The Unexpected Encounter

This Is Not Love

JR's POV:

 

The bus stopped in front of the insane asylum. I don't know what it's called, I wasn't listening when Ms. Song told us. I was too busy talking to Baekho about how I didn't want to go there. And Baekho has the window seat so I couldn't see what it's called either.

Baekho mumbled something almost inaudibly.

"What?" I leaned closer to him.

He snapped his head towards me, "What?" He blinked.

"What? You mumbled something."

He blinked again, "What? I did?"

I tilted my head, "What? Of course you did."

"What? I don't remember."

"What? What do you mean you don't remember?"

He cracked a smile upon hearing what I just said, "Stop saying what! It's not a word anymore!" He laughed.

I chuckled, "You started it."

"What? No, I didn't."

"See? Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't!"

"Yes, you did!"

"Why do we always do this?"

"I seriously don't know."

We stared at each other intensively then burst out laughing once again.

I stopped laughing to see everybody getting up and out of the bus. "What happened? Did we miss something?"

Baekho glanced around then outside, "I think we did. Go!" He pushed me out of my seat, got up and motioned me to get off the bus.

I stumbled as he pushed me but regained my balance as I slowly got off the bus with him poking my back. I nearly tumbled down the bus stairs but the person in front of me, saved me.

He turned around to glare at me, "Watch it!"

I bowed as he slowly turned back, "I'm sorry." I turned to glare at Baekho. He was trying not to laugh his off!

We got off the bus and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "That was way too funny to be ignored!"

"I nearly got killed by you!" I joked but seriously, I would've died. I would've broke my neck and died. I would've appeared on a reality show called Stupid Ways To Die or something.

 

He froze as he pointed at the building, I turned to look but nothing was there. Just a spooky, old building with hundreds of windows. Some windows were broken, some had bars and some were reinstalled. The building itself had more than four floors at least. Probably has a basement too, five floors maybe. It was made of brick and other materials that make hospitals look creepy.

"What?"

"O-oh, I thought I saw something but I guess not."

"You're bound to see something, it's an insane asylum after all."

He shrugged it off, "Yeah, you're right."

Ms. Song's voice shouted over the crowd of chatting students, "Okay everybody, grab a partner. Nobody is going alone!" At this, everybody quickly got into pairs. And as expected, nobody wanted to go with me so I get Baekho. "Is everybody in pairs?"

Everybody nodded, "Yes Ms. Song!"

Her voice went quiet, "Even JR?"

Baekho glared slightly before hollering, "Yes Ms. Song! I'll take care of him! I always do!" He gave her his amazing, dazzling smile.

She smiled back, "Good! I'm counting on you Baekho, don't let me down!" She joked but I felt a sharp sting in my heart. Even the most cheerful teacher doesn't like me. Oh well.

I looked down as Baekho went back to glaring at Ms. Song when she wasn't looking our way. "Doesn't she know any manners?" He scowled, almost whispering to me.

I bit back a smile, "It's okay Baekho. My clumsiness is probably just a phase, it'll pass." I reassured him.

He didn't look convinced but yet, he still nodded. "Okay."

We missed what Ms. Song said again because the class entered the building in pairs. We were waaaaaayyyy at the back because if I got in trouble again, the whole class got in trouble. It happened before.

Baekho nudged me, "Don't think like that!"

I rolled my eyes, he's a mind reader. "You don't even know what I was thinking about."

"Yes, I do. You were thinking about how clumsy you are that we always have to be at the back of the line." He scoffed at my attitude.

"Ok ok! I won't think like that anymore!" I got out my notebook, "I'm ready to keep track of what I see, for Ren." I smiled thinking about what he said; saving us.

He smiled, "That's the spirit! Come on!" He dragged us inside, following the class.

 

The class stood in the waiting room while the teacher talked to the receptionist.

I turned to Baekho, "It's gross in here!" I wrote it down in the notebook.

Baekho hovered over me.

"You're blocking my light."

"I am your light!"

I snorted but laughed anyways. He's always so weird, especially in cases like this. "You're so weird!"

"Nuh-uh! You're weirder!" He playfully punched my shoulder again.

I stuck my tongue out at him, "No more!"

He chuckled, "You big baby!"

