All I Ever Needed Is You

Just When I Needed You Most

 

Siwon waited for her arrival. It has only been days, but he was excited to see her. He looked at his watch and saw that in a few minutes, the person he had been waiting for will arrive. He took out his Iphone and played angry birds to kill the time. It just gave him time to hear a voice calling out for him.

 

“Siwon oppa?” He turned his head and saw someone he wasn’t expecting.

 

“Tiffany… H-how are you?” He asked.

 

“I’m good. America was good since I was with my family,” she showed her famous eye smile. It was still the same. Many things have changed, but there would still be some things that will never change. One of them may be her beautiful eye smile, but one would also be the fact that there will be a spot in her heart for him.

 

 “So, who are you waiting for, a relative perhaps?”

 

“No, I was waiting for—“

 

“SIWON OPPA!” The two turned their heads as they saw the tall girl run towards Siwon. “Oppa, I miss you!” She said and hugged her boyfriend tightly.

 

“I miss you too. How was the trip, Soo?” Siwon asked Sooyoung.

 

“My relatives were ecstatic! They said that they couldn’t believe that it would come faster than they have imagined!” Sooyoung exclaimed, making Siwon forget that they were with someone else. She cleared and Sooyoung jumped in for a hug.

 

“FANY-AH!” Sooyoung hugged her friend who just laughed at her.

 

“You still haven’t changed. You still don’t use formalities,” Tiffany teased and Sooyoung chuckled.

 

“So, you’re back from America. How long will you stay be staying?” Sooyoung asked as the three of them walk out of the airport.

 

“I don’t know. How about you, where did you come from?” Tiffany asked the taller girl.

 

“I came from my relatives who live in abroad. I sent them the wedding invitations,” she answered. Tiffany stopped walking and looked at Sooyoung.

 

“Who’s getting married?” she asked. She hoped for something different, not what it seems like.

 

“You don’t know? Didn’t you receive my emails?! Siwon oppa and I are getting married!” She exclaimed. To Sooyoung, it was the best thing that could happen to her, but for Tiffany, it wasn’t. It was a nightmare.

 

“When is the wedding?” She forced a smile.

 

“In a month! I hope you can come! Oh, here, I still have an invitation with me,” Sooyoung rummaged through her bag and managed to find one invitation with her and handed it to Tiffany. “I would like that all nine of us to be there,” Sooyoung said and hugged Tiffany.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Two hearts will be bound through God’s grace and power. Mr. & Mrs. Choi will be happy to have you on the day of marriage between

 

Choi Sooyoung

&

Choi Siwon

 

On the 24th of March 2015 at the Lord’s Grace Church at 3 p.m., Please wear your best outfits for this fruitful celebration.

 

 

Tiffany read the invitation in her hands and held unto the tears. “Since when?” She asked. She and Siwon were at Starbucks. They were supposed to have a cup of coffee and try to ‘catch up’ with those years that she was away. It’s been a few days since they met with each other at the airport and they agreed to meet without having Sooyoung to know. It was only at this moment that Tiffany read the invitation, because if she read it alone, she may not be able to contain her tears. At least when she reads it with Siwon, she will have a reason for her not to cry.

 

“Since you left,” Siwon answered firmly. Tiffany removed her eyes on the invitation and shifted it to Siwon.

 

“Since I left? You replaced me that fast?” She asked with her voice breaking.

 

“It wasn’t that I replaced you that fast. It’s just that she was there when you left me. When I needed someone, she was there besides me. It wasn’t just when you left, but just when I needed you the most, you were never there. She was there for me,” Siwon explained, recalling how things began with him and Sooyoung.

 

“What does she have that I don’t?!”

 

“Love and attention...” Tiffany was shocked. She thought she had given all that she can for Siwon.

 

“You gave me, but you just left me hanging in the air. I didn’t know when you will return. All you did was tell me you were leaving on the day of your departure and told me you love me. That was it. Sooyoung never left me. She gave me love more than you could.”

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Sooyoung sighed and leaned on the wall. “This isn’t right. Spying on your fiancé just shows you’re insecure and jealous,” Hyoyeon suddenly said.

