Y

Ways of breaking up

22.00

 

“Why did you allow him to your hair?” asked Kyuhyun to Yoona when they’ve been waching strong heart together at the company.

Yoona let out a sigh, she knows where this conversation will go. This will be another quarrel. “Nothing, oppa. It’s just some kind of fan service. Don’t take it too seriously. Okay?”

Kyuhyun stared at Yoona, disagreed, “But you didn’t even refuse it! You know that he has a feeling on you.”

“How am i supposed to refuse it? ‘I’m sorry lee seunggi oppa, please don’t my hair. I already have a boyfriend. A very jealous one. You know, he’s super junior member, Cho kyuhyun.’ is that what you want me to say?”Yoona crossed her hands in front of her chest. One of her gesture if she’s being impatient or angry.

“I didn’t say that! Besides, why did you have to bring that topic in the first place. Don’t you have anything else to share?”Kyuhyun changed the TV’s channel to distract the picture of Lee seunggi Yoona’s hair.

Yoona clicked her tounge, “You’re being unreasonable! Besides, me and seunggi oppa is just a friend who rarely meet. Not like you and Victoria unnie.”I murmured with a low voice.

“What? Why bring Qian all of a sudden? You know that me and her is just a bestfriend!”

“So do I with seunggi oppa!” Yoona almost screamed. She doesn’t really want to argue, since they just met after their long schedules. It is her fault anyway, letting Kyuhyun know that her strong heart’s recording is airing that night. Kyuhyun is always the possessive one. She understands if he’s jealous, but sometimes he’s being unreasonable. He knows that it’s only a work. Nothing else.

Kyuhyun rubbing his temples. “I can’t do this anymore, Yoong. I’m tired. Everytime we met, we always argue. This is not healthy.”

Yoona stared at Kyuhyun in disbelief.

Kyuhyun’s staring back at her. “We should reconsider our relationship, you know..?”

Just like Yoona expected. She can’t react, she just staring back at Kyuhyun. After all this time, they’re having a quarrel, this kind of thought never crossed her mind at all. Although sometimes she can’t take over his possessiveness, but she stays. Because she really loves him.

“Both of us have a busy schedule, once we meet, we always argue. We can’t continue being like this. We both already tired with our schedules, we can’t be tired because of this too.”

Yoona can feel her eyes are getting warmer as the tears slowly formed on the corner of her eyes. But she wouldn’t let it fall. She wouldn’t cry just because of this.

She gathered her strength and tried to surpress her tears. “Okay. If this is what you want.”Yoona took her bag and then left Kyuhyun.

 

...

 

Kyuhyun still lingered at the company after Yoona left. He read the time. It’s 23.15 already.

He’s staring at his phone. Usually he will text or call Yoona just to ask whether she already reached her dorm or not. But of course, he can’t do it right now. He doesn’t have the right anymore.

He doesn’t know what’s been possessing him when he took that decision. Breaking up.

He’s the one at fault, but he’s the one who made that decision.

He never felt this stupid. Letting go the girl that she loves.

He throw the pillow to the door.

 

“Wow... wow...! I did expect you to greet me after going back from States. But not with the pillow.”Said unlucky Changmin who all of a sudden appear behind the door.

Kyuhyun grimaced, “I’m sorry. It was an accident.”

Changmin smiled, “Nah it’s okay. What’s bothering you?”he asked while taking a seat beside Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun looks really broken.

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, “I screwed up, man!”

 

...

 

Yoona POV

 

“You woke up early, huh?” Taeyeon appeared with a glass of milk on her hand.

I smile at her, “Good morning, unnie!”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, “Is today my birthday?”

I shook my head, “As long as i remember, we just celebrated your birthday like 2 months ago.”

Taeyeon take a glance at the calendar on the wall, “Huh, then why are you making all this food? For kyuhyun oppa?”

I flinched when i heard that name. “Uh.. no, it’s for the memberdeul. Since we’re going to the airport at 8. So i prepared a breakfast for us.”I tried to avoid Taeyeon’s gaze. She usually will immediately know if i’m hiding something. And i don’t wanna tell her what exactly happened with me and Kyuhyun last night. Not now. And i don’t want a sympathy.

“You sure you’re alright?”asked Taeyeon suspiciously.

I fake a pout, “Yaa... unnie! I’m just a nice dongsaeng who’s trying to make a food for all of us. There’s nothing wrong with that, right?”

