Final

Winter's Night

Tiffany P.O.V.

I shivered while shifting around under the covers, the blankets leaving me unsatisfied. I reminisced about our summer comeback and could hear the frigid wind howling between the trees outside.

    Lemon soju, tequila for me, mojito for you…

    I chanted the lyrics in my head, hoping some sort of placebo effect would take place and my body would warm up. The winter was brutal and the emptiness in my bed only made me feel more numb. I knew that Sunny loved to cuddle during these cold and lonely nights, but sadly she was sleeping over Yoona’s. My thoughts wandered to my other housemate and best friend of 10+ years… but I figured that she was already fast asleep. As my body convulsed from the freezing bedroom air, I decided to text Taeyeon to see if she’s awake.

    Tiffany: hey, u still up?

    Taeyeon: yeah. cant sleep?

    Tiffany: no.. can u come in here?

    Instead of texting me back, I heard the apartment’s floorboards creak along with scuttled footsteps. Light slowly filled my bedroom as I saw her head peeking through the doorway.

    “Hiiiii…”

    “C’mere, Taeyeon-ah.”

    She crawled into the bed, opposite of me and the moment her body hit the mattress I was enveloped with warmth and comfort. As she was adjusting the blankets on top of her, I wrapped my arms around her thin waist and buried my head in her short, blonde hair, my breath hitting the nape of her neck. “Why does winter have to be so cold, Taetae…” I murmured.

    “Would you rather want the ice caps to melt and the polar bears to have no home,” she giggled.

    “Noooo…” I whimpered, “I just wish we could turn the thermostat up…”

    “Maybe if you spent less on clothes and more on bills, then we could,” she snickered.

    “Nah, I’d rather just cuddle with you,” I smiled and gripped onto her tighter. A small sigh escaped her lips as she snuggled deeper into my embrace. It’s funny how whenever I do this with Sunny I don’t feel this buzzing sensation. This feeling of lightheadedness. This feeling of discomfort, yet at the same time feeling that everything’s the way it should be. That this is perfect. That I never want this to end. All of my worries about being an idol seem to disappear when I’m holding Taeyeon so intimately, which in turn, worries me. All I can think about is how cute Taeyeon is, how she’s the perfect girl, and how Baekhyun was (thank goodness it’s was) the luckiest guy in the world. I found it a bit odd how when Nichkhun and I broke up, I felt no sadness. I just felt… relieved. I felt that I should stay single. Or maybe the one is right in front of me. The one I desire and the one I’m supposed to be with. These thoughts can’t help but intrude my mind when I’m holding Taeyeon.

    As these thoughts clouded my mind, I started acting irrationally. I could smell that Taeyeon had recently taken a shower, her fresh scent with a hint of vanilla making me feel fuzzy inside. I almost wanted to cry over how ethereal she is. A goddess with a perfect voice… endless compliments popped up in my head. Dazed, I pressed a few kisses onto the back of her neck, making her squeak in befuddlement.

    “A-are you okay, Fany-ah?” I inhaled her scent and kissed her neck more, and then shook my head.

    “No… I’m not okay, Taeyeon.”

    “Do you want to talk about it?” she tried shifting her body to face me, but then froze in place.

    “I’m crazy about you. I-I think I like you, Taeyeon-ah… I mean romantically.” After a silent 30 seconds she slowly turned to me, in the moonlight I could see her wide, surprised eyes. They soon relaxed, though, and her expression softened. I don’t know how I managed to hold eye contact for as long as I did, since it seemed like her eyes were sending me a love letter. All I could hear were the gusts of wind, the erratic beating of my heart, and the steady breaths from Taeyeon’s nose. Finally, she spoke up.

    “I like you too, Fany-ah. I’ve liked you for a very long time… too long in fact.” I gasped in surprise.

    “S-since when?”

    “Since our trainee days. Though, I was content with just staying as friends. We’re so close as it is, I already felt as if we were lovers…” My thought process slowed down, and it seemed like time itself stopped when I heard that she had liked me for over 10 years. Although I was immensely happy about my feelings being returned, my heart broke at the thought of missing out on 10 years worth of kisses. I was overcome with emotion and gently pressed my lips to hers, clinging on to the back of her shoulders under her arms. She immediately responded and tilted her head, her soft breaths tickling my lips. Our legs intertwined as we tried to get as close to each other as possible, infinitely heating up the bitter winter night. She was resting her hands on my flat stomach, and then slipped one inside my shirt and traced my abdomen with her frozen fingers. Gasps and sighs filled the room, replacing the air with pure, raw heat. When I felt oxygen was running low, I slightly pulled back with my eyes closed, resting my forehead upon hers.

            “Let’s be girlfriends, Taeyeon-ah. I don’t think I could go one day without kissing those lips.” She chuckled while smoothing out my slightly rustled hair.

“Aigoo… but we’re idols. We often don’t see each other for days at a time,” she pecked my lips softly, “but I’ll have to take you up on that girlfriend offer.”

“Well, when you’re not here I have Prince to do the job.”

“Eww no! I don’t want that dog smooching my Fany’s lips!” I laughed and slightly blushed at Taeyeon saying ‘my Fany.’

I’m hers… finally.

After languidly making out for what felt like an eternity, sleepiness crept into my body and I was slipping in and out of consciousness.

“I wanna sleep Taeyeon-ah. Goodnight… you’ve made me the happiest girl in the world today.”

“I could say the same exact thing. Goodnight, baby.”

Yeah… I could get used to being her girlfriend.

I grinned, my head falling into the crook of her neck. I could feel that we were holding onto each other tightly as I dozed off into the warm winter night. Good dreams were had.

 


A/N: A short lil fellow. Also I would love to cuddle with Taeyeon… or Tiffany… or any SNSD member for that matter.