Oops! Clumsy Me!

This Is Not Love

JR's POV:

I groggily opened my eyes, only to close them up again. The sun was shining on my face, looks like my mom opened the curtain before she left for work. It was always like this, she'd have to leave for work early so she can come home early but yet, her boss is too stubborn and keeps her working until late. She usually makes me breakfast but it's cold by the time I get out of bed to eat it.

I rolled over and landed face first onto the floor. I've been sleeping on the edge of my bed again, "Damn it." I grumbled, getting up. I glanced at the clock then my eyes flew open. "I'm late!" I grabbed my phone on the night table, ran downstairs, and quickly ate my breakfast. I ran outside too fast that I forgot to put on my shoes so I ran back inside. I slipped on my shoes then made sure that the door was locked before running to school.

I made it in class just before the bell rang. I sighed in relief then walked over to my seat which was at the back of the class close by the window. I sat down then Baekho sat down beside me.

"Hey? How's it going?" He leaned over to poke my shoulder.

"I woke up late."

"Again? If you don't start coming in early, I'm going over to your house to wake you up early." He threatened.

I grinned, "I sense a threat."

He faked gasp, "It's not a threat! I'm just.... Looking out for you! Yeah! Just looking out for you."

I playfully punched his shoulder, "Right! Nice excuse!"

"What? It's the truth." He pouted.

"Ok ok, you win. But there's no way you're breaking into my house just to wake me up early."

He chuckled, "Just trying to help you."

I nodded, "I know."

The teacher came in with a big smile, "Good morning class!" She said cheerfully.

"Good morning Miss Song." The class chorused in a bored manner obviously tired for waking up so early.

"Oh, come on! Put your frown upside-down!" She's got to be the most cheerful teacher this school has ever had. "We're going on a school trip!" At this, the class cheered. "To the insane asylum!" The class groaned.

One student whom I known as Yoo Youngjae slowly raised his hand. "U-umm..... Miss Song?"

"Yes Youngjae?"

"W-why are we going to the insane a-asylum?"

Miss Song clasped her hands together, "Well, it's to show that being crazy isn't fun. We'll be going there after lunch. And I hope none of my students end up in that place!" She ended her sentence with a glare which was directed to every person in the class except for Youngjae, because Youngjae was smart and was her favourite student.

I groaned, slamming my head against the desk. "Why couldn't I just call in sick today?"

Baekho poked my shoulder again, "Hey, hey! If you called in sick today then I would have to be alone."

I looked up at him, "You won't be alone. You have Minki here."

"He told you not to call him that, besides he likes to be called Ren and besides, he's in another class. We only have three classes together!"

"Oh ok, I forgot. And besides, you said besides two times in one sentence. That's not right."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What's wrong with saying besides two times in one sentence?"

"It's wrong saying besides."

"Besides?"

"Besides."

"Besides?"

I nodded, "Besides."

"Besides."

"Yep! Besides, it's wrong to say besides-- that doesn't sound like a word anymore."

"Yeah I know. Besides."

"Stop saying besides!"

He just laughed. "Ok ok."

I nodded, "Good." Looking back at Miss Song teaching the lesson.

 

The class went by faster than it did before, and I walked out of the classroom with my shoulder bag. I like shoulder bags better than backpacks, although backpacks are bigger than shoulder bags but I don't care, I'm just cool like that.

"So? What do you think about the school trip?" Baekho appeared beside me out of nowhere.

"I think that's stupid. Who would want to go to the insane asylum as a school trip." I replied.

"But it would be horrible if you ended up in there. I hope you don't end up in there."

"End up in where?" Minki came out from behind us. Apparently, he only heard the last part of our conversation.

"In the insane asylum, Miss Song is taking us there for a class trip."

Minki furrowed his eyebrows, "But, who would want to go there for a school trip?"

I turned to Minki, "Thank you! See? I'm not the only one who says that!" I stuck my tongue out at Baekho.

"Why couldn't you guys go to a haunted house or a graveyard. That's much better!"

Baekho turned to me then stuck his tongue out.

I groaned, "Minki, you should've took my side, not his!"

Minki put up his index finger, "Okay, first of all; it's Ren. And second; I'm not taking anybody's side. And third; there's no third, I just wanted to say that."

I rolled my eyes while Baekho chuckled, "That's Ren for you, always sassy."

"Yeah I know." I agreed.

"Hey! I'm not sassy! I'm just too good for the both of you!" He replied sassily. "Anyways, when are you guys going to the insane asylum?"

"After lunch. Why?" Said Baekho.

"I want you to tell me everything you see there. Like the patients, doctors, cells, anything."

I chuckled, "You and your scary movies. But I do think that you watch too many of them."

"But what if a patient escapes? What if you don't know what to do? What if he tries killing everybody? That's where I come in. I'm going to be superman and save you all from a crazy person."