"I'm not a big bab--"

"Ok everybody! They're going to give us a tour of this building, its' history and records!" Ms. Song interrupted me. "Come on!"

She walked out and everybody followed her. We went down this very long hallway then finally came to a door.

"This is where we keep dangerous patients but not enough to harm people badly." The person who's giving us a tour said. I don't even know who's that! I didn't even notice she was here!

She took out her keys and unlocked the door, "Ready?"

The class nodded.

She opened the door and we saw a lot of cells lined up on each side of the wall. The white paint was peeling off the walls revealing a rusted black brownish metal underneath.  The cells had bars going vertically and some were broken but still, they couldn't escape through those little openings.

It's made out of metal? I thought.

We stepped through the door one at a time because who gets stuck halfway through a doorway when someone is trying to get through at the same time?

I glanced into each and every one of the cells. They were tiny! Just one bed and a toilet!

I stopped for a moment and wrote down in my notebook unaware of what's in front of me.

Hallway: made of metal but rusted. White paint peeling off and it stinks like crap. Cells: They look very uncomfortable and stained bedsheets. Small room and paint peeling off. Blood on walls and it's gross looking.

I glanced up to see a patient up close and staring at me intensively. I gasped and backed up but only to get caught in the arms of another patient through the bars. The person's breath stunk as he heavily breathed on my neck. I cringed as I wiggled to get free but then someone snatched my notebook and started hitting the patient with it.

The patient reluctantly let go and the person grabbed my arm, dragged me away to where the class disappeared. As he dragged me, I had the chance to figure out who it was; he had short black hair, somewhat tall, broad shoulders and a very, very tight grip. Despite losing the sense in my hand, I sort of knew who it was. When the class appeared in our sights, the person let go and turned to me.

 

It was Jung Taekwoon.

 

"You really are clumsy." He said, stared at me up and down as if I was rotten meat.

I bowed and smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, for making you come and rescue me like a princess who's stuck in a tower and Prince Charming has to--" I rambled on and on, not knowing how to talk to other people without Baekho by my side.

He raised his hand only to put his finger on my lips lightly but that didn't stop me from talking. Then he pressed his finger tightly since I didn't stop talking first time he did it lightly, "Too much talking."

With his finger still on my lips, I tried talking. "Shoory!" He raised an eyebrow and took his finger off my lips. "I mean sorry."

He nodded as he shoved my notebook into my hands, "I'm not saving you next time. I'm not Prince Charming."

And with that, he walked away to find his partner. I only could stand and gape at what just happened. I looked like an idiot standing there with my mouth open. My brain couldn't comprehend what happened.

"What just happened?! Did he really just save me?!" I shouted to no one in particular. When I finally snapped out of my trance, the class was already on the move. I ran to catch up but I lost Baekho.

Out of nowhere, someone poked me in the rib. I yelped, held my rib and turned to the attacker.

 

It was Baekho.

 

"Where were you?! I was looking for you."

"Where was I? Where were YOU? And I was the one who was looking for you." He responded, with a big question mark above his head.

"I just got saved by Prince Charming, what else?!"

He gasped dramatically, hand to his chest. "What?! I'm not Prince Charming?!"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah right. I just wasn't looking and got caught. But someone saved me."

Baekho wiggled his eyebrows, eww. "Who was it?"

I shrugged, "I'm not telling. He probably won't like it."

"Ooh! Being secretive, are we?"

"I'm not being secretive, I'm just being realistic."

Baekho raised an eyebrow, "Since when were you realistic?"

My eyes widen at what he said and I playfully punched his shoulder, "Screw you Baekho!"

He just laughed at his own horrible joke.

 

During the rest of the tour, I was barely listening to what was being said. All I was doing is recording what I see, for Ren. Geez, that monster freak! Monster obsessed freak!

A few times, we went up a flight of stairs to see even more and more patients. After what happened on the main floor, I decided to record what I see when I'm in a safe zone.

"And we have one more place where we keep the most dangerous patients in the whole asylum."

My ears perked up at this. "Most dangerous patients?"

"We keep them down in the basement where they won't escape. Some has big heavy doors instead of bars and has no windows in the rooms. Who wants to see it?"

Everybody eagerly raised their hands, including me but she probably couldn't see it due to the sea of raised hands.

She excitedly clapped her hands, "Good! Right this way then!" She led the way right down the hallway, opposite of where we came up.

