Chapter One

Three Nights of Forever in Tokyo

 

Chapter One

Destination: Tokyo, Japan


Yuri adjusted her sunglasses and clutched at her passport tightly.  It was going to be her first time traveling outside Korea and she was extremely nervous.  If not for her stupid fate, she won’t have to go far away right now. 

Yuri is a financial analyst of the company her best friend's family owns.  After her graduation in Chung Ang University, Mr. Im offered her the job and she happily accepted.  It was hard for her at first to adjust to her position when her subordinates were older than her but she proved to deserve the position given to her.  She earned not only her coworkers’ respect but also Mr. Im’s trust.

Because of this trust, some of the business proposals were referred to her at first before being reported to Mr. Im.  Then, she met Choi Minho, a young executive of the company.  He was very kind to her.  He would bring her coffee because he thought she has always no time to have a break.  He would always stop by to chat with her when they meet each other.  It wasn’t hard to fall in love with what known to many as the Flaming Charisma.    

Yuri, the book smart, hard-working girl her whole life, thought that she was given special attention.  She thought that maybe Choi Minho harbored something special for her because he was such a nice guy.  Well, that was what she thought.  Choi Minho was nice and sweet to everyone, gave away free gorgeous smiles to whoever he passes by and never forgot to drop a compliment or two to those he knew.   She only realized these things when one day, her best friend, Im Yoona, rushed to her cubicle with a wide smile and that never failing pretty face.

“I am getting married!” she said.  Yuri rejoiced with her best friend without even knowing the very lucky guy who won the most sought heart of her best friend.

“Oh my gosh!  Really?  Congratulations!  I don’t even know you have a boyfriend,” she said and hugged her precious friend.  It was a very sincere thing she could say.  The employees on the floor were gawking at them already.  They must be on in for two reasons: first, the uptight financial analyst is actually friends with Im Yoona and second, the company’s owner's daughter just announced that she was getting married.

“With Minho!  You know him, right?  He’s always talking to me about you.  You must know him,” Yoona said with a tint of blush on her cheeks. 

It was how bittersweet that moment was.  She was truly happy for her best friend but she couldn’t just celebrate when her heart was slowly torn into pieces, right?  However she was able to put up a big fake smile that her love struck friend didn’t notice.  It was the first day that Kwon Yuri hurriedly packed her things up at five and went home.  And people noticed that but didn’t say anything for they actually pity the young, hard-working and pretty Yuri.

That night, Yuri cried her heart out to Sooyoung, her lesser known best friend.  It was the first time that she had been like that.  She even cried herself to sleep on Sooyoung’s lap.  When Yuri woke up, she didn’t know what to do.  She was panicking, she didn’t know what to do if she ever bump into Yoona or Minho.  She was sure that she couldn’t bring herself to act like the other day.

“Why don’t you go somewhere far for the meantime?” Genius Sooyoung suggested.  Yuri just looked at her for a moment like she was crazy.  Didn’t this girl know that she has work to do?  “I mean, it would be embarrassing if you just bawl in your office like you did last night.”

She considered it for a moment then smiled.  Perhaps Sooyoung was right.  “Any place in mind?”

“Japan!  You could actually unwind there and rediscover yourself.  Tokyo is known to be a city that doesn’t sleep.  Why don’t you try to go see the colorful city at night?”

Just like that, Yuri found herself phoning her boss ask for a leave.  And here she was at the airport, looking hella uncomfortable with her super skinny black jeans and four-inch suede boots. 

“Are you sure that you don’t want me to come with you?” Sooyoung asked.  She volunteered to come with her but was vehemently denied.

“How am I supposed to ‘rediscover’ myself when I am with the person I grew up with?”

Sooyoung just sighed.  Her friend could really be stubborn at times.  “Fine.   But you have to call me when you need me.  I’ll fly right away to Tokyo.”

Yuri smiled.  She was so grateful for Sooyoung.  Even though she seemed to have neglected her through college because she was constantly with Yoona, Sooyoung was still always there when she needed her.

“Sure.  I know you’ll never let me down.”


 

Yunho covered his head with a hat before putting on his aviator sunglasses.  He needed to get on the plane before his manager could find him.  He must have discovered that he was gone already.  He has been working all year round already and all he wanted right then was to have some rest.  He won’t be able to rest if didn’t go out of the country without his manager knowing. 

He didn’t expect that being an actor was never easy.  He was shot to fame after his successful drama and his life was never been the same again.  People knew him.  First, he basked at his popularity but when they started to go wherever he went, there he almost regretted being famous.  But even how much he was tired of it all, he still kept going and kept putting up wide smiles for the cameras. 

He knew that it was his decision to enter the business but lately, he was just so fed up.  He had almost no life anymore and he has been working nonstop.  All he wanted was a few days off but his manager has nothing of it.  His schedule was packed for the next two months so he decided to sneak out of his apartment and went to the airport complete with his disguise. 

He looked at the earliest flight out of the country.

Seoul, Korea - Tokyo, Japan      8:15

Thirty minutes before the departure. 

He hurriedly went to the ticketing line but not without bumping into someone.

“Sorry,” the woman said casually and continued walking away.  She looked nervous and almost disoriented at the same time so the chance of him getting discovered is zero.

He smiled and looked at the retreating figure, her hair cascaded at her back beautifully.  Seeing a beautiful woman is a good omen for him.  He turned around and continued walking to the line and bought a one-way ticket to Tokyo, Japan. 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hi there, dear readers!  Thank you for subscribing!  I enjoyed writing it so I hope you, too, will enjoy reading.  Please do tell me what you think. :)