I raised my eyebrow, "And how are you planning to do that?"

"I think it's easy to kill a crazy person. He or she is just a human." Baekho answered although that question wasn't for him.

"It's not just a human! They're more smarter than us, in ways you don't understand! They can set traps and you wouldn't even know what it's for! But next thing you know, splat! You're squished by a rock that's been hidden very nicely!"

Baekho laughed, "Yeah, you do watch too many scary movies."

"What?! Just you wait! I'll prove to you that it's real!"

"How are you going to do that? Oh, and I'm pretty sure that superman doesn't look like a girl." I stated.

"Shut up! I don't look like a girl! But I am going to watch every scary movie about crazy people and with that, I'll save you!" With that, he ran to his next class.

"Do you really think that he'll save us?"

"I hardly doubt that." I shrugged, "I need to go to my next class. I'll see you later." I walked away.

"Ok! See you later! And remember, don't end up in that place!" Baekho shouted in the hallways only to be shushed by the teachers who already started their lesson. He loudly apologized then went off to his class.

I chuckled, "He doesn't know how to be quiet." And then I walked to my next class.

 

The day went by so fast, next thing I knew, it was already lunchtime. Wow! School is finally going by so fast! I must've fell asleep during class again, that always happens. First I wake up, go to school, to the store, then go to work. I met Baekho and Ren at our usual spot in the garden, the school cafeteria is always crowded.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked only to get a shrug in response from Baekho and a slight nod from Ren. I rolled my eyes, "Why do I even greet you guys if you don't do the same?" I asked myself, slouching my shoulders.

Baekho looked up from his homework, "Sorry JR but I need to finish my homework again." He pouted. "The teacher didn't accept blank spaces."

"Math again?" Asked Ren.

"Yep! Ugh! Why is math so hard?"

"So you won't get stupid?" I volunteered, smiling. "Come on Baekho, math isn't hard. You'll know how to do it if you understand it. It'll be easy."

"That's easy for you to say. You get B's whenever we have a test while I have D's every time."

"That's because I study, and I still make some time for work and you guys."

Ren raised an eyebrow, "Why do you even work? Tell us why again." Baekho and him leaned towards me, wanting to hear my fabulous excuse for working.

I groaned, "Come on guys, don't make me do this. I already told you." But Baekho and Ren weren't having it, they motioned their hands in a way that said Go on.

I scoffed, shaking my head. They motioned me to Go on again. I shook my head and crossed my arms. They did it again. And again, and again. Each time I shook my head, they did it again. So, I decided to tell them what my fabulous excuse was. "Okay! I work because I don't want to be alone at home."

Baekho and Ren clapped their hands, "See? That wasn't so hard."

"Well, it was. It's embarrassing to reveal the reason why I work. I sound like a baby."

"You are a baby!" Baekho shouted, trying not to laugh. "Look at what you're doing!"

I looked down on myself, only to see myself crossing my legs, crossing my arms. I reached up to my face to feel a pout on my lips, I did that unknowingly again. I uncrossed my arms and let out a deep long sigh.

"So? JR is the baby and not me?" Ren grinned, teasing me.

"No! I just do that without knowing it. What about Baekho? He pouts a lot."

Ren nodded, "Yep, but you look cuter when you pout."

"I already told you, I don't pout!" I ate my lunch quickly. "Anyways, Baekho pack up. We have to go to class." I stood up, dusting off the invisible dirt off my pants and starts walking away.

Baekho looked up at me, "But the bell didn't ri--"

 

The bell rang.

 

"Never mind." He said, packing up his stuff and running after me. I already started walking because the sooner we get to class and the sooner we go to this class trip, the sooner it's over.

"Don't forget to tell me what you see and who's there!!" Ren shouted to us, waving his arms like a child.

"Why does Ren like to watch scary movies?" I groaned.

"Because he's..... A vampire! Vampires aren't scared of movies or anything!"

I laughed, "A vampire can't go out in the sunlight."

He looked at me, "Are you a vampire too?"

I shook my head, "No, that would be sad for the people who are. They have to stay young and heathy while their loved ones get old then die."

Baekho squinted his eyes at me, "How come we never seen your mom?"

"Because she's always at work."

"What if your secretly a vampire and you're not telling us?"

"I can assure you that I'm not a vampire."

"Prove it."

"Okay." I looked up, it's a cloudy day, so nope. I looked around for garlic in my backpack, nope. Then I saw it, a sharp stick on the ground. I picked it up, "Bring me your arm."

He lifted his arm towards me, "Why?"

"May I?"

He nodded, "But what for?"

I grabbed his arm forcefully, "I just need your blood." I grinned like a crazy person holding up the sharp stick while he was freaking out about me wanting his blood. "Just kidding! I don't like blood. It's tastes so metallic and just plain horrible."

