Epilogue

Eyes

 

LuHan woke up with an unfamiliar feeling. Someone was holding him tightly. The softness of the bed was a contrast to the firm chest and the broad shoulders pressed against his. With his sleepy eyes, he surveyed the room where he was. It was dim. Only little light from outside was peering through the draped curtains. Then it came; the recollection of what happened last night.

He smiled.

Yixing’s eyes fluttered open. Someone else’s scent assaulted his nose. A faint smile shaped on his lips when he realized whom it was. He lifted his face from LuHan’s bare chest and met his eyes. Surprised, the latter tried to look away but Yixing locked him in place with a kiss.

“Good morning,” he muttered when their lips parted.

LuHan response was a shy smile. That moment, Yixing thought he looked more beautiful; just the way his eyes grew smaller and how his cheeks blushed. The light brown hair was sticking out everywhere, making him look like a little child who was called out to wake up from a nap. “Cute,” Yixing whispered before placing a gentle kiss on the boy’s forehead.

“Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?”

LuHan shook his head, “I’m not hungry.”

Yixing eyed him skeptically, “Are you sure? I mean, last night was—“

LuHan tensed. He pressed his index finger on Yixing’s lips to silence him. “D-don’t say it…”

Yixing took LuHan’s hand and linked it with his, “Why? Do you regret what happened last night?” There was a tinge of sadness in his voice.

“That’s not it,” replied the smaller boy. He shut his eyes when the scenes from last night flashed in his mind. Yixing’s arms were placed firmly on both sides of his head. He hung his head low so he could see the boy underneath him. LuHan’s face contorted when the pain seeped in. The feeling was strange. One minute, his body was aching. The next, he was groaning in pleasure. Yixing owned him that night.

“I don’t regret it, Yixing,” LuHan muttered. “I’m just…This is just new and I’m really embarrassed. I’m sorry.”

Yixing hummed in relief. “I’m glad. Never will I regret what happened between us.” He tightened the grip of his fingers on LuHan’s. “Just me and you.” Without wasting another second, he captured the waiting lips and shared another passionate kiss with the special boy. At that moment, they seemed to forget about anything else.

-

LuHan was sure he was floating that morning. Yixing was holding his hand amidst the judgmental eyes of the students around them. They were walking along the hallway, coming late for class. Unlike in the past where his chest was hallowed with fear whenever he tackled the hallway, LuHan could only feel a tinge of weariness that time. The feeling of joy was overwhelming. Yixing, too, appeared to be content with him by his side. His cold eyes were softer and filling. It was still a challenge for LuHan to come in eye contact with other people but he was now more willing to take risk and maybe open up to those worthy of his friendship. It was difficult to go out of his shell when that’s what he did almost all his life. But then Yixing, who was as broken as him, gave him more than just the love he wanted to feel. The few words coming out from his mouth ease away the doubts. His stolen kisses are heartwarming. He finds shelter in those arms ready to accept him for who he was.

Those cruel souls who shattered them repeatedly were sporting the same twisted smile on their faces when they saw their victims finding haven in each other’s arms. They still laughed at them, spitting words that could cut like a knife and tear apart a fragile heart.

 

But it didn’t matter anymore.

 

Yixing held LuHan closer as they passed by the crowd of insolent mouths. The former was looking ahead without sparing a glance at the cruelty going on around him, as if telling LuHan to forget about the rest and look forward to a better day with just the two of them.

When chances link our fate and love heal our broken wings, we will be in each other arms, to cherish the joy we mostly deserve.

 

-