Aren't we supposed to go down? Am I the only one who's noticed? I thought.

We reached the end of the hallway, big oak double doors looked menacing alone. I felt a shiver go down my spine and suddenly it felt very, very cold.

The double doors squeaked loudly as she slowly opened it. There was a swirling staircase leading down into the darkness. We descended down as it got colder. So cold that we needed winter coats now!

I apparently was the last one, and I tripped over my shoelaces, making a repeat of what happened in the school bus. It was a game of dominoes that turned into a big huge accident; everybody who got knocked over was rolling down the stairs. Luckily, we were close to the bottom of the stairs so we didn't roll down very far.

As everybody groaned and got up, they glared at me. "JR!!!"

I flinched and bowed, "I'm very sorry!!! I didn't mean for this to happen!!"

They seemed to not like me more, but they did accept my apology when they saw my untied shoelace. I bent down to tie it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Taekwoon. His face showed pity, empathy, or sadness before he followed the rest of the class.

I was left there until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinched, looked up and saw Baekho already almost crying. This is the reason why I don't like field trips and he knows that too. He knows why I stay at school or home during field trips. I'm just a huge, clumsy failure!

He sat down next to me, wrapped his arms around me as I silently sobbed.

 

After that incident, I decided to stay close to the class so I won't do anything out of the ordinary. There wasn't any cells yet so that's good.

"Okay! I'm sure most of you are excited just as I am! Here is where we keep most of the dangerous patients. These patients have killed numerous of people including security, doctors, nurses and anybody in particular." She motioned to a door.

The class stiffened.

"Don't worry, we have body guards and security all over the place. But be warned, not all cells are big heavy doors because the asylum doesn't have enough money to replace it."

I shivered, something down here doesn't feel right with me. I just shrugged it off because this is an insane asylum after all.

We went through the door to see everything is bright white unlike upstairs. Big soundproof doors with the small, shatterproof window covered a little of the cells' doors. Most times I would see a patient's face up close to the small window which scared the crap out of me! The class moved slowly, very curious and afraid. As we got further, the class moved faster.

 

I walked slowly along with my classmates, staring at the patients who were staring back with such darkness in their eyes, all except for one. His cell was a prison cell with the bars and an uncomfortable bed. Above his cell, was a sign that said Danger! Don't come near him! His arms were bound to the wall so was his legs, maybe a little bit too much chains to keep him bound I thought. I looked up at his face, he was handsome, a little too handsome for an insane asylum. His hair was brown but close to a black, disheveled, and not too long. He wore an unreadable expression on his face, standing against the wall, wearing nothing but a straitjacket then our gazes locked with each other. His eyes were mysterious, murderous, lustful, I felt a shiver run up my spine but I would never admit that some went down between my legs. Why would he look at me like that? I looked away quickly, only to figure out that I nearly got left behind by my class but first, I have to keep a record for Ren or else he'll smack me with his WOmanly powers. I quickly wrote stuff down then I ran to catch up with them but got pulled back onto iron bars. I gasped, feeling pain rush up my body, my vision blurred for second then went back to normal. I hit my head not too gracefully than I've hoped. I winced, feeling arms wrap around my waist through the bars then heard him whispering right in my ear.

 

"I'll find you, and you'll regret coming here, beautiful boy."

 

His voice sounded so threatening, but yet sounded so y-- what am I saying?! I clawed at his hands trying to make him let go, "Let go!" I'm not going to let a handsome guy molest me like this! Especially in a place like this!

He gripped my wrists tightly and held them against the bars, "I don't want to." Then he sniffed my hair and he obviously liked how I smelt like because he lingered longer than he should've. It was a weird sensation because it tickled but it aroused me at the same time.

At that moment he weaken his grip so I ripped free of him. I backed away from the cell and ran to where I last seen my classmates. What I didn't notice though, was that he slipped out of his chains.

He chuckled darkly, "You'll never escape from me, Jonghyun. You're mine once when I catch you." He smirked before looking down at his hand. In his hand, laid JR's name tag. He smelt it, letting out a small Ah, smells like his owner thought the person.

 

"I'll find you Jonghyun. Just wait and see."

 


Please, if you like this story so far, comment, subscribe and upvote...

Thank you!