Taeyeon hugged me all of a sudden, “Aigooo... uri dongsaeng, neomu jjang!! Gomawo, Yoong~ah...! i’ll just wake another member, okay?”taeyeon then pinched my cheeks before left.

I let out a sigh after making sure that she already went upstairs to wake other members. It’s gonna be a long day.

 

...

 

Kyuhyun POV

 

I opened my eyes as i heard the reminder sound from my phone. I stretched my body and reached my phone.

Yoona – NY - 8am.

I almost jumped from my bed when i read the reminder. I supposed to send her off today. I already grabbed my towel when i just realized there’s no point of it anymore. I laughed at myself.

Still not getting used to it, eh Cho Kyuhyun?

 

“Magnae! Are you waking up?”Eunhyuk’s banging on my door.

“Yeah hyung, i’m waking up. Come on in.” I said while returning to my sleep position.

“Yaa... you’re going to sleep again?” Eunhyuk asked when he sees me laying back again.

I’m yawning, “Yeah, i just got 4 hours sleep. Since i only got musical shedule tonight, i’ll just going back to sleep again.”

“No, no, no...! you have to help me first..” Eunhyuk pulled my pillow.

“Hyuuunngg!!" I prostested him.

Eunhyuk sit on my bed, “After you help me, you can going back to sleep.” Eunhyuk insisted.

I groaned, “Fine. What is it?”

Eunhyuk grinned. He took my phone and give it to me.

I stared at my phone, and then returned my gaze back to him, “What do you want me to do with my phone?”

Eunhyuk smile is getting wider, showing off his famous gummy smile.

“Hyuuunngg....” I whined like a little kid who’s not getting his balloon.

“Okay, okay. I just want you to text Yoona.”

 

I was at silence for awhile, “What for? And why you didn’t text her by yourself? Why me?”

Eunhyuk put my phone into my palm, “Because... i left my phone at hae’s bag yesterday. And he’s already leave. I wanna ask favor from others but in this dorm there’s no one else but you. Besides...” Eunhyuk take a breath, “You’re his boyfriend. Just tell her that i still borrow her mascara. Will return it later.”

I deadpanned him for like 10 seconds. “You texted her just for that? Tell her later, after she returned from US, i think she won’t mind you still borrowing her mascara. Besides... why on earth you borrowing her mascara??”

Eunhyuk shrugged, he stand up from my bed and walking to the door. “Can’t. Actually, it’s more like accidentally found her mascara at practice room. And i haven’t returned it ever since. Hyoyeon said yoona’s been looking for it. It’s kinda expensive. You know?” then he disappeared behind the door.

I let out a sigh. This is ridiculous.

We just broke up last night, and all of a sudden i have to text her.

What am i supposed to say?

‘Hey, sorry for bother. But eunhyuk hyung said, he will return your mascara later. So don’t looking for it anymore. Okay?’

 

Seriously? Mascara?

 

...

 

 

Yoona POV

 

The flight is about 13 hours straight. I never take a destination this far. This is pretty much tiring. But when i think about meeting NY sones, i guess it’ll be payoff soon.

 

After we get out from the immigration office, i immediately checking up on my phone. Well, it’s kind of my habit. I used to check the messages from him. But, yeah. It won’t be the same again. I still not getting used to it.

You know, it’s a little bit weird. Other girls would cry over their breakup.

I know i almost cry last night. But after that... I don’t feel like crying. I don’t feel anything.

 

I got 6 messages. 2 from my father, 1 from Eunjung, 1 from goo hye sun unnie, and...

I widened my eyes when i read the sender of my 5th message.

 

From: Kyuhyun

Hey.. text me when you already arrived.

 

I blinked twice. He texted me?

I immediately replied his text.

 

To: Kyuhyun

I already arrived. Why you text... I Just got out from immigration office. Why?

 

Geez, why i feel so nervous just to replied his message? It’s just a message, Yoong. Don’t be silly. I warned myself.

 

“What’s wrong? You seemed nervous.” ask Yuri who already stood beside me.

I startled. Almost losing a grip from my phone. “Unnie!! You surprised me.”

Yuri raised her eyebrows, “I was just asking. You’re the one who's being serious.”

 

My phone vibrates.

I immediately read the message.

 

From: Kyuhyun

Eunhyuk hyung said, he’s found your mascara and will keep it until you comeback. So you don’t have to look for it again.

 

Mascara? He texted me about mascara????

 

To: Kyuhyun

Okay. Why Hyukkie oppa didn’t text me by himself? But, never mind. Thanks for letting me know.

