Special~

You are Gold

 

A DAte♦

That particular Monday evening, Jongin stayed in front of the full-length mirror in his room for almost an hour, just trying to figure out what to wear. That day was special because three weeks after they first met; he and LuHan will officially go on a date. He may appear paranoid just thinking about his clothes to impress LuHan, but for Jongin, it was very important. His last date was during middle school where he attended a group party with his friends. He was partnered with Sooyoung who secretly likes him. Jongin does not want to remember that disastrous day. He was quiet the whole time, letting Sooyoung do all the talking. All he wished to do was to home and eat cheerios while watching his favorite Sci-fi movie. Dating was not his thing. Nevertheless, when he met LuHan, his perception about going out with someone had a 90-degree turn.

“Jongin dear! Can I come in?” Jongin’s mother called from the other side of the door. The boy quickly put on his plaid button downs and opened the door. “Hi, mom.”

“Oh! You look so handsome!” the woman complimented. “Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah.” Jongin glanced at his wristwatch to check the time and sighed nervously. “I don’t want to be late.”

 

Mrs. Kim nodded and handed the car key to her son. “There. You take good care of LuHan, okay?” She patted Jongin’s shoulder as sign of support. “Enjoy your night.”

 

“Thanks, mom. We will.”

 

While Jongin was testing out the car, his grandfather approached him with a big smile. The old man had that proud look on his face. Knowing how timid Jongin was, Grandpa Junghan was relieved to see him going out with the person he likes. At the anniversary party, Jongin’s family got to meet LuHan. Mrs. Kim saw her son and the pretty violinist in their own little world, talking to each other in a close distance. They were all re-introduced after the party ended. The way Jongin’s eyes twinkled gave him away. Mrs. Kim and Grandma Gooyeon found them adorable; how they look and smile at each other. Grandpa Junghan, on the other hand, was already insisting for the two to go out and date. Jongin was melting in embarrassment but LuHan just laughed at it. “I would love to go on a date with Jongin,” he pronounced, causing Jongin’s mind to shoot up in the outer space. He was blushing hard and the silly grandpa even more. In the end, they decided to meet up at school and plan for their first memorable day together.

“It would be nice if you can invite LuHan to our family dinner next week,” suggested the old man.

“I’ll see what I can do about it, gramps. LuHan will probably be busy, going on his usual gigs next week. I don’t want to look so desperate for his attention.”

The old man raised a brow, “Are you not?”

“Gramps,” Jongin whined defensively, earning a cackle from his grandfather. The old man sure knew how to make him turn red in a second. Jongin started the engine and bid goodbye to Granpa Junghan who waved back at him. He was watching the old man beaming brightly at him through the rear mirror. Somehow, it made Jongin a little confident.

Everything will fun. LuHan will love this date; he will make sure of that.

-

LuHan was standing outside his apartment complex, waiting for “his Jongin” to arrive. He was wearing an outfit that Baekhyun prepared for him (thank goodness); a long sleeve t-shirt in red, denim jeans and a pair of hi-top sneakers. According to Baekhyun, he looked pretty decent in his get-up. LuHan was nervous- really nervous. He was curling his toes every time a car similar to Jongin’s passes by. He kept on fixing his hair, making sure it looks neat and shiny. His fingers were constantly drumming on the case shell of the violin he decided to bring along to ease away the nervousness. So far, it was no help. When a black Bentley pulled over in front of him, LuHan froze. Jongin was waving at him through the glass window. His jet-black hair was slightly pushed back and LuHan swore his heart went doo-geun-doo-geun upon seeing him. His feet went back and forth, not sure, if he will wait for the other to come down and lead him to his seat or just went ahead and get in the car. Jongin put an end to his struggle when he went out and rushed to where LuHan was. He almost tripped in a can of soda littered on the pavement. Good thing, LuHan caught him on time. “Careful,” the boy reminded.

“Uh yeah,” Jongin laughed nervously while hanging his head low. “Hm…you look great.”

LuHan gasped slightly and bit his bottom lip. He averted his eyes from Jongin and started counting the cars passing by. “Thank you. You look really ho—attractive.”

“Thanks, Lu.”

After the greetings, the two seemed to have lost a few words to say. They were left with jumbled ideas and hearts that were racing wildly. A loud honking caused LuHan to jump in surprise. His little action scared Jongin as well. Both locked gazes and finally break the ice with a laugh.

 

“Shall we go?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

LuHan placed his violin on the back seat while he sat alongside with Jongin. They planned to stroll along Hamjjhon Park (fictional park) where an alley of food trucks was situated. LuHan loves to eat taco so Jongin preferred to go there instead of a fancy restaurant. Three weeks of constantly talking to each other, Jongin discovered that LuHan is a very simple guy. He is easy to impress, bubbly and extremely passionate in his craft. Those traits made him more lovable. If Jongin was to say it truthfully, he was already into deep. The car ride was a little awkward at start until Jongin blasted the stereo. LuHan chirped happily when he heard one of his favorite song and started talking about how he practiced so hard to be able to play it well in a birthday gig. Jongin listened to him intently, remembering every detail coming out from those plump lips. The apprehension slowly deteriorated and soon enough, both were comfortably talking to each other. Twenty minutes later, they arrived at the infamous park. It was not crowded as usual so it’s a plus for Jongin.