 

“Then maybe I am!” Sooyoung suddenly cried.

 

“Soo…” Hyoyeon hugged Sooyoung. The girl usually doesn’t cry, so when the girl sheds tears, as her best friend, she tries her best to calm her down.

 

“How can I not be jealous and insecure?! This is Tiffany we’re talking about! Siwon’s ex!” Hyoyeon was surprised that Sooyoung knew that. Tiffany and Siwon’s relationship was supposed to be kept a secret away from Sooyoung. Sooyoung had her eyes on Siwon ever since… even before Tiffany met Siwon. It was a known fact that the shikshin had feelings for him. But the two kept their relationship for obvious reasons.

 

“I’m not stupid to not know what was going on between them!” Sooyoung yelled. She knows everything. She was only pretending because she knows that her friends’ intention were good.

 

“I pretended not to get hurt. I lived up with everyone’s lies. It had always been Tiffany. When she was favored by everyone else more than me, yes it hurts, but I got over it easily. But when Siwon chose her over me, it took me along while before I accepted it. Honestly, no. I never got over it. That was why when Tiffany couldn’t there be for him, I was there. I took all those opportunities in hopes that he would realize that he was the one for me, and not her!” Sooyoung cried over at Hyoyeon. The latter held her best friend’s arms.

 

“Sooyoung! Get a hold of yourself. You love Siwon so much and we know that,” Hyoyeon said.

 

“You don’t know! If you all knew from the very beginning, you should’ve prevented the two of them from being together!” Hyoyeon was surprised with Sooyoung’s words.

 

“That was why when I learned that Tiffany was leaving, I took it as my moment to make him fall for me,” Sooyoung smirked.

 

“And you were successful. Isn’t that what matters?” Hyoyeon forced a smile to Sooyoung.

 

“No, I thought I finally have his heart,” Sooyoung answered and closed her eyes.

 

“Out of everyone, you are the last person who should have doubted this engagement,” Hyoyeon whispered.

 

“I thought so too. But now that she’s back. I can lose him before I know it.”

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Time was fast, and before they know it, the wedding was just three days away. Siwon was smiling as always, while Sooyoung kept a poker face.

 

“Are the things on our new home all settled?” Siwon asked and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“Are the table arrangements for the reception done?” He asked again and only got a nod from her. Siwon asked more questions, but he only got a nod from Sooyoung.

 

“Sooyoung, is there a problem? You’ve been quiet,” Siwon said and walked to his fiancée.

 

“I’m just thinking…”

 

“Thinking about what?” Siwon said and wrapped his arms around her. Surprisingly, she removed his arms.

 

“That this is all happening…”

 

“Of course it is, Sooyoung. Isn’t this what you wanted?” Siwon smiled.

 

“I don’t know,” she answered and closed her eyes.

 

“Sooyoung, you’re like the last person to even doubt this marriage. Why are you suddenly thinking twice?” Siwon asked, caressing her cheek. Sooyoung held his hand and put it away.

 

“Are you even sure of this? When you proposed to me, did you really want to spend the rest of your life with me? Do you really love me?” Sooyoung asked with tears.

 

“I do, Sooyoung. I really love you!”

 

“But I don’t know if I should believe you anymore!” Sooyoung yelled. Yes, since Tiffany’s return, she had been insecure. Tiffany had always been loved, appreciated and praised by many more than her.

 

“What are you talking about?” Siwon wondered.

 

“Just—I don’t know, Siwon! I somehow, I’m starting to doubt your love for me. I’m sorry,” Sooyoung said and picked her bag and jacket, ready to leave. He was too fast and held her arm.

 

“What made you doubt my love for you?” Siwon asked.

 

“It’s not what, but a who,” she said and pulled away from his grip.

 

“Where are you going?!” He followed her.

 

“You don’t have to know or care,” she said and stormed out of the apartment.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

In the middle of the night, Hyoyeon’s phone was ringing. She picked it up and answered in an unpleasant manner.

 

“Who the hell would call me at 2 in the morning?!” She yelled.

 

“It’s me, Siwon,” the guy from the other line sniffed.

