Come With Me

Come With Me

Come with me (One Shot)

- By Min Jing-

 

 

 

The school bell rang and that signaled the start of the next lesson for the day. You sighed as its one of the subjects you disliked the most; physical education, P.E for short. You grabbed your sports wear and headed to the changing room.

 

“Hey I heard we’re gonna run 2.4km today,” said one of the girls in your class. 

 

You groaned at the thought of running early in the morning around the field, right before break time. 

 

“I’ll beat you to it this time, Jungkook, watch out!” laughed Jae Sung, Jungkook’s best friend. 

 

The two boys were always trying to beat each other’s timing and record in sports. They were competitive but in a friendly manner. As the duo walked past you and you locked eyes with Jungkook, your cheeks started to burn quickly. It has been 3 years since Jungkook and you were classmates and neighbours. This strong, talented and handsome boy was no doubt the heartthrob in this campus and you were of course one of the many crushes he had in school. 

 

Your instructor blew the whistle and everyone started running. You decided to keep a slow steady pace while some of your friends sprinted ahead of you easily. 

 

Just keep it at this pace, that’s right, you’ll reach the end in no time, you thought as you’re 8 minutes into the run.

 

“Hey, I see you’re doing better this time round. Keep it up!” Jungkook caught up and jogged beside you before quickening his pace after that short compliment. He was already at his last round. Damn he is so fast. Taking a deep breath, you increased your speed to catch up with the others.

 

“13.02mins....... 13.04mins....... Ah Fede your timing has improved,” smiled your instructor at the finishing line. 

 

“Thanks,” was all you could say. Your face was red and all you needed was water and a bench to rest on.

 

A hand holding a bottle of iced water shot up in your face. Jungkook was offering you water. And a towel. He was smiling. That cheeky smile on his face made your ears burn. He teased you over how you looked like a tomato and you casually slapped his arm. He laughed even louder.

 

 

“You know, today was rather impressive for someone who barely passed the previous time. But if you wanna further improve on your timing, I don’t mind being your personal coach,” he suggested.

 

You looked at him, mouth open. Why would he want to do this? Besides, you didn’t want to be seen practicing with him in school alone. What would the other girls do if they learn of it. You shivered at the thought.

 

“Why do you want to help me?” you asked anyway.

 

“Umm.... Must I have a reason for that?” he shrugged. You continued staring at him till he gave up. “Okay okay I need help with my geography! If I’m your coach for running, would you help me out with my geography subject? I swear I’m gonna get kicked out of class if I fail it again.”

 

Guess nobody is perfect. Mr Jeon Jung Kook has subjects he is weak in too. You giggled at the thought of Mrs Kim lecturing him in class while he stands up, scratching his head at her.

 

“I guess....”

 

“That’s a yes! Thanks a lot Fede! You’re the best” he shouted and hugged you before you could even finish your sentence. “I’ll see you tomorrow at my house at 8pm!” With that, Jungkook stood up and ran over to Jae Sung, who was already near the canteen.

 

 

 

 

~~~ 

 

 

You arrived punctually at Jungkook’s doorstep, ringing the doorbell. The door swung open at the 2nd ring and Jungkook was standing by the door, one arm rested on his hip. 

 

“You’re here,” he welcomed you in.

 

He brought you up to his bedroom and you settled in front of his table. You have been to his house before because your parents are friends with each other so both families would invite for a visit once in a while. You brought out your notes and the coaching session started. This personal tutorial session went on for 2 whole weeks.

 

~~~

 

On the third week over at Jungkook’s house, you two had already grown pretty close to each other. At least you stopped stammering and your face doesn’t blush that easily anymore. Or maybe you were just better at concealing it because you were certain your feelings for Jungkook was getting stronger. It was coming to 10pm and both of you were getting restless. Jungkook excused himself for the kitchen and came back with a paddlepop and a regular ice cream stick in his hand.

 

“Have one,” he offered. You took the ice cream. 

 

“I knew it, you always chose the ice cream over the paddlepop. Don’t you wanna try it. Give it a chance?” he asked.

 

“But I really like this flavour!” you whined.

 

He gave up and you both continued to dig in your feast. The weather was really warm recently so the cold dessert had already started to melt.

 

He stopped  on the paddlepop and looked at your eyes. “Can I ask you a question?” This is getting serious.

 

“I don’t know for you but I’ve really enjoyed these 2 weeks of your company. All thanks to you my grades have improved tremendously but... That’s not the main point. I think... Do you think I can stand a chance?” His big eyes sparkled at he stared at you, waiting for an answer.

 

Oh my gawd. Stand a chance? What did he mean? Stand a chance to get an A? Stand a chance to participate in our upcoming Science competition? What was he talking about?

 

“What do you mean?” you asked. Your heart was beating so quickly.

 

“You know what I mean Fede. Can’t you feel it? Getting close to you was my main motive. My grades were just an excuse. I wasn’t sure of my feelings back then but now I am. I like you.”

 

You sat there speechless for the moment. You had too many things racing in your mind. You just stared at the beautiful boy you have been crushing on for gawd knows how long, while the melted ice cream in your hand started to drip. You quickly  it and pretended to be busy with your ice cream.

 

“It has been a year Fede. I’ve been in love with you for a year. I thought it was just my hormones but I am certain it isnt. I’ve fallen in love with your blue eyes, your kindness, your patience and determination. And not to mention, your beautiful face. Don’t you have any feelings for me? Not at all?” he sounded disappointed.

 

You finally confessed and his face lit up. Jungkook’s face inched closer and closer to you until it was just a breath away.

 

“Fede...” his eyes flickered to your lips and back to your eyes again.

Slowly, he went in for a soft kiss. Sparks flew in your body and your mind went completely blank.

 

“So sweet, that strawberry flavour. Now I know why you liked it.” 

 

You blushed and smacked him hard and he laughed.

 

Tonight is probably the best day in your life.