Library

Library=Fun

Yoona stood outside of the library with a book in hand, today was her birthday and her dad thought it would be fun to buy her a book but here she was returning the book that her father had so kindly bought for her. She was holding Pride and Prejudice arguably one of the most popular novels and a must read for any reading fanatic however it didn’t seem to entertain the girl at all. She entered the library and was met with look of surprise from the staff members, her dad made her out to be a rebellious teenage girl that would do anything to avoid the library but that wasn’t the case she was just too lazy to pick up a book and read the hundreds of words that littered the page. Walking over to the P section she was about to put the book away until a hand met hers sending a jolt of electricity through her, the mysterious hand took the book out of Yoona’s hand and made a sound of pure joy.

“I’ve been looking for this for so long.” Following the mysterious hand Yoona looked at the persons face and for a second she was blinded she’s gorgeous Yoona thought to herself, her heart rate ridiculously increasing never has it been this high in gym. Then again she did anything to avoid that subject so that wasn’t a fair comparison but the look of excitement in this girls eyes caused a feeling of happiness to swell in Yoona.

“Don’t they have more copies of that book?” Yoona asked trying to play it cool in front of this girl she had never met before.

“No it’s quite popular, I was wondering if I could take this off of you?” The girl asked her innocent features hypnotising Yoona for a moment.

“Sure my dad had given it to me for my birthday I don’t like reading so I’m returning it.” Yoona replied as if it wasn’t an issue but the look on the girls face said a whole different story when she flicked through the first few pages.

“This isn’t a library book your dad bought this.” The mysterious girl said with a slight chuckle causing Yoona to blush of course it doesn’t go here why did I have to be so stupid?  Yoona thought to her-self mentally cursing her-self she was losing her cool demeanour she needed to act cool again.

“Haha er yeah just wanted to test you and see if you erm knew about the library and it’s er rules yeah.” Yoona lied attempting to hide the real reason however the girl didn’t buy it as she laughed.

“How about I buy this off of you how much?” She asked taking out her purse when Yoona looked down she saw the girl carrying four other books, quickly reading the titles Yoona thought back to the question she was asked.

“Erm I don’t know how about say $3.” Yoona replied the girl looked at Yoona wide eyed was this girl serious? The girl mysterious thought to her-self.

“Here’s some money take it this book is more than $3. Thank you for the book.” The girl said handing Yoona some money and then walking away. Yoona was momentarily stunned but she wanted to know more about this girl so she followed the way she had left and came across a few tables. The first table had a little girl with her mother reading a princess story, the second table had a boy attempting to study but he was drifting off between the land of the living and the land of sleep it seemed the land of sleep had claimed him as his eyes closed. The third table that was where she was reading the book Yoona had just given, summoning all her courage Yoona made her way. She was working through various scenarios not wanting to appear like a weirdo however once she reached the table and looked down at the girl she forgot what to say. The girl looked up and smiled at the new face that greeted her presence.

“Hello again would you like the book back?” She asked Yoona shook her head and swallowed the lump in .

“No I just erm wanted to know more about you.” Yoona honestly replied causing the girl to raise an eyebrow out of curiosity. “Not like a stalker we’re about the same age so I thought it would be good to get to know more about people my age.” Yoona defended waving her arms around like crazy, the girl giggled before she went quite and gave a slight pout which indicated she was thinking about something cute Yoona thought as she watched the action.

“Well I think it’s only correct if we properly introduce ourselves I’m Seo Ju Hyun but I prefer to be called Seohyun.” Seohyun introduced standing up and giving Yoona a bow, great manners and cute wow she’s amazing Yoona thought looking at the girl before her.

“Im Yoona.” Yoona introduced bowing in return.

“Why don’t you tell me something about yourself unnie.” Seohyun said anticipating an answer she was sure that Yoona would say.

“I like to erm have fun and play games.” Yoona said completely unaware of how happy that made Seohyun.

“Let’s play a game then unnie come to the library tomorrow at the same time and I’ll give you the answers you want.” With that Seohyun turned around and walked away however before she went too far away she looked back at Yoona.

“Happy birthday Yoona unnie don’t get too hung over I don’t want you disorientated for our game tomorrow you’ll need a good memory.” Seohyun turned around giggling leaving a confused but happy Yoona behind. Wait a minute she called me unnie how does she know if I’m older? Yoona thought but shrugged she didn’t want to think that Seohyun was a crazy stalker that also knew where she lived, what school she went and what classes she took in college.

