Newcomers

17 years: I could never be your woman

Nami p.o.v

I thought a person wasn’t meant to be alone. I was just a kid when my father died, so I didn't know anything about losing someone forever. But right now, I feel it. I feel the impact of losing someone who is so precious. To lose my mother, that is like losing the sun above you. Everything feel so dark. Am I losing myself?

We were at the States when things happened. Now we're back in Korea for the funeral. It was in my mother's will to be by my father's side when she's gone. At least, for the last time, my brother and I want to fulfil her last wish. We arrived at our home in Korea at the evening. It's a little bit late so we decided to have the funeral at tomorrow morning. 

As the day getting dark, the loneliness is spreading. The tears wouldn't stop falling down from my eyes. There are a lot of people coming to visit us. Some old acquaintance which I don't really knew. I don't want to see anyone right now. So, I swiftly ran up the stairs to get to my room and threw my bag down on the antique bed. I changed into sweatshirt and sat down on my bed and I cried. Again. 

Ricky p.o.v ( Nami's brother ) 

It was a tiring day. Everything happened so fast. For all I know, mom is gone. From this moment, it only has Nami and me to struggle with life. With just both of us left, life must be hard. Anyway, where is Nami? I don't see her since we reached this house. There are just too many people in this room, so I can't see her. From afar, I can see that someone is waving at me. Someone familiar. He seems like asking me to meet him. I walked to him. It's our family lawyer, Mr. Lim. Behind him, stood another familiar face. I can't believe it. 

"Hello Ricky. Shall we please go to somewhere more private? There are important things i would like to discuss." Mr. Lim said.

Immediately, we come into a room where nobody is inside. I'm feeling so nervous on what Mr. Lim gonna talk about.

"First of all, I would like to apologize to bother you at this time of moment. But, I'm afraid I have to tell you about your mother's will right now." explained Mr. Lim. 

"I'm sorry. Can you just do it at another time? I think this is not a right time. We just lost her today." I spoke in polite manner.

All eyes are on me now. I really think this is a bad timing to talk about mom's will. He should respect our loss!

"I understand your situation right now Ricky. But as I said before, I have to tell you right now. It's very important. It's about your family." persuaded Mr. Lim. "Okay" I sighed, "what's the important thing you wanna tell me?".I looked at another person beside Mr. Lim. An old wowan and a familiar face that I'm sure I have seen somewhere. Who is it? I can't remember but they are both looking at me curiously.

"Ricky, your mother has left a will which stated that she has an older sister living in Korea. The name was mention in the will. So, I introduce you to Mdm. Yoo, the sister of your mother. She is your aunt Ricky." 

As soon I hear what Mr. Lim has said, I can't hide my reaction. I am truly shocked and they can see it very clearly. I have an aunt??!! Why mom never mention about her at all?? OMG! 

"and this is Mr. Yoo Jaesuk, the son of your aunt." he continued.

Wait! Yoo Jaesuk??? OMG. No wonder he seems so familiar to me. He was on Running Man. The variety show that Nami loves so much.

"Both of them are your family now."