Baobei

Nesting

 It started with little, insignificant things. A pair of boxers here, a lone sock there. Zitao assumed that they had holes in them, or that they were simply old, so Sehun threw them away.

Then, it was his hoodies and sweatpants. Zitao wore them when he worked out in the morning, so when he got up and opened his drawer to get them, only to see nothing there, he began to get suspicious.

The final straw was when his shirts began disappearing one by one. His wardrobe was basically empty now, with only a few sweaters and a couple pairs of jeans to his name.


His immediate thought was that Sehun took his clothes. While the omega had a job outside of home as a dance teacher, he spent most of his time doing laundry and keeping the house taken care of. His lover was a hard worker, but very stoic and straight forward - Zitao had no idea what Sehun would even want with his clothes.

Zitao followed his mate up the stairs and to their room, where he saw Sehun start to pick up stray clothes. "Baobei, what are you doing?"

Sehun, startled, whipped his head around. An immediate wave of fear and guilt radiated off of him, only feeding Zitao's thoughts.

"Umm..." Sehun mumbled, one of Zitao's sweaters in his hands, "I'm collecting laundry, Zitao. You know I hate it when things aren't kept clean." The pout on his face almost made Zitao let him go.

Zitao endulged him with an affectionate smile. "I know Baobei, and you do such a good job while I'm at work. I'm very proud of you."

Sehun's usual scent of vanilla filled the room as the omega blushed at the praise. "Thank you, alpha," he mumbled shyly.

Zitao hummed and nodded, stepping forward to place a sweet kiss on his mate's forehead. "You're very welcome. Go get the laundry done, then, if you're in such a hurry."

Sehun gave a bright smile before leaving the room with Zitao's shirt clutched in his hands. Zitao watched him go for a minute before tailing after his mate. He watched as Sehun crept down the hall and into their guest bedroom. Knowing that the bedroom is where Sehun was storing his clothes, Zitao followed, expecting to see trashbags of clothes filled and ready for Sehun to take to the charity center. What he was met with instead took his breath away.

Sehun, his beautiful mate, lay in a small circle of his clothes, surrounded by pillows and buried under various hoodies that almost covered his slender frame. The omega was curled in on himself, humming a small tune and rubbing circles onto his lower stomach happily.

"Baobei?" Zitao asked quietly, trying not to scare the poor omega.

Sehun's eyes snapped open in surprise before the omega tried to stand, stumbling over his feet and landing back on his knees. "I-I'm sorry, alpha," he whimpered, tears already gathering in his amber eyes.

"For what, my sweet omega?" Zitao questioned, stepping into the room and making his way towards the trembling mess that was his mate. Zitao sat on the ground inside Sehun's circle and pulled the omega onto his lap, hushing him gently.

"For-For stealing your clothes and lying to you," Sehun whimpered. "I was gonna tell you, I promise I was Tao!"

"You were going to tell me what, Sehunnie?" Zitao asked patiently, wiping away Sehun's tears and kissing his temple.

"That-that I-I was...." Sehun took a breath before grabbing Tao's large hand and placing it on his stomach.

Zitao blinked at the action for a moment for his eyes widened. He took one more glance around, and suddenly it all made sense. Sehun's anxiety the past few weeks, his lack of clothes, this... "Nest," Zitao breathed, hand pressing harder against his mate's stomach. "Nesting. You're nesting!"

Sehun nodded happily, letting out a small giggle as Zitao peppered him with kisses. The alpha cupped his face and held his gaze lovingly "Does this mean...?"

Sehun smiled and leaned into his mate's hand. "Babies," he whispered. "Our own little pups, Zitao."

Zitao grinned before pressing his lips to his mate's, getting a sweet gasp of surprise. "I'm so happy... you always make me so happy Sehun, my baby..."

"Alpha," Sehun mumbled, settling further in his mate's lap. "Can we sleep here tonight, Zitao?"

"Why, Baobei?"

Sehun wiggled in contempt at having his question asked with another one. "Your scent," he started, "makes me feel warm and safe. Loved and wanted. I... I want our pups to be surrounded by this scent. I want them to know that their Daddy will always protect them no matter what. This," he spread his arms, showcasing his nest, "is where I want our pups to stay, forever knowing that they're loved."

'Did you have to start so early?' Zitao wanted to ask, but kept his mouth shut. His omega was so cute, eyes bright and cheeks flushed a light pink in joy. The alpha sighed and pulled Sehun closer, nuzzling into his neck. "Though I don't like the fact that you used over half my wardrobe... hey, don't look at me like that... I suppose I can make an exception for my love and my pups."

Sehun smiled and wrapped his arms around Zitao's neck, pulling his alpha in for a loving kiss. "Daddy is so good to us~!" he sang jokingly, watching Zitao's eyes flash red before turning back to hazel.

"I'd watch your mouth Baobei," Zitao mumbled before settling his hand on Sehun's stomach once again. "I love you so much, my Sehun. I can't wait to see you swell with our pups. You will be so beautiful, don't you think?" he whispered, laying himself and his omega down in the clothes that smelled of Zitao's sandlewood scent.

Sehun hummed as Zitao continued to over his flat stomach that held his alpha's pups. He knew that in the months to come, life would get a bit harder. He would get bigger, start needing assistance around the house, and would have to take leave from his job... but to see that smile on Zitao's face, and to feel his pups growing inside of him every second... Sehun wouldn't trade that for the entire world.


This didn't really turn out how I wanted it to, haha. I hope you enjoyed it none-the-less. I know I haven't updated Pack yet, but it's coming. I'm planning something big, so look forward to it. Love you guys!