three

Bite Mark

Warning: mild ual content - in my opinion it's not enough to rate the chapter, but just in case anyone feels uncomfortable easily with that stuff, I thought I'd warn you.

 

 


 Exhaustion was all Myungsoo felt when he returned from the gym. Although they had been there for a few hours Hoya had stayed when Myungsoo finally headed home. Hoya had incredible stamina, one of the reasons why he enjoyed physical activity so much. He'd go insane without releasing all his pent-up energy. So Myungsoo hadn't even bothered to argue with his hyung and simply left.

When he entered the dorm he toed off his shoes and dragged himself further into the apartment. All he wanted to do was to snuggle up to Sungyeol – which was totally out of the question, not after how he had scared him at dinner (again).

He really hated that he had so little control over himself. He was afraid that he could seriously hurt Sungyeol, more than he already had.

On his way to his room he noticed that the light was still on in Woohyun's room and he decided to talk to his hyung. Maybe Woohyun had a few comforting words for him. He walked the few steps to the door and raised his hand to knock, but the voices from inside the room made him stop.

“YAH! Kim Sungkyu,” Woohyun complained, followed by a chuckle that was definitely coming from the leader, but didn't sound like him at all. “Aish, I told you not to bite me! Not as long as Sungyeol has the ointment.”

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. Why would Sungkyu bite Woohyun? They were already mated.

“You know I can't resist your thighs,” came the playful reply of Sungkyu and Myungsoo didn't want to hear any more but he just couldn't turn around and leave, he was frozen on the spot. “And don't complain, you were totally fine with it just now during .”

“Hyung!”

“Aigoo, Woohyunnie. Stop whining, hyung will make it better. I like it better this way anyway.”

“Sure you prefer me than putting on some ointment,” grumbled Woohyun, followed by Sungkyu's laugh.

By this time Myungsoo was beet-red. That was something he definitely didn't want to know about his hyungs. No, he certainly had not wanted to know about their kinks (biting? Really?).

A moan (Woohyun, that was Woohyun and Sungkyu was making him) pulled him out of his thoughts and horrified he quickly went into his own room. He never wanted to witness anything like this again. Not ever.

But what he had just heard (not the moan, definitely not the moan) had him thinking and he remembered the conversation from their dinner. Hoya had said if he Sungyeol's wound the healing was sped up and just now Sungkyu and Woohyun had talked about it as well. So maybe it was the truth after all.

An idea popped up in his mind and he knew he really shouldn't do it, but before he realized it he had already left his room again and quietly (as quietly as possible) opened the door to another room. The first thing he smelled was Dongwoo (luckily he wasn't there anymore) and he had to bite his tongue not to growl again and risk waking up the person who occupied the room.

Sungyeol was asleep, Myungsoo knew by the steady breathing, but he could wake up with a single wrong movement of Myungsoo (Sungyeol was such a light sleeper and Myungsoo constantly worried about it, worried about Sungyeol not getting enough sleep).

Myungsoo left the door open, he didn't plan on staying. He tiptoed to the bed and carefully sat down and waited for a few minutes to make sure that Sungyeol didn't wake up from the movement. Then he carefully pulled down the loose shirt his mate was wearing (he must have changed after dinner) and with shaking fingers he reached for the pad covering the bite mark.

It was the most difficult, to remove the pad without waking Sungyeol up. Once or twice Myungsoo had to pause for a moment when Sungyeol stirred in his sleep, his eyebrows furrowing or when a groan escaped his lips, but miraculously he didn't wake up and Myungsoo successfully removed the pad.

Thanks to being a wolf Myungsoo had better eyesight in the dark than humans and he was able to make out the outlines of the bite mark. He traced them with his fingers before he leaned in and pressed a kiss against it, just a short one, he just couldn't resist. Then he tentatively flicked his tongue over the wounded flesh.

Sungyeol moaned softly in his sleep, sending a shiver down Myungsoo's spine, directly to his groin. He felt his cheeks growing hot at his own body's reaction, but it didn't stop him from the sensitive flesh again. He placed his opened mouth firmly over the wound and started to treat it properly, while his nose greedily in his mate's scent.

Myungsoo quickly had a problem, a rock-hard problem between his legs. He knew he should stop, knew he should leave this room, but he couldn't, not when he was so close to his mate, to his Sungyeol. Not when his scent was filling his nose and not with the taste of his skin on his tongue.

One of his hands started to wander. It crept under the covers and down Sungyeol's upper body towards an area (probably the only area) he had never touched before.