Yoona was standing outside of the library at the same time as yesterday as per Seohyun’s instructions, she was tired she spent the whole night thinking about Seohyun and it didn’t help that her friend Hyoyeon got some alcohol from somewhere and had a whole case of beer to herself. One thing she learnt as well as her other friends, never let Kim Hyoyeon get drunk or else you’ll never catch that hyper human who for some reason loves exercising when she’s drunk. Preparing herself mentally for whatever Seohyun had in mind Yoona walked inside of the library and was once again met with the strange stares from the members of staff, Yoona chose to ignore their whispers and made her way to where she had met Seohyun for the first time. When she stood at the P aisle Seohyun was nowhere in sight so Yoona just looked though the books in order to wait for her. What felt like ten hours but was only five minutes Yoona felt like she had been stood up so she decided to scout the library and walked to the tables where she had last seen the girl. The mother and daughter duo from yesterday were not here but the guy from yesterday was and it seemed the land of sleep had won yet again as his head fell on to the table with his geography books surrounding him. Seohyun was not on the table was yesterday but a book was there looking closer at the title Yoona realised it was one of the many books Seohyun was carrying yesterday. Picking the book up Yoona started to flip through the pages till she saw a blue post it note with a passage written addressed to her squinting her eyes due to the small but neat writing she read the message in her head.

Hello Yoona unnie it’s me Seohyun I wasn’t able to make it today due to certain circumstances but I didn’t want you to miss out on the game I had in mind. As you wanted to know more about me in each book that I had yesterday I have put a white post it note that has both facts about me and a few digits of my phone number. If you collect them all give me a ring unnie and you can get to know me in person.

 Yoona giggled as she finished reading the passage she’s fun Yoona thought as she flicked over to the next page and just as Seohyun had said there was a white post it note.

Here are a few favourite things of mine, I like the colour white my favourite movie is Pirates of the Caribbean I love Keroro and playing the piano.

Yoona smiled as she read the facts we could do a re-run of Keroro and Totoro one day Yoona thought pocketing the post it note and thinking of the next book on the list. I think it was Lord of Scoundrels Yoona thought walking over to the L section she scanned the books and found it poking out further than the others. Reaching out to grab the book Yoona skimmed the first few pages and found the white post it note.

My parents and I went on holiday to France last year and I found this book there. The shop keeper said “the glove scene of this novel plays on people’s minds maybe one day you’ll feel what they felt when you touch the one you love.” I never knew what he meant by that but the feelings in this book are indescribable.

Yoona looked at the book and flicked to a random page and started to read it.

. . . his pulse had started to accelerate by Button Number Six. By Number Twelve, it was racing. By Number Fifteen, he had to concentrate to keep his breathing steady . . . Miss Jessica Trent’s grey eyes had taken on the drunkenly bewildered expression of a respectable spinster being seduced in spite of herself.

Even if he had comprehended her expression, he wouldn’t have believed it, any more than he could believe his untoward state of excitement—over a damned glove and a bit of feminine flesh. Not even one of the good bits, either—the ones a man didn’t have—but an inch or two of her wrist, plague take her.

The worst was that he couldn’t stop. The worst was that his passionately intent expression had somehow become genuine, and he was no longer talking in Italian about drains, but about how he wanted to , unhook, untie every button, hook, and string . . . and slip off her garments, one by one, and drag his monstrous blackamoor’s hands over her white ’s flesh.

And while in Italian he detailed his heated fantasies, he was slowly peeling the glove back, exposing a delicately voluptuous palm. Then he gave one small tug toward her knuckles. And paused. Then another tug. And paused. Then another tug . . . and the glove was off. He let it fall to the table, and took her small, cool, white hand in his great, warm one. She gave a tiny gasp.

Yoona shut the book and couldn’t help but her hand on her pulsing heart rate that was something... amazing Yoona thought to her-self in surprise. Never did she think she would want a book till this day she silently thanked her dad for giving her his library card and made her way to check the book out at the self service machine.  Once that was done she remembered the third book Seohyun had was The Portrait of Dorian Gray so she went to the relevant section in the library and started her search. Just like the previous book this was also sticking out making it easier for Yoona to spot. With much excitement Yoona opened the book to find a white post it note.

This is a book that I keep close to my heart as it deals with the superficial nature of society. I don’t talk much about this but when I was younger people would bully me due to my introvert nature and my looks that didn’t fit with the ideal society. During those times I would read this book, even if you don’t like reading unnie this has been one of my escapes from reality.