 

“What’s your problem?” Hyoyeon asked, even though she already knows what it is.

 

“Sooyoung… She doubts this. I love her and I don’t know what to do without her. I love her more than anything out there, I love her more than my life… and I love her more than I had ever love Tiffany,” Siwon admitted to Hyoyeon. She knew how much Siwon loved Tiffany. And if he says that he loved Sooyoung more than Tiffany, then it really meant that he’s willing to spend the rest of his life with her.

 

“Then tell her. Make her feel you do love her more than Tiffany. You know, ever since Fany came back, Sooyoung had been pretty jealous. She knew Siwon. She knew ever since,” Hyoyeon told Siwon. He felt bad for not telling Sooyoung. She was gonna find out anyway, but it he wanted to tell her.

 

“I just used her at the beginning in order to get over Tiffany, but I fell in love with her. So hard I can’t control myself when I realized that I have fallen in love with her,” Siwon sighed.

 

“Sooyoung is a beautiful girl, inside and out. A lot of guys really like her, I know who they are, but she chose not to entertain them as more than friends. She only has her eyes for you even before you met Fany. She loves you more than anyone, oppa. Please let her realize that you love her too.”

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

The wedding day came faster that they expected. Sooyoung and Siwon haven’t had any interaction since then. Siwon felt nervous while Sooyoung felt like crying. She always thought she finally managed to have Siwon all for herself. She did her best so he could forget Tiffany, but it seems that she isn’t that successful. Sooyoung stepped out from her dressing room. From the corner of the hallway, she saw Siwon and Tiffany talking. She couldn’t hear what they were talking about, but she can see their actions.

 

“Oppa,” Tiffany held unto Siwon’s arm.

 

“You know that things are too late between us. Three years late,” Siwon told her.

 

“But this is unfair!” Tiffany began to cry.

 

“No! You are unfair! You left me when I loved you the most and when I finally moved one and loved someone else, you come back running after me!” Siwon said. He was angry too, but he couldn’t yell. Tiffany looked at Siwon. He closed his eyes and sighed. He tried to calm down, but was suddenly pulled by Tiffany for a kiss.

 

Sooyoung was in shock and hid back to her dressing room immediately. Tears ran down her face at what she saw. To her, maybe Siwon does love Tiffany more than her, especially that she has returned. Will a wedding still happen? Sooyoung doesn’t know.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

The march began and the whole entourage began. Sooyoung lifted her head and everyone was captivated by her beauty. She slowly walked, making her way to the aisle. Her long silk gown flew down the aisle. Photographers took this time to capture this memorable and beautiful moment. Sooyoung gulped as she looks at the smile on Siwon’s face. Her eyes shifted to Tiffany, who probably was wishing that it was her on the aisle. Sooyoung recalled the kiss from earlier. She stopped walking and closed her eyes. Murmurs were heard everywhere. Everyone was worried, most especially Hyoyeon and Siwon. Sooyoung opened her eyes and tears slowly ran down. She thought that if she marries Siwon, the latter will never be that happy compared if he will be with Tiffany. She did something that surprised everyone. She went to Tiffany and gave her the bouquet.

 

“He probably loves you more than me, but you will never love him more than me. Please make him happy,” Sooyoung cried. She lifted the lower half of her dress and ran away. Everyone was shocked, displeased and confused. Siwon and Hyoyeon suddenly ran after her. When they reached the door of the Church, they couldn’t spot a trace of Sooyoung anywhere.

 

“WHAT HAPPENED?!” Hyoyeon yelled at Siwon. He doesn’t know what made her realize things about this. He did nothing wrong. He did—

 

“The kiss…” Siwon muttered.

 

“WHAT KISS?! Don’t tell me—“ Hyoyeon watched as Siwon nods his head.

 

“It was accidental. She pulled me. I pushed her away. I didn’t think Sooyoung would see that,” Siwon sighed. Hyoyeon marched over Tiffany, fuming with anger.