 

I somehow feel disappointed. I let my own hopes letting me down again.

 

“Hey, you alright?” Yuri asking again.

I shifted my gaze to her, “I’m alright unnie.”

Yuri seemed doesn’t believe my words, “You know that i already consider you as my own sister right? If there’s something bothering you... you can tell me.”

I tried to reassure her through smile, “I’m alright unnie. I promise.”

Yuri shrugged, “If you say so.”

 

...

 

 

After resting for about 2 hours, we’re having a rehearsal at hotel’s ballroom for our performance tomorrow. Some New York’s local station will be reporting about our first debut in US. To be honest, i’m a little bit nervous.

What if we can’t perform our best? Since it’s an international scale, all eyes will be on us. We can’t make any mistakes that will ruin our image.

 

“You look tired.” Yuri brings two chocolate milk and give one of them to me.

“Thanks.” I received it and then put it on my cheek, since it’s a little bit cold. “I don’t know unnie, i don’t feel well. My ankle is kinda hurt. I guess the high heels is not suitable for me.”

Yuri take a look at my right leg. “Oh my God. You got a bruise and blister there. Wait a minute. I think i have some kinda medicine for your blister.” She said while rummaging at her bag. And then seconds later she took out a little tube from it.

“Here, let me put it on your leg.” She took a little paste from it and spread it on my blister. “It won’t heal it anytime soon. But at least it will reduce the pain.”

I nodded while trying to hold the pain as the paste been spreading on my leg.

“I’m afraid, unnie. What if i’ll make mistakes tomorrow? It feels like the first time we debuted again.”

Yuri smiling lightly, “Think positive Yoong. Sure thing we will give our best performance tomorrow. Don’t worry too much. Okay?”

I smile. This time a little bit relief. Having your members encouraging each other is one of the best thing you can ask for. As long as i have them, i guess i will be right. And it will give me another strength. Because we’ll do it together.

 

...

 

 

Kyuhyun POV

 

Finally, i finished performing for my musical for tonight. It’s kinda tiring. But it feels good to be in this team again. Having a great sunbae who will always help you. And they always treat me nicely.

I checked on my phone. One of my habit after finishing my schedule.

I raised my eyebrows when i see a text from Yoona.

 

From: Weirdo

Okay. Why Hyukkie oppa didn’t text me by himself? But, never mind. Thanks for letting me know.

 

I feel conflicted whether to reply that message or not. But judging from her last words, seems like she decided to end the conversation already.

 

 

“You ready to go?” One of my manager, Inhwan hyung, asked me after seeing me already changed my clothes.

I nodded. I take my backpack then leave with him.

 

...

 

“Hey, magnae!” Donghae hyung already got in my room when i arrived.

“What are you doing here?” i asked him suspiciously.

He stucked out his tongue to me, “Did you see my hyukkie? I tried to call him but he didn’t answer. And when i tried again somewhile ago, seems like he’s phone’s been turned off.”

I throw my bag somewhere then jumped into my bed. “He won’t answer your phone as long as you keeping his phone in your bag.”

Donghae tilted his head, “In my bag? What do you mean? I didn’t bring his phone.” Donghae’s eyebrows furrowed.

“You didn’t. Hyukkie hyung just forgot to take out his cell from your bag. So he didn’t bring his cell today. Since he’s busy with his practice anyway.”

Donghae took the phone from my desk. And then doing something that i’m pretty much sure, he’s changing my phone’s wallpaper with his photo again. After done doing his things, he grinned and put my phone back to my desk.

“Ah, by the way, i heard from sica, you’re girlfriend is sick.”

I immediately got up from my position, “What? She’s sick?”

Donghae nodded, “Assuming from your reaction, you didn’t know about this.”

I shook my head absent-mindedly.

“Well, sica told me. She got a flu and she’s limping.”

 

I recall the incident at that night. Seems like she’s indeed got a flu last night. That’s why she’s wearing a thick sweater. And her body is kinda heating up when i hugged her. How the hell did i miss that? I’m cursing at myself.

 

I reached my phone and then trying to call Inhwan hyung.

“What’s wrong kyu?” asked Donghae when he saw my foot tapping on the floor.

Before i managed to answer his question, I heard Inhwan hyung’s voice.

“Hyung! I didn’t have schedule tomorrow right?” i asked him abruptly without even saying hello. “I need a ticket to New York, hyung. Now!!”