“Do you wanna grab food?”

LuHan thought for a while and shook his head, “Hm…maybe later?”

“Okay then. Let’s walk around.” Jongin reached his hands out to take LuHan’s which the latter readily accepted. Other couples were also hanging around the vicinity, taking time to know more about each othe, strengthening their bonds and just having the time of their lives. LuHan didn’t miss the glow in their eyes. “They look so happy,” he murmured, tightening his grip on Jongin’s hand.

“Yeah.” The other boy did the same. He stole a glimpse of LuHan and smiled. “Aren’t you?”

LuHan stopped on his tracks and faced the other, “Of course I am! I’m extremely happy! I am having a date with you, the person I like the most in the entire planet! I couldn’t be happier!”

Jongin was genuinely surprised. He could see the sincerity and eagerness in LuHan’s eyes to prove his feelings. The way he leaned closer, eyes wide open and mouth protruding as he speaks, caused Jongin to let go and embrace him. Now it was LuHan’s turn to be shock.

“I am happy, too, Lu. Very very very glad that I get to do this with you.”

LuHan blinked a few times. Slowly, a content smile grew on his lips. He hugged Jongin back like a little kid, jumping slightly in glee. His arms were so tiny compared to the younger boy but it didn’t stop him from pouring out his feelings through the meaningful gesture. Some couples watched them with the same amount of joy on their faces. It was such a lovely night for those who were happily in love.

“Jongin?”

 

“Hm?”

 

 

“Let’s get going?”

 

“Oh.” Jongin pulled away and chuckled. “Yeah. Let’s go.”

 

 

 

LuHan looked confused when he realized they were taking a different path. He looked up to the boy and saw Jongin pursing his lips tightly. He had an unreadable expression that LuHan wanted to decipher without asking. He felt his chest constrict when Jongin’s hand tighten around his.

 

With Jongin suddenly becoming secretive, who knows what was about to happen.

(To be honest, LuHan already had something in mind.)

-

The following day, LuHan spent his time with Baekhyun in their favorite coffee shop. Both were waiting for Chanyeol to arrive. While taking a sip from his cup, Baekhyun was eyeing a mark on LuHan’s lower neck. He already noticed it the moment his friend stepped in the shop.

“Lu. You better be honest with me,” he began with a probing voice while pointing at the suspicious mark. “That.”

LuHan choke on his drink. He bit his lip and shook his head defensively.

“Yeah. Fool me.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “You two are moving too fast. Not that it matters if you really love each other. I’m just pointing it out because I’m your bestie. I can’t help but worry.”

LuHan sunk on his seat, blushing.

“So…are you going to tell me?”

“Y-yeah.”

 

Flashback

Jongin tried to be gentle but he ended up pushing LuHan against a tree. “Sorry,” he apologized in a whisper. LuHan’s face was beat red. He didn’t expect Jongin to initiate that “thing” so early, although he wanted it, too.

End of flashback

 

“I was nibbling my bottom lip because I was so nervous. And then he… he just…”

“Alright, alright. I get the gist of it,” Baekhyun interrupted. He leaned back on the chair and smirked. “That side of Jongin came as a surprise. I didn’t expect him to be like that at all.”

“Is it a bad thing?”

“I don’t think so. You have that side, too, Lu, so I guess it’s a tie. You two are destined to get dirty with each other!”

Other customers turned to their table with questioning looks. LuHan reached over the table and covered his best friend’s mouth. “Shsh! You don’t need to announce it to everyone!”

“Opps! Sorry.”

LuHan sighed, “You got it wrong, Baek. This isn’t something I take so lightly. This is far from lust I am telling you. I really like him. Love even. We’re probably moving fast but that’s something we can’t control, right?”

“Yeah. I think I understand.”

“I’m in love, Baek,” LuHan murmured with a reminiscent smile. Every time he talks about Jongin, the latter’s face would appear in his mind, causing LuHan to smile like an idiot. “And Jongin told me last night that he feels the same.”

“So it really happened?”

LuHan shook his head with a subtle smile, “Nope. Something else happened.”

Baekhyun leaned on the table and waited for LuHan to continue.

“I got hungry.”

.

.

.

.

Baekhyun burst out laughing, “Let me guess! Your stomach snarled at you.”

 

“Exactly," LuHan snorted while pinching his belly.

 

“Oh my God! That’s so embarrassing.”

 

LuHan nodded, “I know. Good thing Jongin was kind enough to let it slide. We got tacos after that.”

 

“I bet you were cursing in your head.”

 

LuHan chuckled, “A little.”

 

“Oh well. There’s always a next time.”

 

“Yeah. Jongin said so, too. I look forward to it,” LuHan replied confidently. He looked so convinced that Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh at him again.

“I get it, Lu. You are really into deep. Ocean deep, my friend,” said Baekhyun while waving his hand like a fish. Baekhyun could get (really) annoying sometimes but LuHan lets him be, aware that there is not much difference between them. That kid is head-over-heels for Chanyeol. Who is he fooling?


 

A|n: Because you asked for it. Thank you for upvoting, guys. I’m glad you like this fic. Please keep on supporting! ^>^

(P.S I miss LuHan. Good thing EXO’s coming. :3)