One

Noona Series

“Noona, can you come here and read this?” I turn towards the deep voice and see Wonwoo waving me over.

 

It’s a typical day in the company building. The kids are all over the place from the practice room to the studio preparing for their new album. I smile as I make my way over to him. It flatters me when they ask for help when I have zero experience in these kinds of things. I’m just here to manage and be responsible for them. I don’t have the talent for song writing or music in general.

 

“What’s up?” I ask as I sit next to him, leaning over to look at his laptop. “Just read this and tell me if it sounds okay.” I nod as I read, in full concentration. I finish reading and turn to look at him in awe. He nervously looks back at me waiting for me to say something. All I do is clap.

 

“It’s really good!” I excitedly tell him, hitting him on the back. “You’re not just saying that?” He asks timidly, a smile creeping it’s way onto his face. “You know I never lie to you guys when it comes to this. Even though I shouldn’t even have an opinion when I don’t even know what I’m saying half the time.” You both laugh.

 

“So… who’s the rap about?” You wiggle your eyebrows, teasing him. He shoves you playfully and ignores the question. You continue to laugh and , enjoying how flustered he’s getting.

 

“You’re not being obvious at all.” Jisoo whispers sarcastically into Jeonghan’s ear before sitting down next to him. “W-what?” Jeonghan stutters, ripping his gaze away from you and Wonwoo, turning towards Jisoo. “You look like you’re ready to kill him.” Jisoo chuckles, flicking his head towards Wonwoo’s direction.

 

Jeonghan turns back towards the two of you to find Wonwoo back to sitting by himself again and you nowhere to be found. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jeonghan replies, looking down to his empty sheet of paper. “Good to know you’re working hard.” Jisoo pats him on the back before getting up and leaving. Jeonghan glares at his retreating figure before leaning onto the wall and sighing.

 

He doesn’t know what’s wrong with him lately. Every time he sees you getting close to another member, he feels annoyed for some reason. It’s probably just because you two were the closest at first and now it doesn’t seem that way. He notices that you’re always helping Wonwoo with his rap lyrics, always babying the youngest three, always discussing serious matters with Seungcheol, always having conversations in English with Jisoo and Hansol, always joking around with Seokmin and Soonyoung, taking extra good care of Jun and Minghao, cooking with Mingyu and quietly watching over Jihoon. It’s not supposed to annoy him. You’re one of their managers, of course you’re going to get close to everyone. You’re the closest to us in age too and like a big sister to us, it’s bound to happen. He keeps convincing himself that he’s just going a little insane from all this album preparation, that’s all.

 

I look down at my watch and see that it’s already 6 pm. I excitedly make my way over to gather everyone into the practice room.

 

“Noona, can’t you see I’m busy?” Jihoon groans, pointing to his work area. “This is important and you won’t be disappointed, I promise!” you smile, pushing him out of the room.

 

You were informed earlier today that the company has prepared for you to bring the boys out and have a good time, just you and the managers and they will pay for everything. They wanted to give them a small break from all their hard work and to celebrate their recent achievements.

 

You walked into the room and 13 pairs of eyes were watching you curiously. “What’s going on? Why are you so excited?” Seungcheol asks.

 

“Well, as you all know you’ve been working very hard this past month and the company has noticed. I know more than anyone that you all deserve a break.”

 

“Are we going to the beach? Like we did in Seventeen Project?” Soonyoung exclaims excitedly, clapping his hands.

 

“Are they going to buy us meat?” Mingyu stands up, jumping up and down.

 

“Are they going to let us sleep?” Jihoon grumbles. You frown. Poor thing.

 

“No.”

 

They all groan. “We’re going out!” You were met with silence. Jeonghan smiled at your excitement.

 

“Why are you not excited?” You frowned. “That’s it?” Seungkwan asks, already bored with this conversation.

 

“We’re going clubbing!” You exclaimed again and this time, they all went nuts. The room’s volume went from zero to a hundred as you tried to calm them down. “Wait, wait, wait. Are you sure we’re allowed? We don’t want you getting fired, noona.” Seungcheol said and you burst out laughing.

 

“Well obviously. I asked and they rented out a club just for us. So Channie can come too. And since Seungkwan and Hansol just had their coming of age day, I thought it’d be perfect. I feel bad that you never get to experience things teenagers these days get to do. So I thought clubbing might be a good option. The staff agreed and prepared it. We’re going out tonight.”

 

“YES!” Soonyoung and Seokmin hugged each other, jumping up and down. “Noona, you’re the best!” Seungkwan got up and hugged you. You smiled and ruffled his hair. Jeonghan frowned at the hug but let it go. It’s just Seungkwan.

