Lost & Found

17 years: I could never be your woman

The death of a loved one is an intense and often life-changing event. I fully expected my mom to keep on keeping on for at least another decade. That might have made losing her so suddenly and so young all the worse. I thought I had been preparing for this, more than most people will ever be able to prepare. But in those preparations, I became vulnerable to the randomness in life that kills my mother on this day. I've never know that my life will change starting from this day.

Yoo Jae Suk P.O.V

Today is the filming of Running Man. It has been 3 months since Running Man published. 

I look around to see all Running Man casts that seem so tired. The filming is done for today. I can see that Jihyo is sleeping soundlessly. Must be so tired because of her pack schedule. Suk Jin hyung is having a conversation with PD. Gary and Haha are busy playing with their phones. Jong Kook keeps bullying Kwang Soo. It makes me wanna laugh to see them. We are so different but yet we have been like a family since day 1. 

Somehow today, I get a bad feeling that something big will happen but I'm not sure. I'm not a fortune teller for God sake. 

At the parking lot, on our way to go back to each other home, I received a phone call. It's from my mother. It's not everyday my mom will call me. 

"oh omma. What's wrong??" I asked worriedly.

"Jaesuk ah.. Are you busy right now? Do you have time to pick me up at home?" Mom answered.

"I just finished filming. Of corse, I can go meet you right now. Are you okay mom?" I continued asking.

"I'm okay.. but I just found out that my younger sister is dead. The funeral is tomorrow but I have to see her family now!" 

I am so shocked. I never knew that my mother had a younger sister. She never talked about her.

"Whatt??!! You had a sister?? Since wheeenn?" Asked me confusedly.

My mom hurriedly answered, "I tell you about it later. Just come pick me up faster!"

This has been a weird day for me. But unfortunately this is not the end of my day. The other members are shocked to see my upset face. I tell them about it. Some of the members want to follow me but they have other schedule. So, only Sukjin hyung and Jong Kook accompany me. Without wasting any time, I drive to my mom's house. 

When I picked up my mother, she looks so waver. As on our way to go to the house of my late aunt who I don't know nothing about, I straight away asked my mom what actually happened. My mother told me that she has a sister that live in USA. Her sister wanted to marry an American man. The family of course don't blessed them. Because of that, she has left the family and followed her husband. Until today, a lawyer has contacted my mother and informed her about the death.

I found out that my late aunt has 2 children. I feel sorry for their lost. We reached at a house which I was informed, the old house of my late aunt. I come in into the house and see that most of our family are already there.