But this was wrong! Sungyeol was asleep and all Myungsoo had wanted to do was to take away a little of his mate's pain.

He pulled his hand back to himself and quickly pressed the pad back onto the bite mark, before hurriedly leaving the room and making his way back to his own (by now the light in Woohyun's room had been turned off, how long had Myungsoo been in Sungyeol's room?), where he only took off his clothes except his boxers and then immediately slipped into bed.

Sungyeol's scent surrounded him again and it was almost as good as being with Sungyeol himself – almost.

He remembered the pullover Sungyeol had given him and pulled it over his torso. Now he was happy (as happy as he could be without Sungyeol, that is).

Thinking about his mate Myungsoo drifted off into dreamland quickly. This night his dreams were beautiful. He dreamed of Sungyeol, of them being together. They were holding hands, cuddling and kissing. Sungyeol told him that he loved him and that he never wanted them to be apart again. And then they finally completed their mating and made love together (and yes, Myungsoo thought about it as love making, because Sungyeol deserved nothing less).

When he woke up Myungsoo was exceptionally happy. Until he noticed the uncomfortable stickiness between his legs.

He heard the door open and someone walking in.

“Argh, I knew I should have sent Woohyun to wake you up,” Sungkyu groaned out a moment later. “I really didn't want to know that you had a wet dream. It smells awful in here.”

Embarrassment rolled over Myungsoo, but then he remembered something.

“You are one to talk,” he mumbled his reply.

“What was that?” Sungkyu asked.

“As much as you didn't want to know that, I didn't want to know about your kinks, but here we are.”

“, you heard us?” Sungkyu wanted to know, panic obvious in his voice and Myungsoo saw a blush creeping onto his hyung's cheeks.

“Yeah,” he admitted and Sungkyu cursed some more.

“Woohyun is going to kill me, I'm so screwed,” he rambled, before he slowly made his way towards Myungsoo's bed and knelt down before him. “Hey, let's just forget about what we both witnessed, okay? I won't tell anyone that you came into Sungyeol's bed sheets and you pretend you never heard anything, especially in front of Woohyun. Deal?”

Only then it hit Myungsoo. He didn't only have a wet dream, but he had a wet dream while he was sleeping in Sungyeol's bed sheets! He was screwed if Sungyeol found out.. he was going to kill him.

“DEAL!”

“No need to scream.” Sungkyu chuckled and ruffled Myungsoo's hair before standing up and walking towards the door. “Get up and take a shower, we leave in about an hour.”

Although Myungsoo usually would just turn around and sleep for another half hour or so until one of the others came to wake him up once more, today he actually got out of bed. The stickiness was uncomfortable and he didn't want anyone else to see (or smell) him like this. If he was lucky, Sungkyu would give him a few minutes to get rid of the evidence before he woke up the others (or Sungjong, Woohyun was probably already awake and Sungyeol didn't need to go to the schedule).

He quickly slipped out of his dirty clothes, grabbed them and the bed sheets and went to the washing machine (and yes, he was indeed , nothing the other guys hadn't seen already), tossed it all inside and turned it on.

Then he made his way to the bathroom he and Sungyeol shared and passed by Sungjong and Woohyun's bathroom. He heard the shower, but otherwise it was quiet. A little too quiet.

“Really?” he asked himself, thoughts of Woohyun and Sungkyu together in the shower floating around in his mind. But as soon as he stepped under the shower himself, these thoughts morphed into quite the lively fantasy of him and Sungyeol and he felt himself slowly growing hard at the glorious images of a Sungyeol in his mind.

Shower was definitely something he wanted to try with his mate (once they were at that point in their relationship). But for now his imagination and own hands had to be enough.

He heard the door of the bathroom opening, probably Sungjong who had to use Sungyeol and his bathroom because the hyungs were doing naughty things in the other (not that he was one to talk right now).

Myungsoo bit down on one of his hands to prevent his moans from escaping his lips, his other hand had stopped its movement momentarily, waiting what was going to happen next.

“Is Woohyun-hyung blocking your bathroom again, Jongie?”

Myungsoo almost had a heart attack, when he recognized Sungyeol's voice and a strangled noise was heard despite the hand on his mouth. That was it, Sungyeol surely now knew that it wasn't Sungjong in the shower but him.

“Annoyed again, I see,” Sungyeol mused. “I'd be too. How many times did you have to use our shower this month already? Probably too many times to count.”

Myungsoo didn't reply. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't. He had unconsciously started to pleasure himself again. Even Sungyeol's voice was such a turn-on after his dream, that he just couldn't help himself. He wasn't even bothered by the sound of Sungyeol taking a piss, he was too excited by his mate's presence to care.

