Have I Seen You Before?

Can You Protect Me?

Suzy POV

I sit down with my lunch in my hands. I feel like old times when everyone is talking at once and can't hear the other person. I'm not hungry but take a bite of the sandwich. I watch Nichkhun talk about some party they are throwing this weekend and think how I miss Taecyeon. He was always quiet. I missed his graduation and have never felt so sorry. I haven't had a conversation with him alone which I'm scared to do. He knows when I lie or something is wrong. 

'Unnie, I'm going to go to the library, okay?" I tell Fei.

"Why?" 

"I need to see if they have new books." I say which is sort of true since I love to read. I grab my tray and heading toward the trashcan when someone bumps into me and my food spills on me. I look down to see Jiyeon on the floor with tears in her eyes. I look around to see everyone staring at me, waiting for me to do something. Instead, I help her up and put my tary away and head out the doors. I hear everyone start whispering about how I acted. 

"Suzy." I turn around to see Jiyeon standing there. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

"It's okay." I say heading to my locker to get my P.E clothes out. 

"No, it's not. Come on." She grabs my arm and pulls me to I assume her locker and pulls out a couple of clothes. 

"Are you starting a mall or what?" I ask amazed at how many clothes she has. 

"No, I just have back up clothes." I shake my head as she hands me a shirt to change in. I head to the bathroom and change from a t-shirt to a blouse which is blue. I walk out of the stall and start giggling. It reminds me of when I told my mom that I hate the color blue. 

"What are you giggling about?" I jump when I see hear Jiyeon talk. 

"I thought you were still at your locker." I say. We walk out back out of the restroom to her locker. It's awkward.

"You may have helped me but I'll never forgive you for sleeping with Sehun." She says. I grab her by her arm and look into her eyes.

"You helped me just now so we are even, you don't need to be nice to me." She pushes my hand away and walks away. 

"I slept with him that's all, we slept by each other, nothing else." I yell to her. She stops and turns around. 

"Wait, what did you say?" She walks back toward me and I'm about to answer when the bell rings. "Meet me after school." 

I nod my head as people start crowding the hallway. I head to my next class when someone bumps into me.

"What is it, bump into Suzy all day." I say before I realized what I said. I can't be the old Suzy.

"Sorry didn't see you." I hear some boy say. I finally get a good look at him and I can't talk. "So are you going to keep staring at me or what?" 

"Uhh. Have I seen you before?" I ask. 

"And what if you did?" He steps closer and I feel my cheeks heat up. 

"Just wondering." I say as I head toward my class. I didn't even realize my heart was beating fast. I walk into class to see only one seat open. 

"So glad to see you, Suzy. Thought you weren't showing." The teacher says.I look to see my favorite teacher. Yeah right, she was a pain.

"Hi, Mrs Kim. How have you been?" I ask.

"Good. When I heard you were back, I couldn't believe it until I saw it." She says. "Now take a seat and try not to fall asleep." Some of the kids start giggling so do I.

It's how she has been with me since she was my math teacher in the 9th grade. She is the reason why I was always in the principal office. I look around the room and see only one chair open so I sit down next to a guy. He doesn't say anything which doesn't bother me but I look at him closely and can't figure out where I have seen him. Class goes by slowly and finally the bell rings.

"Suzy and Myungsoo, can you stay behind." I look to see everyone leave and the guy sitting next to me standing infront of the teacher. So his name is Myungsoo.

"I was wondering if you could help Suzy get caught up with us." I hear her ask Myungsoo as I approach them.

"But I have things to do." He says.

"Well one of the things can be helping her. She never was strong in math and looking at her transcripts, it appears she never got a hang of it." I felt insulted but let it slide because it was true.

"Mrs. Kim, I don't need a tutor. I can get someone else to help me like my brother's or even the unnie's." I say.

"But...." Before she could say anything Myungsoo cut her off.

"I'll help her." I look at him and make sure he doesn't say he is joking beause a couple of minutes ago, he said he was to busy.

"Good. Now Suzy, I want a good year without sending you to the principal's office, okay?"

"All of you teachers make me sound bad." I say offended.

"Well, you kind of were." I hear Myungsoo chuckle and I send him a glare.

"Well go off to your next class." I head out the door and turn around to tell him when can we meet up when I see Kai.

"Are you kidding me?" I whisper as he starts headin toward me.

"Hey, princess. How are you?" Kai says and I tense up. "Haven't seen you around in awhile."

"I..." I stutter out.

"Lay off of her, Kai. She just came back." Myungsoo says.

"Came back? Princess, you should of told me you left I would have went with you." Kai says with a smirk. "I'll see you around."

I in a breath when Kai leans closer to my ear and whispers "You think running away will stop them from killing you, your wrong." He walks away after saying that.

"Do you know him?" Myungsoo asks as I try to breath,

"Uhh not really." I say.

"So what's your next class?" I snap out of it.

"English."

"We have the same class. Since your kind of new you can follow me." I hear him say as I start to follow him to our next class.

 

Myungsoo POV

"Suzy and Myungsoo can you stay behind." I groan and wonder what she wants with me. This is the first day so I can't be in trouble already.

"I'll help her." I say. Since she hangs out with Nichkhun and Taecyeon then that means maybe she can help me out with information about the daughter. After class, she turns around and is about to say something when she freezes. She whispers under her breath.