 

“Are you happy now? You’re just selfish. You had your chance, but you blew it. You always got everything first and better than Sooyoung. All she wants was Siwon. When the two of you got together, she never spoke up and she never tried to ruin your relationship unlike what you’re doing. Can you just let them be happy? Siwon will never be happy with you again. He’s happy with Sooyoung. He loves Sooyoung more than he had loved you—“

 

“Hyoyeon, stop. We have to find Sooyoung. I’m afraid of the bad things that can happen to her. I don’t want my princess to get hurt,” Siwon said and Hyoyeon sent Tiffany a glare before running with Siwon. It was raining, and they just hoped that she was safe.

 

Tiffany dropped her head down. Siwon wasn’t the type to use nicknames. And for Siwon call Sooyoung ‘my princess’ is something. Maybe it really is time for her to move on. She once had Siwon, but she blew it. What Sooyoung said was right. Tiffany could not love Siwon as much as Sooyoung had loved him.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

Sooyoung ran wherever her feet let her too. The moment she was out of the Church earlier, the rain began to pour. Despite the downpour, she still ran. She wanted to be away and alone. She doesn’t know where she ended up. Her dress was muddy, her make and hair is ruined and her legs hurt from all the running. She leaned on the tree as the rain falls on her.

 

“I loved you more than her, and yet, you still chose her,” she said audibly and close her eyes.

 

“You’re wrong,” she opened her eyes and turned to her side. She saw Siwon, standing, all wet in his tuxedo. He was indeed hot. Siwon looked at Sooyoung. She was still lovely, like a nymph or a fairy of the forest.

 

“I love you more than anyone. When you ran away, I felt like my life was running away. I can give up all the riches I can inherit and work with two minimum wage paying jobs. I will give up everything I have, just don’t leave me, please. I had managed to live without Tiffany and I survived, but now, I don’t think I can survive without you out of my life. All I ever needed is you,” Siwon said as he cries in front of her on his knees. Sooyoung hates it when Siwon cries. She promised to herself that she will do anything to make Siwon happy. But here they are, with Siwon crying in front of her.

 

“I’m sorry I doubted your love,” Sooyoung said and held Siwon’s chin to make him look at her. She smiled and wiped his tears away. The rain was still pouring, but they didn’t care. She slowly leaned unto Siwon and gave him a kiss. She wrapped her arms on his neck while he held her waist. The kiss became deeper. They didn’t want to pull away, but they were running out of breath. When they pulled away, they looked into each other’s eyes. Siwon Sooyoung’s hair and kissed her forehead.

 

“Can we forget about Tiffany? She’s nothing but a friend now. You complete me, Soo. I can’t have anyone else but you. You are the most beautiful flower out there. I’m a prince, looking for his princess. You’re my princess. Please be mine forever and let’s live our own fairy tale story.”

 

Sooyoung smiled and jumped non Siwon for a kiss. He carried her bridal style and hailed for a cab. They went to the hotel, not minding the weird looks from the people. They didn’t care that they were still in their wedding outfits, dripping from the rain. All that matters to them is that they’re sure of their love for each other. Nothing and no one can stop them right now.

 

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

 

“Hey, Soo,” Siwon said as she Sooyoung’s hair.

 

“What is it, oppa?” Sooyoung opened her eyes and lifted her head that was resting on his bare chest.

 

“The wedding? Is it still happening?” He asked her.

 

“It doesn’t matter to me if we only get married through court,” she smiled.

 

“But if I ask you again, will you marry me, Choi Sooyoung?” Siwon asked and took out Sooyoung’s engagement ring that she had removed earlier. Sooyoung smiled and hugged Siwon again.

 

“Of course, I’ll marry! You don’t know that I’ve always wanted to marry you since we first met,” she said and Siwon happily slipped the ring on her finger.

 

“Funny how we did it before we even got married,” Sooyoung chuckled. Siwon blushed but he knew he was ready to spend the rest of his life with her anyway.

 

This time, a wedding will happen. This time, nothing can stop them. This time, Tiffany won’t be interfering in their relationship. Sooyoung had always been beside Siwon. Just when he needed someone, Sooyoung was there for him. All Sooyoung ever needed was Siwon. Now, all Siwon needs is Sooyoung.