Jinx!

Jinx!

Title: Jinx!
Pairing: YamaShi, KamiShi
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance, School life, Fluff
Summary: Mirai believes in school jinx about becoming a couple if you work on Graduation Album. But she got paired with Yamada instead of Kamiki, her crush.

 

*Mirai’s POV*

“Okay everyone!!” Come in front. Draw a paper in this box. Tell me who get it!” Aiba Sensei told the class. The whole class has decided to use lottery to pick the Graduation Album committee since no one wanted to volunteer.

“It’s coming…it’s coming…my last resort to be paired with Kamiki-kun!” I whispered and half praying. I have been admiring Kamiki Ryunosuke for quite a long time now.

“Has everyone drawn your paper? Please the chosen two stand up.” Aiba Sensei continued to instruct.

“It’s you!!!” Both Yamada and me shouted to each other at the same time.
This is cannot be happening. Why all of this many boys in this class it has to be him. My life is finally over.

“NOOOOOO!!!! Why is it that I have to spend my most precious time before graduating with the one like you!!! Iyaaa~~~”

It’s just great. I had put all my hope in the school jinx that “the two people who are chosen to work on the graduation album will become a couple”. I’m really thankful that this year was my turn to be in jinxed. Butttt not with this persoonnnn!!

“I have an offer. One life time offer. The one who exchange this piece of paper with me, will receive 100¥ from me!! Please hurry up and make your mind.” Yamada walking through the class offering his selected paper to change with our classmates.

It’s official. My dream has come to an end..,Sayonara Kamiki-kun..sob…sob…

“Chinen…if you change with me right now… I will give you extra bonus. 100¥ plus two apples. How’s that?”

“Oiii…Yamada!! Your cheapskate!! Am I only worth that much? 100¥ and two apples? Are you kidding me?” I knocked Yamada’s head.

“Yamada and Shida are really something isn’t it? Your relationship is inseparable. You both in same class for the whole 3 years. Not to mention you two sit next to each other… now both of you are selected as the Graduation Committee…. hahahahaah…sugoi ne!!” Kamiki-kun continued to laugh after left us a very unexpected comment.

OMG…it’s my beloved Kamiki kun… This is my chance to talk to him…I need to explain to him… I need to explain to him…

“Ano...umm…ah…” I unable to say anything at the end.

                                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


How I have a crush on Kamiki kun? 2 years ago, during the school festival, I slipped and fell down when the class were playing the snowball. Everyone there was laughing at me, and the person who asked me “Daijoubu?” was Kamiki-kun… I wanted to be able to work on the graduation album with him.

“Minna…there is a erted girl in this class. She was smiling and grinning all of sudden. Even she was daydreaming. She just pretending to be busy working on this graduation stuff.” Yamada yelled made my flashback stopped.

“…What? What are you saying? What is wrong with thinking about the person you like. You that are very childish of course wouldn’t understand my true love feelings. You are the erted one!!” I protested. How dare you announced that I am a ert to the whole class. It’s so embarrassing. Even Kamiki-kun who is also here!

“Huaaaaa…kowai!! How scary. Are you the type who content by just watching from afar? Why? Do you do not have enough calcium? Or you do not have enough teeth?”

“Baka!! Stop saying stupid things!! Be a little considerate please!” Yamada definitely make fun of me.

“I am extremely nice to the person whom I consider special okay?” Yamada added.

“…Someone special. Uso!!? It can’t be there’s some you like? In this class? Who is it? Is she in this picture?” This is definitely breaking news. I want to know. Not that I like him or anything, but I just want know.

“Stupid… look at the photo that you are holding. For sure it is not anyone in the picture because they are all guys.”

“Then, how about this picture??!”

“Ahahahahaha…during that time, sensei is really mad at us.”

I look at the picture that I showed Yamada. “…Ah, this is during the field trip in Osaka right. You are the one who said we should sneak out and have fun.

“Because you are the one who brought the fireworks, Shida.”

“…What? You are the one who are really into it. Do you remember sensei’s face during that time? It’s was so funny!”

In the end, we were only laughing so hard over all the stupid things we’ve done before. Photos sure reminded us a lot of memory. Just like that, I never found who is the person Yamada liked.

                                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


“Kamiki-kun having a small party after school at Kizuna’s Karaoke. He invited us all to celebrate his success on the entrance exam to T University. Mirai , you definitely going right?” Umika asked me.

“Mochiron!!” Of course I want to go. It’s Kamiki-kun we are talking about here.

“…Ah…I can’t... because there is a committee meeting that I have to attend after school…T_T”

“Oii~~the committee meeting was cancelled.” Yamada told me.

“YATTA!!” I can go, hurray!!

“Yamada, you’re coming too right, to Kamiki party?” Chinen who passed by asked him.

“No..I have others plan...Yappari… you are lonely without me, Chinen? You also Shida?” He still made that stupid face.

“Oi…think again! I am happy you not THERE!! I am really thankful” I retorted back. But, it’s definitely strange for Yamada to turn down this kind of thing. He loves events like this, especially karaoke.

Unless that thing is very important for him to turn down this party…or he has some sort of plan or a date with the girl he like?

                                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


*At Kizuna Karaoke*

“Shida…What are dreaming about? The ice-cream in your hand is melting! Hurry up eat it.” Kamiki-kun surprised me bit.

Oh my God! What am I doing silly thing, and in front of Kamiki-kun to begin with. And he also talked to me. Miracle happened!