Yoona clutched her heart as it pained her to read the passage I swear if anyone dares to hurt her I’ll make sure they can’t walk for weeks Yoona thought angered by those people who had dared to hurt the girl she had fallen for at first sight. The feelings Yoona had were indescribable as much as she wanted to tell you she couldn’t without it turning in to a cliché. Yoona took out her phone and went to amazon and typed in the name of the book, if this book means so much to Seohyun then it’s only fair that I own a copy and read it Yoona thought purchasing the novel through amazon and typing in the extra digits Seohyun had put on the post it note. Once that was done Yoona put the book back and thought of the last book that Seohyun had Romeo and Juliet. With a determined walk she went to the section where the play would be and found it was poking out like the other books. Flipping through the first few pages she found the white post it note with familiar hand writing.

Do you believe in love at first sight unnie? I read this play to see if it is love or lust at first sight for Romeo, I’m not sure of the answer but he did truly care for Juliet maybe it was love. One day I hope to feel what Juliet happy and in love with a man who instantly charmed her even if it was for a short time.

Yoona just stared at the post it note and read the question over and over again love at first sight a notion she had laughed at and thought as the plot of a cliché love story. However here she was in a library the last place people would expect her to come chasing a girl through books simply because she wanted to get to know her better. Did she feel love or lust? Yoona took out her phone and looked at the digits by putting in the last few digits that were on the post it note she could ask Seohyun out on date but she didn’t want to ask her out simply because of lust. She is beautiful but she deserves someone who knows her for her personality. Yoona thought her hand putting away the phone until the other side of her conscience reasoned with her. By asking her out you will get to know her she is willingly giving you all this information meaning she also feels something. That was all it took for Yoona to whip her phone back out and put in the rest of the digits. She called it taking an anxious breath however the call did not go through as the number was not valid. Yoona face palmed her-self of course it’s not valid I don’t know the order the numbers go in. Not knowing what to do Yoona started to make her way out of the library till a book caught her sight Pride and Prejudice. Why’s that there? Seohyun said this place didn’t have that book Yoona went up to the book and opened it her never ending giggles attracting much attention.

 If you’ve gotten this far unnie I’m very surprised and happy you must have a great memory. By now you must have all the digits but you don’t know the order they go in so here it is I hope you call soon unnie I would like to know more about you as well.

So cute Yoona thought re arranging the numbers and giving a call to Seohyun her heart was racing wildly as her nerves seemed to get to her more and more. Two bells went by and the phone was answered much to Yoona’s pleasure as she heard the voice that she had been missing since yesterday which was exactly twenty four hours ago.

“Hello Yoona unnie you did a great job finding all the books.” Seohyun greeted complimenting Yoona on her performance.

“How did you know it was me?” Yoona asked inquisitively listening intently to Seohyun and the sound of cars in the background where could she be? Yoona thought.

“I was expecting your call.” Seohyun easily replied.

“Really now? You sound like a creeper.” Yoona teased the younger girl causing both of them to laugh.

“Well I wasn’t the one rooting through books to find the number of a stranger.” Seohyun teased in return causing Yoona to laugh.

“I have a question how did you know I was your unnie I didn’t even know you?”  Yoona asked, that question had been bugging her since yesterday all she needed was for Seohyun to clarify the reason.

“We go to the same college I’m just a year younger than you.” Seohyun replied Yoona was stunned by this question how had she never spotted her before? “Erm unnie are you still there?” Seohyun asked as she didn’t hear Yoona talk for a while.

“Yeah sorry I was surprised I didn’t see you in college but that will change from now.” Yoona stated gathering as much courage as she could.

“Really now?” Seohyun asked for some reason Yoona could hear her voice not only through the phone but in the library.

“Yep I want to get to know you better Seohyun so how about a lunch date?” Yoona asked her voice even but her nerves were all over the place all she wanted was a yes please say yes we’ll watch as much Keroro as you want Yoona thought shutting her eyes waiting for a reply.

“I would love to.” Yoona heard the voice but not from the phone but from the library door where the girl she had been chasing was stood looking as elegant as ever. Yoona smiled at the sight her heart rate increasing and the butterflies seemed much more dominant lust no this is love Yoona thought cutting the call off as she walked over to Seohyun.

“Shall we?” Yoona asked putting her hand before Seohyun to take, Seohyun blushed as she put her hand in Yoona’s. The girls then exited the library and made their way to their much anticipated lunch date the large smile never leaving Yoona’s face, thank you library for exisiting Yoona thought as she looked over at the girl she was able to meet and ask on a date because of it.