Chapter 2: Meet You

Our Chance
 
 
Irene got ready to work as she remembered she needed to live this 24 y.o life once again. She clipped her hair so the hair bun looked neat, she grabbed her high heels and the car key.
"okay, let's live it for now!" She went downstair to reach the garage and she drove her silver Audi TT to work.
 
As team leader on marketing dept. she got introduced by her superior, a new team leader that will work with her,  “let me introduce your new colleague, he’ll be responsible for guiding team B, come in Mino”
 
She startled when she heard his name,” wait what? Mino?song mino? How come I forgot today is our first time meeting!”  
 
She panicked and zoned out that she didn’t realize the man already stood in front of her, offering to shake hand as he’s introducing his self,  “I’m song mino, nice to meet you.” 
 
“hello, why are you zoned out?” since she just gave no response for the handshake offer, he tried to call her.
 
“oh, my name is Irene, nice to meet you.” she shook his hand. Her superior suddenly cut in, “ Irene, can you help me introduce him to others?” 
 
“I’m sorry sir, I need to attend a meeting in 15 mins, I guess I cant help you” she made an excuse to escape the situation.
 
“okay then, have a good work.” He left the room with Mino.
 
Mino walked out from her room, it’s a small room, and his room is located across her room.
“I wonder why she looked surprised, did we met before? i don’t think I’ve seen her somewhere before..” he reached his room and sat on, he can see her although not really clear from his seat.
“she’s pretty!” he murmured.
 
As the lunch time come, Mino knocked her room and walk in. “Excuse me Irene-shi, do you want to grab some lunch together?” as he sit on the chair in front of her desk. 
 
“I’m sorry, I don’t think I can.” She refused while analyzing documents on her hand.
 
“ok then, let’s do it next time. And.. I want ask this.. have we met before? You look surprised this morning.” He was curious.
 
“no we don’t. You just reminded me of someone.” She replied shortly.
 
“oh, your boyfriend?” he’s more curious than before, but she replied him with a stare, telling him not to cross the line.
 
Their eyes meet.
 
He stood up and break the silence, he realized he asked something he shouldn't, “sorry, have a good time. And don’t forget your lunch.” And he walked out the door.
 
Irene sighed a relief, she thinks what should she do now, they will see each other everyday. Suddenly she remember that around this time, their company will open a new branch in the US.
She planned to move there to avoid him. She went to her superior’s room, and proposed the idea, they have a long talk and she get back to her room.
 
She find sandwiches and a cup of coffee on her desk, and a note beneath it.
 
“don’t forget to eat it,I hope you like it. -S- ” the food is from Mino. She’s happy to receive it but sad at the same time. It reminded her memories from before.
 
 
“here, try it.. my homemade sandwiches.” He stood at the back of her and put the sandwich on . She put down her works and started to munch it. “it’s delicious!” 
she turned around and their eyes met. “I love it, you should make more.” she took the rest from his hand.
 
“I will, as long as you want it babe.” He bent a little bit to reach her lips and gave her a light kiss. She smiled back at him and whispered, “you look good in apron” 
 
-end of flashback-
 
That’s the first time Mino tried to make her sandwich, and she really love it. And now every moment she shared with him becomes a painful memory.
She snap out of it and begin to eat the sandwiches he bought and continue working on her project.
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
i'm sorry to update it only now.. i'll try toupdate the rest as soon as possible.