“I'm annoyed as well. I'm annoyed that I woke up so early although I could have slept in, but that's not the main reason. Actually it seems like I've been constantly annoyed ever since that stupid puppy couldn't keep his fangs to himself.”

Myungsoo's heart sank at his best friend's words. All dirty thoughts vanished in an instant. Sungyeol was talking about him, he was that stupid puppy. Sungyeol had called him stupid. And apparently he still only saw him as a puppy. But that was not what he was. At least not anymore. Ever since he had mated Sungyeol he felt so much more mature. Obviously Sungyeol thought otherwise.

“You remember the whole thing? You won't believe what happened last night!” exclaimed Sungyeol. “Dongwoo came into my room and we talked. He is still such a cuddly little pup, I just can't stay mad at him and he is actually the only wolf I'm not scared of at the moment. We talked and cuddled and I felt better, I actually was able to fall asleep quite easily after he left.”

Myungsoo heard the toilet flush and the faucet being and off. However Sungyeol didn't leave and continued chatting although he didn't receive any reply.

“But then I woke up again in the middle of the night and guess what woke me up! Kim ing Myungsoo my shoulder! Can you believe that? He actually me! In my sleep!”

A few strangled noises reached Myungsoo's ears, telling him that Sungyeol had lost his words and was gesticulating wildly instead.

“You still didn't hear the worst part, though!” Sungyeol continued after a few moments. “I liked it. I freaking liked it!

Myungsoo gasped in surprise and his thoughts went back to when Sungyeol had moaned in his sleep – supposedly. Sungyeol had been awake? That was so embarrassing. But he had liked it. Sungyeol had liked it when Myungsoo had caressed their mark with his tongue.

“Sungjong? Are you okay?” Sungyeol asked. “I really could need some of your infinite wisdom! Yah! Lee Sungjong!”

“What?”

It was like in a movie. Myungsoo could imagine Sungyeol's shocked face all too well when the person he thought he had talked to the whole time stepped into the bathroom.

“W-what are you d-doing t-there?” Sungyeol spluttered out.

“Well, hyungs are occupying our bathroom, so I hoped I could take a shower here instead.”

“B-but...”

And of course Myungsoo's body chose this exact moment to let out one of his embarrassing whimpers. It went deadly silent in the room except for the sound of the running water.

“Okay, is someone going to tell me what's going on? And why the hell is Myungsoo-hyung awake already?” complained Sungjong, obviously having no clue about what was going on.

A moment later Myungsoo heard the door slam closed and he knew that Sungyeol had ran away once more.

With a sigh he turned off the shower and as if on cue Sungjong pulled back the curtain and offered him a towel which Myungsoo took. He tried to muster up a grateful smile for the younger boy, but by the snort he got in response, he knew he failed miserably.

“He thought I was you,” Myungsoo explained when he dried his hair, able to hide his face in the towel.

Sungjong sighed in exasperation. “I'm so fed up with all of you guys. Now get your sorry out of the shower.”

Myungsoo wasn't even upset about the way Sungjong talked to him, he just cared about Sungyeol. His mate's words were echoing in his mind.

I liked it. I freaking liked it.

He was torn between being delighted by these words or being devastated that his mate once more had ran away from him. This was going to be a long day and he really regretted not just staying in bed.

But he didn't, he couldn't and so he acted like the good idol he was, got ready in time and headed out with the rest of the boys (who were allowed to attend their schedules, Myungsoo was all too aware that his mate wasn't with him).

Before they had left the dorm, Woohyun had fetched the shirt Sungyeol had worn the past night and thrown it at Myungsoo to survive the day. He had safely stored it in his bag and whenever he could, he would take it out and take a sniff. Sungyeol's smell was just too comforting and it gave him enough strength to survive their schedules.

Doing their schedules without one member was always exhausting and just didn't feel right, but for Myungsoo it now was physically painful to attend schedules without his mate. But thanks to the shirt he was able to cope. And then he got the news.

“I just talked to the CEO,” Hyoan told Myungsoo after their last public schedule, right before they hit the dance studio for practice. “You are going to Japan for two weeks.”

Myungsoo was only able to stare at his manager.

“I know it's going to be hard and that it is the last thing you want to do right now, being apart from Sungyeol. And I tried to get you out of it, but you have to go.”

“W-when?” Myungsoo stuttered out. Although he was still in shock, he knew that he had no choice, no say in it. “W-why?”

“In two days. You have to film a few scenes for some sort of tourism movie, or something. It's practically a filmed vacation.”