Baekho sighed in relief, "I thought you were a vampire."

"A vampire can't come into your house uninvited, which I always do."

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I know."

"But hey! Did you see that new movie that just came out in theatres?"

Baekho gasped, "Yes! Well, no."

"We can go see it after school, I mean after work."

"Okay! You have to pick me up though." He smiled.

Then we chatted all the way to class or tried to, the students kept pushing and shoving, trying to get to their class before their teacher did.

 

We made it to class in time before the bell rang and before the teacher came. Today must be a lucky day for me. We sat down and waited.

Baekho groaned, "When is she coming? We've been waiting here for an hour!"

"It's barely past 2 minutes." I said as a matter-of-factly.

"But it still felt like an hour!"

"Quit whining! You don't hear me whining." I playfully slapped his shoulder.

He turned to stare at me, "But you were whining when Ms. Song told us that we were going to the insane asylum."

"I wasn't whining, I was just complaining."

"So you admitted that you complain?"

"What?! No! I didn't say that!" I waved my hands in the air.

He rolled his eyes, "Yes, you did. I heard you."

"Your ears are playing tricks on you." I retorted, acting cool.

"Your mouth is babbling nonsense."

"It's not. I have control over my mouth. See?" I gaped like a fish just to make him see that I have control over my mouth.

Baekho shook his head, "Still not convinced."

I groaned, "Why can't you believe me?!"

"Because you're a vampire."

"I'm not a vampire."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"Nope!"

"Yep!"

"Nope!"

"Yep!"

"Ok! Stop! You're spitting in my eye!" I shouted, wiping Baekho's spit off my face close to my eye.

He burst out laughing, "Sorry! Hey! Shh! Ms. Song is here now." He sat up straight as the teacher walked in.

"Good afternoon class. I'm pretty sure that all of you enjoyed your lunch. And now, all of you will take out your notebooks. Take some notes because you're going to make an essay about why being crazy isn't fun."

The class groaned, even I did too. I thought we were gonna have a break from English. I took out my notebook and stood up as the teacher walked to the door. Students followed her out the door, through the hallway, and out the school. As soon as all the students got into the school bus, a war broke out. They will fight until someone actually gets the back seats, which is the 'special' seats in the whole bus. Baekho and I took our seats in the middle of the bus. It's close to the back and the front which is pretty awesome because once when people gets the back seats, they'll want the middle seats since it's close to the 'special' seats.

 

People were pushing, pulling, stepping on shoes just to get a seat. I seriously don't even know why those seats are special! They're just seats for crying out loud!

I sighed but yelped as someone stepped on my foot trying to get the seat at the back of me. I roughly pulled back my foot which made the person fall and which made the person behind him fall and continued on until it was a game of dominoes.

The teacher came on the bus to see nearly everybody on the floor groaning. "What happened here?"

Everybody pointed at me.

She glared at me, "What did you do this time JR?"

"S-somebody stepped on my foot and I tried getting it out but everybody was pushing so I accidentally knocked everybody over when I did pull my foot out." I stammered because damn, she may be the most cheerful teacher the school's ever had but she has the most deadliest glare in the whole world. I almost pissed my pants trying to complete that sentence and look at her at the same time.

She must accepted that because she sighed then nodded, "It's okay JR, accidents happen."

But then a student in the back said, "But he causes accidents all the time Ms. Song!"

"Yeah, in the cafeteria, in the classroom, in the gym and now, even on the school bus!" Complained another student.

"Now now, let's all take a deep breath and calm down. It's not his fault he's clumsy. Everybody's clumsy and mess up on things. Okay?"

The class followed her instructions on a deep breath then exhaled in relief, "Yes Ms. Song."

"Good!" She clasped her hands together, "Everybody find a seat, we're leaving shortly."

I sighed in relief, and yes. I'm known as the clumsy person in the whole school. I accidentally made my favourite teacher quit his job by my clumsiness. Way to go JR! I hugged my knees to my chest and hid my face in my knees, too ashamed to face anyone.

As soon as everybody took a seat, the teacher motioned for the bus driver to get going.

The bus started moving.

Baekho patted my back in comfort, "It's not your fault you're so damn clumsy all the time JR." He deadpanned.

I rolled my eyes, "Wow Baekho! Thanks for cheering me up!" But in reality, I was really thankful to have a friend like Baekho.

"I don't need your sarcasm today JR, I really mean it."

I finally looked up at his face, it was showing empathy. Maybe pity, I'm not sure. "Thanks Baekho. I just hate my clumsiness is all."

"But hey," He playfully punched my shoulder, "At least it was funny! People were like dominoes!" He bursted out laughing in remembering what had happened not long ago.

His laugh was contagious, next thing I knew, I too had bursted out laughing.

We nearly laughed the whole way there. Every time we came close to a chuckle, we look at each other and burst out laughing again.