“…Arrrr…urmm…dare ka…tissue..or handkerchief??” I panicked. Now the melting ice cream all over my hand… I need to go to washroom.

“Shida…you are cute!” Kamiki kun suddenly said.

My world stop spinning. The loud noise from the music of the songs in the room felt suddenly silent. I need to calm myself and hear it again.

“Shida…you are cute!”

I am not heard it wrong. He complimented me. Kamiki-kun complimented me!! He said I’m cute.

“Wuhoooo…ne Kamiki, what with that unexpected statement?” Chinen asked. Now the whole class were whistling us. It is very unexpected word to come out from Kamiki-kun mouth.

“What? Shida is cute. So I just said what in my mind. It is not like I am doing something wrong, right?” Kamiki-kun answered back calmly.

Chinen added, “So, it is not something wrong, why don’t both of you date?”

Oi oi oi Chinen… do you realize what you have said just now? I still unable to process what happened just now. Now you asked him to date me?

“Ii yo…it’s fine with me. Since I do not have a girlfriend…” Kamiki said.

                                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is this a confession? Eventhough I always dreamt a very wonderful confession from a prince-like Kamiki-kun…but this is fine though…so I should give him a proper respond right? I slapped my cheek. I need to make sure again Kamiki-kun not joking during his party.

“A confession?! That explain why you are hurting yourself. I think you just gone crazy.” Yamada said without even facing me... he just walked away.

“Oiii…are you even listening to what I just said?!” Why I have to tell him about this, me myself do not understand. Because we are friend? “So what do you think? Yamada...oii are you listening?

“Why are you asking me? You should ask him.” He answered but still walking away from me.

“Urm...that..that’s true. I should have asked him. But, it is okay right to ask you for your advice? You are so cold. You are not one bit like Kamiki-kun. You are completely opposite of him. Since we’re friends, you should be more-….”

“Friends? Who?” Yamada suddenly facing back and cornered me to the wall.

What are doing Yamada? Are you angry?

“I like you”
“Ehhhh...hontou?”
“Yes…I really like you.”
“But Kamiki-kunnnnn…don’t you say that to every one?”
“No… no way… I just said this to Haru-chan only~~”

Both of us suddenly heard a conversation of a girl and a boy near the corridor. Isn’t that Kamiki-kun’s voice? But he said he does not have a girlfriend.

“Gomen Yamada. I see… He was only teasing me...aahhhh…I feel really stupid!  I didn’t know anything about him and he deceived me when he told me that he like me. I am really an idiot…hahaha..”

I forced myself to laugh.

“Friends? Who?” Now I finally understand why Yamada also tired of me.

“Smack!!” When I turned around, I already saw Kamiki-kun on the floor. Did Yamada just punched him?

“Ittai!!! Oiii Yamada, what are you doing?” Kamiki-kun screamed in pain.

“What…-” Yamada’s expression was deadly serious.

“Oh there is a mosquito. Gomen ne... please continue.” He answered back with a big smile on his face. Like his usually silly face. Then, he left both Kamiki-kun and his girlfriend there dumbfounded.

“Shida, what are doing just standing there?” Somebody called me.

“…Aiba Sensei...”

“Are you alright now? Are your stomach hurt again? Hahaha...” Aiba Sensei asked me with a small laugh.

“Hai?”

“It is because Yamada said you stomach was hurting yesterday. That’s why you do not attend the committee meeting right? Are you really okay today?”

“Committee meeting yesterday?”

“That’s remind me… I already go through your works; the pages you’ve done for the graduation album. I already approved it. Good work!” Aiba Sensei then walk back to the teacher’s room.

“Oii~~the committee meeting was cancelled.” That’s what Yamada told me yesterday. Could it be he…-

                                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


“It snowing!! I want to play snowball fight!!”

“Mirai you are really like a kid. It’s too cold to play.!!” Umika laughed at me.

That’s right. 2 years ago, I fell during a snowball fight. And Kamiki kun asked “Are you okay?”

But if I can remember, it is actually Yamada is the one who listen to my whining and asked everyone to play. Kamiki-kun would not play a snowball fight.

I knew now. What should I do. I ran out the class and found Yamada near the school field. I rolled the snow to form a snowball and threw at him. Not one. But a few.

“Oiiii… what are you doing Shida...Stop it! It’s cold!!” Yamada finally realize my existence.
“Baka baka baka!! You are getting on my nerves!!”

“What? What is wrong with you? Stop it!! Oh…I understand now… I am sorry for hitting your beloved Kamiki-kun. So as a form of apology… you can hit me as much as you want… until you satisfied. But please keep me alive okay?” Yamada still laughing.

“Are you ready?” I asked him.

“Wait…Okay…come…-”

I rest my head to his chest and punched his chest lightly. “What kind of mosquito was that?”

“Eh…what?”

“What are you doing after school yesterday?”

“Yesterday? Urmm…I went to buy groceries for my mum.”

“Usotsuki! Then… which one is the ‘real’ you?”

“I don’t know... Doesn’t it mean that I’m extremely nice to the person whom I consider special?” He answered.

“What do you think about a wonderful guy like me? Aren’t I great?” He rustled my hair and hugged me. He then wiped my tears.

“Hahaha…Baka! You praised yourself” I finally laughed.

Is this because of school jinx? Whether it is jinx or not, one thing for sure, the one who are always by my side during my sadness or happiness is Yamada.


~OWARI~