“No, it's torture!” Myungsoo complained and his whole form slumped. “Can't Sungyeol come with me?”

“I wish he could,” mumbled Hyoan and placed a comforting hand on Myungsoo's shoulder. “I'm sorry, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo just nodded, what could he do anyways? Throwing a tantrum (what he really wanted to do right now) would probably only make everything worse (like not being able to see Sungyeol even longer, because that would be the worst punishment ever).

“I understand,” he replied sadly and left his manager standing to join the others at practice. But his mind wasn't at it. He was thinking about Sungyeol and how he was going to react when Myungsoo told him that he had to leave for Japan. For Myungsoo it felt like he was going to die, but would Sungyeol feel the same way? Probably not. Most likely he was going to be happy to be rid of Myungsoo for such a long time. After all Myungsoo only made him uncomfortable and scared the hell out of him continuously.

He didn't even notice Sungkyu scolding him. He didn't notice that at some point one of the guys pushed him to sit down at the side of the room and they practiced without him.

On the ride back home they were all silent, exhausted from their practice. Not that Myungsoo had noticed. His band mates could be screaming right into his ears, he wouldn't notice. No, he was simply staring out of the window and thinking about how to break the news to Sungyeol. Especially after what had happened this morning. Would Sungyeol even listen to him? He needed something to ensure that Sungyeol was going to listen to him.

Just then something outside caught his eye.

“Stop!” he almost screamed and nearly gave everyone in the van a heart attack.

“What's wrong?” asked Hyoan from the front seat, but he pulled the car over and came to a stop at the sidewalk.

“Sungyeol,” was all that Myungsoo said, before opening the door and slipping out of the van, ignoring the shocked gasps of the others.

He knew that Hyoan was probably hot on his heels, but he didn't care. He was on a mission.

As quickly as possible Myungsoo walked over to the bakery he had discovered a few moments before. He politely greeted the lady behind the counter and then looked around.

Myungsoo wanted to get something Sungyeol just couldn't refuse. Something that wasn't too fancy, he didn't want to appear (too) desperate, but still something that showed that Myungsoo cared about his mate and thought about him.

It didn't take him long to find something and he immediately payed and bid his farewell. He didn't want the others to have to wait for him for too long. They were all tired and wanted to go home. Just like him. He couldn't wait to get home to Sungyeol.

Against his expectations Hyoan hadn't followed him, nor did he get scolded when he got back into the van. They just continued on their way as if nothing had happened, with the only exception that Myungsoo now was clutching onto a small bag with the emblem of the bakery on it.

When they arrived at home Myungsoo was heading to the dorm he shared with the three humans. The rest headed to the other dorm for whatever reason. Something about cuddling with the big, bad wolf (Woohyun) and wanting to play the new video game Dongwoo had bought the other day (Sungjong), but it all came together to giving Myungsoo and Sungyeol privacy.

So they already knew that Myungsoo had to go to Japan. Now he only had to tell his mate.

As soon as he opened the door to their apartment he heard music coming from the living room. Myungsoo was only glad that they lived in one of the few soundproof apartments or otherwise some neighbors surely would complain about the high volume (if Myungsoo weren't used to loud music thanks to their concerts, his sensitive ears were hurting as hell). He was thankful, though. The loud music would keep his arrival a surprise and Sungyeol had less of a chance to escape before Myungsoo could talk to him.

Sungyeol was lying on the floor on his side with Myungsoo's bamboo pillow (never had he hated it before, but now he did, he wanted to be in its place) between his arms and legs, he was facing in Myungsoo's direction, but his eyes were closed (and he looked so adorable). Was he asleep?

Myungsoo tiptoed over and crouched down in front of his mate. Carefully he brushed a few strands of hair out of Sungyeol's face and then caressed his cheek with his thumb. Myungsoo's heart was racing in his chest as he felt the warmth of the soft skin of his Sungyeol.

Of course even this tiny touch was able to rouse Sungyeol from his sleep and he slowly blinked his eyes open and squinted them at Myungsoo to see him better.

“Soo?” he asked sleepily and it took all of Myungsoo's willpower not to start squealing at the cuteness, not to die of happiness because Sungyeol called him the way he had called him before their mating.

“Hey, I'm home,” he whispered.

“I see that,” Sungyeol replied chuckling and then closed his eyes again. “Let me sleep some more.”

“Sure.” How could Myungsoo ever refuse one of Sungyeol's wishes? He couldn't. He also couldn't stop caressing Sungyeol's cheek. After being separated from him for so long, he just couldn't resist the urge to touch his mate (at least he was strong enough not to shower him with kisses, like he wanted to do).