 

“Oh and one more thing. Jihoonie might like this more than the clubbing,” you look at Jihoon who hasn’t changed his facial expression since, “you all have a day off tomorrow.” The cheers that followed shook the entire room and Jihoon finally had a hint of a smile on his face. “I begged them to let you guys drink just a little, nothing crazy, just some spritzers, it’s not a club experience without a little alcohol and they were hesitant but agreed. But Channie, I’m sorry bubs I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

 

“It’s ok, noona! At least I can come and dance!” You smile at his enthusiasm.

 

Jeonghan decides it’s the perfect opportunity so he gets up and hugs you, surprising you. “Are you that happy?” you ask, smiling.

 

Before he could reply, he gets shoved out of the way by Seungcheol who hugs you tightly and says, “noona, I love you.” Soon, everyone is getting up to hug you and thank you, everyone except Jihoon of course who just gives you a smile.

 

Jeonghan stood there in silent anger, watching as each of s hugged you. Mingyu even carried you and twirled you around. It’s his fault for starting the chain of hugs. Jisoo is the last one to hug you and Jeonghan quickly grabs him by his sweater, breaking it up. Jisoo looks to Jeonghan with a smile, rolling his eyes. “So protective.” He mutters, for Jeonghan’s ears only.

 

“We’re going to have dinner and then you’re all going to get ready. I’ll meet you guys back at the dorm, okay? And dress up as if you’re going to a club, that’s our rules!” You tell them, getting ready to leave. “But noona, we’ve never been to a club.” Minghao said. “Seungcheol, you help them. Bye kids, I’ll see you later!” You wave goodbye, heading off.

 

“Anything for you!” Seungcheol yells back. You smile.


You make your way over to the dorms in your heels that you already regret wearing and knock on the door of the managers’ dorm.

 

“Whoa! I almost didn’t recognize you.” Jaesung laughs, you walk past him and into the dorm. “I don’t look that different, do I?” I ask, looking down at my appearance. “The kids are going to go crazy. They all like you.” He laughs hard, shaking his head.

 

“No, they don’t. I’m just nice while you’re strict, that’s all.”

 

“Sure it is. Let’s go?” He asks, throwing on his coat. You follow him out into the hallway and walk towards the boys’ dorm, only 2 doors down.

 

He opens it and you both walk in. “Kids, are you ready?” He yells into the surprisingly empty living room. “No!” they all chorused at once. You laughed. You both make yourself comfortable while you wait. 15 minutes pass and not 1 person out of 13 are ready. You’re about to go insane.

 

“I’ll go get them.” He sighs, getting up and walking towards their rooms. You scroll through your phone while you wait until you hear feet shuffling towards the living room. You don’t bother to look up; you know they’re all not ready yet.

 

“They’re all ready! Yah, why are you all just standing there?” Jaesung yelled, looking towards the group before bursting out into laughter.

 

“Finally. I know you guys take long but seriously?” You get up to grab your coat, turning around to see all eyes on you.

 

“W-what?” You stammered, not liking all the attention on you. “Holy sh-“ Seungcheol slaps a hand over Sooyoung’s mouth.

 

“That’s… different.” Jihoon mutters, before turning around to go put on his shoes. “Is that a bad thing?” You narrow your eyes at him, turning to look at the group who are still staring at you with an unreadable expression.

 

Jaesung walks towards you to pick up his coat before whispering, “told you,” the amusement in his voice evident. You glare at him as he gets them to finally take their focus off you to get ready to leave.

 

“Noona, Jeonghan is still in the bathroom.” Jisoo informs you, before following the others out the door. “Jaesung, I’ll wait for Jeonghan. Just get the van ready.” Jaesung nods and follows the others out. Jisoo hears this and smiles, thinking Jeonghan is going to thank him later.

 

You’re about to knock on the door when it opens, startling you. You’re not the only one startled as Jeonghan chokes. “Oh my god, are you okay?” You ask, hitting his back. Jeonghan just nods, dumbfounded.

 

"Hurry up! Everyone’s waiting downstairs.” You make your way to the door while you wait for him to put on his shoes.

Jeonghan’s heart is racing. He tries to keep his eyes trained anywhere but you as he goes to put on his shoes. When you look down to check the time on your phone, he glances up quickly to take a peek. His face is burning. He walks past you and out the door before you grab him and tell him to hold still.

 

“You look nice Jeonghannie,” you say as you fix his collar. He freezes. You don’t notice as you turn to lock the door. “Now let’s go!” you grab onto his wrist as you make your way downstairs. He let’s you drag him along; he doesn’t think he can walk properly on his own.