pushed aside when the brunette quickly run off from the watching eyes surrounding them.

“What the...” Ryeowook was dumbfounded. His eyes followed the pained man worriedly. “Sir, I’m so sorry!” he screamed apology. Is he crazy?, he thought weirdly. Crazy...crazy!!!!!

Ryeowook snapped back towards the dance floor and saw how Sok Hee tried to push her way out to the entrance. “Sok Hee!!!!!” he screeched and started his chase again.

 

The stroller was pushed into an ambulance, with Dr. Changsuk in it. Sok Hee was trashing a moment ago, angry over getting caught by Ryeowook and giving Ryeowook a pouted face over her restricted freedom. Ryeowook smiled towards her and winked when Sok Hee offered him a middle finger. “Wookie, you are not cool at all!” she bawled.

“I know, but you started it. I told you, I’m getting you out this weekend, but this episode we are having made me to think it over again.” Ryeowook said sternly, crossing his arms.

Sok Hee huffed. “I wouldn’t do it again.”

“We will see.” Ryeowook grinned. “Have her sleep well tonight. I’m not going back to hospital.” Ryeowook said to Changsuk. “And you,” he pointed to Sok Hee, “better behave yourself. I’m not forgiving you for another outburst anymore.”

Changsuk looked at the obedient Sok Hee and shook his head. “You should have heard him.” He said as the ambulance driver closed the door and drives away.

 

Ryeowook sighed in relief seeing the drove away ambulance and walked to his car, parked at the club’s parking lot. However, as he reached his car and opened the driver’s door, he drifted his attention back towards the club’s entrance. His mind went back to the situation earlier and the big eyed man. Is he okay? Is he still in pain? These thoughts are circulating throughout his mind. Should I check on him? Or just leave? Ryeowook’s hesitation has been having him turning around for several times, biting his lips over the thought of guilt.

“Geez...this is seriously...” his word trailed off as his eyes were caught by another pair of eyes in front of him. It’s him. The big eyed man.

However, Ryeowook found himself backing away from the latter, he can’t diminish the thought that those eyes changed from the first time he sees them. They are different, those eyes are different. They are scary and intriguing and gave a chill down his spine. It is the same man but he is different. What is this?, he thought.

The staring man suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer, making Ryeowook yelped and trembled a bit. He tried to wriggle his wrist out when his another wrist was caught too. “S-S-S-Sir..” he stuttered. “I’m s-s-s-sorry for earlier.” Ryeowook said nervously.

The brunette smirked. “What happened earlier?” he asked.

“Ermmmm well...I hit you I guess..”

“You did?” the man asked in a deep voice, a hint of soft laugh at the end. “Well, I don’t care about earlier. Now is my time.”

“Huh?” Ryeowook dumbfounded. “What are you saying?”

“What is the date for today?”

“Huh?” Ryeowook flabbergasted, still trying to get his hands released but all resulted in having the grip tighten.

“The date.”

“Its 25th January, Sir.”

The man suddenly smiled. “Remember it.”  He said, releasing Ryeowook’s hands and quickly wrapped the latter’s waist, clumping their body closer.

Ryeowook, feeling shocked by the abrupt treatment, yelped and tried to push the weird man away. “Sir! Let me...”

“Remember it.” The man cut him off.

“Remember what?!” Ryeowook felt his panic building up as the hold gets tighter. He looked right into the man’s eyes begging for the man to release him.

“25th January. The day you have become my first love.” Said the man, looking straight into Ryeowook’s eyes as his lips curved into a smirk.

“WHAT??!!” Ryeowook shouted, eyes balled out in shock. “THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!”

 

 


 

So, there it is. I guess it is enough for an introduction right? xD

thank you for reading ~~~