Out of nowhere Sungyeol started to scratch his neck, again and again. A soft whine escaped his lips, before he started to scratch again the spot that Myungsoo recognized as the one where he had marked Sungyeol as his.

“It's itchy,” Sungyeol complained with his eyes still closed. “Make it stop.”

“How?” Myungsoo asked, his voice shaky. He had an idea how to make it stop itching, but that certainly wasn't what Sungyeol had in mind.

“ it better.” Or it was.

“W-what?”

Sungyeol grumbled and scratched harder and Myungsoo had to grab his hand to stop him, not that he scratched the mark open again. “Please, Soo, it's itchy!!”

And he was back to not being able to refuse Sungyeol's wishes (although he knew that it was a really, really bad idea, Sungyeol wasn't in his right mind, he was half asleep and Myungsoo really shouldn't, but he was weak when it came to Sungyeol). He placed the bag from the bakery aside and with his now free hand he pulled off the pad covering the wound. To his surprise it looked a lot better than the last time he had seen it. So his saliva actually had helped.

“Myungsoo, please,” Sungyeol begged once more and Myungsoo quickly leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on the bite mark (just like he had the previous night) and then started to it. Sungyeol sighed contentedly and Myungsoo knew that the itching was gone, but he couldn't stop. This felt so right, this felt so perfect.

Myungsoo didn't know how much time had passed while they were like this, Sungyeol under him, Myungsoo his mate's mark. Had it been hours already or mere seconds? It didn't matter, it wasn't enough when Sungyeol suddenly pushed him away, shot up straight and stared at Myungsoo with wide eyes.

“Yeol?” Myungsoo asked tentatively, knowing that he was going to be rejected again.

“You need to stop doing that!” Sungyeol snapped at him and it confused Myungsoo (what exactly was he supposed to stop? There were so many possible things). Sungyeol sighed. “I know you have no bad intentions, but you need to stop doing things when I can't defend myself. I'm not comfortable with it.”

“Sorry,” replied Myungsoo sheepishly. “I try, but I just can't help myself. You are my mate.”

“And you apparently are mine, but do I come into your room at night like a creeper or just keep touching you while you take a nap? By the way, I noticed more than your tongue on my neck last night.”

Myungsoo would lie saying his heart didn't skip several beats when he heard the tiny word mine spill from Sungyeol's lips and it made him incredibly happy despite the talk they were having.

“You could, if you wanted to. I wouldn't mind! Not at all!” Myungsoo eagerly told his mate (purposely avoiding talking about the past night, that was so embarrassing) and Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

“Because you are a er for physical attention. But that's you, not me. And it's been me who was almost killed by his best friend-”

Myungsoo's gasp interrupted Sungyeol. “Is that what you think? That I tried to kill you?”

His heart was breaking. His Sungyeol, his mate, his one and only love thought he had tried to kill him.

“Yes! No! I don't know, okay. I don't ing know anything. All I know is that I'm scared and confused. But I get no time to sort everything out because you always do something and it throws me back into the pit I just tried to crawl out of.”

Myungsoo looked away. He felt tears prickle in his eyes and he didn't want Sungyeol to see. If there was a perfect time to drop the bomb on Sungyeol, it was now. It couldn't get much worse and Myungsoo believed that these news may actually make his mate happy.

“You'll get your time to think over everything properly,” he mumbled and he had to swallow hard before he could continue, he felt like he was suffocating. “I'm leaving for Japan in two days. I'll be gone for two weeks.”

Before Sungyeol could react (he didn't want to see the relieved smile on his mate's face), Myungsoo got to his feet and left the living room and hid himself in his bed (that miraculously once more had bed sheets on it that were smelling like Sungyeol). He pressed his head into his pillow and started to sob.

 

*

 

Sungyeol stared at the spot where Myungsoo had disappeared. He was shocked. Myungsoo was leaving? For two weeks?

He may didn't want to admit it, but he had felt incredibly lonely the whole day. Therefore the thought of not having his best friend around him for two weeks even if they weren't on the best terms at the moment, that was one scary thought.

When he finally looked away, his gaze landed on a small paper bag he hadn't noticed before. Myungsoo must have left it there. Something told him that it was for him and he hesitantly grabbed it and looked inside. It was a muffin, a really delicious looking muffin.

Sungyeol felt touched by Myungsoo's gesture and then he felt bad. Myungsoo was trying, he was really trying. But what did Sungyeol? He kept pushing him away. Sure, he was afraid of what Myungsoo could do, but how could he ever get over it when he kept pushing his best friend and now mate away? It would only make everything worse, it would make Myungsoo suffer and he didn't want that. He never wanted Myungsoo to suffer because of him.