"Hey, Princess." Princess? Some nickname. I watch as he talks to her and she is looks uncomfortable.

"Do you know him?" I ask after he leaves. She seems to be thinking about something when she finally says something.

"Uhh not really." she says. I tell her to follow me to the next class even though she probably knows where it is. I look behind me to see her head down avoiding eye contact with people. I heard the rumors of how she use to act and makes me wonder what happened for her to lose that confidence. Everyone whispers as we walk past them and I can hear a couple of girls asking why she didn't go off at lunch time. I walk into the classroom and see everyone minding their own business as we walk in. I wait for her to sit down and chose the chair next to her. 

"Suzy, are you okay?" I ask even though she is probably thinking about what Kai told her. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." She shakes her head and smiles as she says "So when do you have time to help me?" 

"Well I'm not doing anything after school." I say.

"Okay, after school then but we can go to my house if that's okay with you." 

"Yeah, but won't your parents mind." I ask cautiously. 

"No, my dad is out of town so we'll be fine." She says so casually.

"Okay, then we'll after school." She nods her head and I'm about to ask her about her mom when the teacher walks in. After class ended, I headed to the library. I start working on my homework when I see Kai and Sehun go to the back part of the library. I follow them and make sure to be quiet as I approach them from the other side of the bookshelf. 

"Kai, leave her alone." I hear Sehun say.

"Why?" Kai says. 

"Cause we don't need to have people suspecting us." 

"We won't and plus princess seems to have gotten the message." I hear something shoved into the bookshelf as it drops a couple of books out. 

"Kai, I promised her." I hear Sehun say mad. "I won't have you messing up the plan. She needs soemone to protect her and if you don't want to then that's fine, I'll do it myself but don't tell Jong-In what's going on." 

"Plan?" I whisper and head back toward where I was sitting.

"Why would Suzy need protection?" I ask myself as I sit down.

"Hey, Myungsoo." I look up to see Kai standing there.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Just checking out some books." He says.

"You read?" I say a little surprised since I have never seen him hold a book in his life.

"Yes, I read. Don't be surprised there are things that you don't know about me."

"That's true." I say. "So you know Suzy?"

"Princess? Oh, we just met here and there." Kai says as he avoids my eye contact. There is one thing I do know about Kai is when he is lying, he avoids all eye contact.

"And where's here and there." I ask.

"Parties, you know the ones you never go to." He says and I smirk.

"Well I would go but then I have to babysit people who can't handle their alcohol."

"Hey, that was one time and I never told you to babysit me." He says and I start laughing as that night replays through my head. "Shut up. I should have just ignored you when I saw you sitting here." 

"Why did you come over here?" I ask because usually we ignore each other when we see each other in public.

"I was going to ask if I could come over after school." 

"Well, I won't be there but everyone else will be." I say.

"Why? Don't you usually go home and lock yourself in you room." 

"I have to tutor Suzy." I say. I see his body tense and fists curl up. What was Suzy to him? 

"Oh well then I'll see you later." He says as he walks off. I watch him storm out of the library and that was unlike him to get worked up.

I hear the final bell ring and head toward my locker to grab the books I need. I walk out to the front and wait at the entrance to the school for Suzy. There is a highway by the school so people are leaving, entering or just driving by. I watch the cars go by when I see Suzy. She has tears in her eyes and is running. She doens't stop as she runs pass me and into the road. 

"Suzy!" A girl yells. She stops and turns around. When I look at her, she looks broken. I hear a horn beep and she moves to the middle of the road. I see from the corner of my eye a car coming fast and not slowing down. It's heading toward her. I drop my bag and run toward her. I grab her arm and pull her toward me. The car that was heading toward her skidded to a stop and then took off before I could see who was in there. 

"Suzy, are you okay?" I ask her. She is shaking and she grabs her head.

"It hurts." She says. 

"Suzy!" A girl yells again and look to see Jiyeon and three girls running toward us. 

"Suzy, are you okay?" One of the girl says. 

"Unnie, my head hurts." Suzy says grabbing her head. One of the girl pulls out her phone and calls someone.

"Suzy, I'm sorry." I hear Jiyeon say. "If I didn't yell out your name then you wouldn't have stopped and almost got hit."

A car comes up and I see Nichkhun get out with Taecyeon. Taecyeon picks her up and puts her in the car. 

"What happened?" He asks me. I look at him and he seems to not recognize me so I let out a breath.

"She was running and didn't see where she was going. A car was coming toward her at full speed and almost hit her." I say. They nod her heads and one of the girls with short hair gets into the car too. They drive off when I see Kai and Sehun coming toward us. 

"Thanks for getting Suzy out of the way. I'm Fei, by the way." She says and I nod my head.

"I'm Jia." The other girl says.

"Is Suzy okay?" Kai asks.

"She will be but it's none of your business." Jia says. "We'll thank you some how ...."

"Oh I'm Myungsoo." I say filling in the blank.

"Myungsoo? Where have I heard that name before?" Fei says. "Anyways thank you." They both leave when Jia whispers something to Kai and he winces.

"What happened?" Sehun asks. I tell him what happened and both of them look scared but I ignore it. 

"Tell me, Kai, how do you know Suzy?" I say with a stern voice.

"I...I...I can't." He says before he runs off.