He swore to himself, that as soon as Myungsoo came back from Japan, he'd be nicer to him, let him get close, let him have (almost) all the skinship he wanted. Yes, that's what he was going to do. In the two weeks Myungsoo was gone, Sungyeol would get over his issues.

“Hey, little muffin,” Sungyeol spoke into the bag. “You are mine and I'm gonna eat you.”

 

The next two days went by quickly, even for Sungyeol who still wasn't allowed to attend their schedules. He was busy preparing for Myungsoo's departure. He was wearing as many clothes as possible (which wasn't much in only two days, so he practically emptied his closet onto his bed and slept on all of his clothes and even on some of Myungsoo's), for Myungsoo to take them with him, so that he wouldn't get sick being apart from his mate for so long. Furthermore he took stupid pictures and videos of himself with the camera he knew Myungsoo was going to take with him, so he had something to look at when he missed his mate. He even prepared a few things for Myungsoo to eat (they wouldn't last long, but Woohyun as well thought it was a great idea).

It was like one second Sungyeol had been sitting in the living room, eating this wonderful muffin and in the next he was on his way to the airport with Myungsoo. Everyone thought it necessary that they stayed together for as long as possible.

Sungyeol actually allowed Myungsoo to sit next to him during the car ride and didn't push his head away, when Myungsoo fell asleep and it landed on Sungyeol's shoulder.

When they finally arrived, it was time to say goodbye. The airport was too crowded for Sungyeol to accompany Myungsoo any further, but that was okay. Sungyeol just wanted to get it over with. He hated goodbyes, especially when he was parting with his family and closest friends. That it was still weird between them didn't help either.

“We'll be waiting outside and give you a few minutes,” Hyoan, who was going to accompany Myungsoo to Japan, spoke and he and the other manager who'd be driving Sungyeol back to the dorm, got out of the car.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol sat in awkward silence for a moment, before Sungyeol cleared his throat and reached for his backpack (Myungsoo had looked at him weirdly, when he had taken it with him, because he wasn't the one leaving). He pulled out a small gift and handed it to Myungsoo who took it with a confused look.

“So you won't forget me,” Sungeol spoke meekly and he felt so embarrassed. “Just a little something, nothing special. But don't you dare open it until you are on the plane!”

By the grin on Myungsoo's face Sungyeol was able to tell that the younger didn't care what it was, that he was happy that Sungyeol got him something at all.

“Ready to go?” Sungyeol asked in an attempt to get over his embarrassment.

“No,” replied Myungsoo childishly and threw himself at Sungyeol without warning, making Sungyeol flinch, but neither of them pulled away. They just hugged each other, drawing out their departure.

“I'm going to miss you terribly,” Myungsoo mumbled against the crook of Sungyeol's neck and a shiver ran down the older boy's spine.

“I know.” Sungyeol wanted to tell Myungsoo that he was going to miss him as well, but he knew that it would make it harder on the younger to actually leave.

“I wish, you could come with me.”

“I know. But it's only two weeks and you have a whole suitcase full of my stuff. You are going to survive.”

“But it's not the same,” Myungsoo complained. “Promise me that you'll take my calls and reply to my text messages?”

Sungyeol chuckled at Myungsoo's clingy behavior. “Well, I certainly hope that I'll be able to perform again in the next few days, so all I can promise is that I try, okay?”

He didn't have to see Myungsoo to know that he was pouting.

“Soo, it's only two weeks. We were separated for longer than that.”

“It's two weeks! Two minutes without you are too much, how am I supposed to survive two whole weeks?!”

Okay, that was enough. Sungyeol pulled away and whacked Myungsoo on the head.

“Bad puppy!” he scolded teasingly. “Stop whining. You'll be back in no time.”

“What's that?” Myungsoo asked, ignoring Sungyeol's words and instead staring at Sungyeol's wrist. “Is it new? Can I see it?”

Sungyeol quickly hid the bracelet he was wearing.

“No. Now go.”

Myungsoo tried to convince Sungyeol otherwise by pouting again, but just in that moment the managers knocked on the door, signaling it was time for Myungsoo to leave.

“See you in two weeks, Soo,” Sungyeol said with a small smile. Myungsoo nodded and stared at Sungyeol for a moment, before unexpectedly leaning in and pressing his lips against Sungyeol's.

“I miss you,” he said and quickly opened the door and jumped out the car, before Sungyeol could whack him again.

The managers got all the luggage out of the van and then Hyoan and Myungsoo were gone.

Sungyeol barely noticed the other manager slipping into the driver's seat, starting the engine and driving them back towards Seoul.

His heart was pounding like crazy and he was thinking that he had lost his mind, especially when he looked down on his wrist with the bracelet and a stupid smile spread on his face when he imagined the expression Myungsoo was going to make once he saw what was inside the present.

Slowly he lifted his hand up to his mouth and traced his lips with his fingertips. His lips were still tingling and his mind felt fuzzy and weird, but at the same time he was really happy. Yes, he definitely had lost his mind.

“Why are you smiling like an idiot? Shouldn't you be sad or something?” the manager asked and watched him through the rear-view mirror.

“And shouldn't you be watching the street?” Sungyeol retorted, earning an amused chuckle from the older man, but it was effective. His manager didn't further question him.

But now that the manager had said it, Sungyeol actually did feel a little sad. Which was completely stupid, because Myungsoo had just left and Sungyeol had no reason to miss him already. He wasn't the werewolf who was going to die after being separated from his mate for too long.

Sungyeol started to fiddle with his bracelet. He still wasn't used to it, it felt foreign, although he actually liked to wear bracelets these days. Maybe it was the meaning the bracelet held. To everyone else it would probably look like a common black leather bracelet. But it was so much more.

His phone vibrated and Sungyeol fished it out of his pocket. He already knew who it was. And just as thought when he unlocked it he saw that he had received a text message from Myungsoo. He opened his messenger app and he had to smile when he saw the picture Myungsoo had sent him. His best friend was brightly smiling at the camera, proudly presenting his new black leather bracelet.

I'll wear it everyday. Going to take off now. I miss you already~ Wait for me!!^^

Sungyeol snorted at Myungsoo's cheesy message, but it still made his heart jump in happiness.

He quickly typed a reply, although he knew that Myungsoo wouldn't get it until he landed in Japan. However he also knew if he didn't, Myungsoo would probably take the next flight back home and demand an explanation.

If you are a good boy, I'll get you the matching tag next time ㅋㅋㅋ

He looked at the picture again, his best friend looked so genuinely happy and if Sungyeol did have any doubt about their couple bracelets (couple bracelets!!!) before, he now knew that he had made the right decision. Sungyeol saved the picture on his phone and unconsciously set it as his new wallpaper.

Two weeks. Sungyeol had two weeks to come to terms with what he was feeling, to get over his fear. Two short weeks.

Sungyeol had no idea that these supposedly short weeks turned into the longest two weeks of his life.

When he returned to the dorm, he felt relieved. No Myungsoo to make their situation worse, no Myungsoo he would hurt by shying away. He was free. However the relief and the sense of freedom didn't last long. Not even halfway through the first night.

Myungsoo had called him when he had arrived in Japan. He had sent him a short message when he was in his hotel room and called once more before he went to bed that night. The call was definitely soothing Myungsoo, but it had the opposite effect on Sungyeol. He suddenly started to miss his best friend badly.

Unable to sleep Sungyeol was tossing and turning in his bed for hours. At some point he took his phone into his hand and stared at his wallpaper. Weirdly it had a calming effect on him to see Myungsoo's smile. A minute later he was fast asleep.

When he woke up the next morning he felt weird, empty. He had the feeling, something had been taken from him, something was missing, but he didn't know what (or maybe he did and just didn't want to admit it). He was actually thankful that he didn't have to participate in the day's activities, he didn't feel like even leaving his bed. He just wanted to stay in bed all day and do nothing (but waiting). And he did. At least until sometime that afternoon, because he was bored to death and starving.

Sungyeol got himself something to eat. When he wanted to return to his room, he found himself in front of Myungsoo's instead, his hand on the doorknob already.

“Idiot,” he scolded himself and turned around, this time really going back and thinking of something to do. He ended up looking at his phone every few seconds waiting for a message of Myungsoo who had sent him a good morning text but ever since hadn't messaged or called him once. Not that Sungyeol needed him to. He simply was bored and didn't know what else to do (yeah, right). But not that he'd write his best friend first, no, he didn't need Myungsoo's attention, it'd be nice, but he didn't need it (not at all).

“Urgh, stupid Myungsoo,” he groaned into his pillow and flailed around.

This couldn't go on like this. He needed to do something. Anything, really, to distract himself. He'd have to have a talk with Sungkyu and the managers, he had to resume his activities or he'd go insane from doing nothing for too long.

To be honest, it was nice to have one or two free days in a while and they all usually spent them catching up on sleep. But as soon as he had a little more free time, especially when he wasn't allowed to leave the dorms, Sungyeol didn't know what to do with himself. He just had no clue what he used to do before he became an idol. They were always so busy, when he suddenly had days off he just didn't know how to keep himself busy, because he wasn't used to it anymore.

He hoped, that the others returned soon so he could talk to them. But in the meantime he somehow had to distract himself from the boredom (and from Myungsoo). He decided to watch stupid videos on his laptop, but instead ended up watching videos of INFINITE. He obviously missed the group (Myungsoo) more than he had thought.

He was watching one of their variety shows and laughing his off at the stupidity of the others (especially Myungsoo's) when he heard the others enter the dorm. However he had already forgotten what he had planned and just stayed in his room, until Woohyun stuck his head through the door.

“We're back and we brought food,” he greeted.

“Cool! Did Myungsoo pick out something for me?” Sungyeol replied and only really understood what he had said when it was already out. Damn.

He didn't dare to look at his friend, but he knew that the other must be eyeing him weirdly.

“Are you okay?” Woohyun asked, worry lacing his voice, which was definitely not what Sungyeol had expected.

“Sure. Must be habit I guess,” chirped Sungyeol happily, though he was dying inside of embarrassment. “I'll be out in a second.”

He heard the door being closed and released a sigh. Why did this have to happen to him? And in front of Woohyun no less. He'd surely make fun of him for it for the rest of their lives. He was just glad that Sungjong hadn't witnessed it as well. That would have been even worse.

Sungyeol got surprised again though, when he entered the living room. Woohyun wasn't making fun of him as expected, he just sat at the table next to Sungkyu (did he ever go to his own dorm these days?) and looked deep in thought. Sungjong was no where to be seen.

“Sungyeol, come here,” Sungkyu called him over and Sungyeol did as he was told and sat down next to the leader. “How's your shoulder?”

“Ah, I actually wanted to talk to you and the managers about it. It's almost gone.”

“Really?!” Sungkyu asked with an eyebrow raised. “Let me see.”

Sungyeol nodded and pulled his sweater down a little to show his bite mark to the leader. It had been healing incredibly fast since Myungsoo had it and now he didn't even need a pad anymore.

He proudly showed it to the others (Woohyun was watching intently with curious eyes and it kinda freaked Sungyeol out).

“See! Barely visible anymore.”

The other two gaped at him with open mouths in obvious disbelief.

“How is that possible?” Sungkyu mumbled and leaned in to inspect it closer, making Sungyeol somehow uncomfortable. He didn't know why, he just had the feeling that Sungkyu shouldn't be so close to him. But it got even worse when Sungkyu reached out and touched the mark with his fingers.

Sungyeol acted on instinct and pushed Sungkyu away with a panicked shriek and immediately covered his bite mark with his own hand.

“Oh ,” Woohyun said. “I was right, wasn't I?”

“It seems so,” Sungkyu replied thoughtfully, staring at Sungyeol, but he didn't appear to be shocked at all. He rather looked as if he had pretty much expected Sungyeol's reaction.

“What? What are you talking about?” Sungyeol didn't like the way the other two were looking at him, nor how they seemed to know something he didn't. “Tell me!”

“You miss Myungsoo, don't you.” Sungkyu didn't ask, it was a statement and Sungyeol didn't like the implication in it at all.

“Of course I do. He is my best friend,” he grumpily replied and crossed his arms in front of him. It only resulted in Woohyun rolling his eyes at him and Sungkyu pulling a dissatisfied face.

“You know as well as I do that this is not what I meant.”

“I'm fine,” he snapped at his leader, who only exchanged a meaningful look with Woohyun, which annoyed Sungyeol even more.

“Let's eat, before the food gets cold.” Woohyun smiled at Sungyeol and got up to get the food from the kitchen. With that they dropped the subject for the rest of the day, but Sungyeol had the feeling, that they were watching him attentively and he called it an early night just to get away from them (and maybe because he was a tiny bit jealous that they had someone to cuddle).

Sungkyu dropped by before he went to sleep to tell Sungyeol that he had spoken to the managers and Sungyeol was allowed to join the rest of the group for their schedules from the next day on. It lifted Sungyeol's mood and it got even better when Myungsoo finally messaged and soon after called him, as he saw that Sungyeol was still awake (Sungyeol may had replied instantly).

Everything was okay again.

 


HAPPY NAMU DAY! (/^-^)/~~~<3

Finally I was able to post the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. Comments are loved and thanks for all the support so far~~