On Christmas Day [END]

On Christmas Day...

Chanyeol was 5 years old when his life gotten miserable. Everyday when he had gone off the school bus and entered his house the only thing he could hear was the sounds of his parents arguing.

Little Chanyeol was too young to understand what was going on but he knew it wasn't good.

~~Flashback 2005~~

Little Chanyeol bid the bus driver goodbye before heading for his small cottage. The house was small but it was big enough to fit the family especially since his dad was hardly home. The only time he had came home was when he had something important to talk about with his mom... 'talk' is not right... they were querrelling non-stop.

He had a little gift prepared on his hand to celebrate Christmas like he always did with his mom. The gift was made by Chanyeol together with a very kind teacher of his. It was a little card containing little Chanyeol's messy handwriting but with the help of the teacher, a touching letter.

Holding the card in his two hands he entered through the door that was 3x his size which seems to be opened.

"Mom?" his immature highpitched voice called out but the sound of his parents quarrelling was too loud for them to hear his voice.

He clenched his little fist causing the card in his palm to crumble, he ran up the stairs and to his room not bothering to take his school bag with him. He flopped himself onto his comfortable bed which right now didn't feel comfortable at all as the fight downstair had darken the atmosphere..

Everytime he heard his mom yell out a tear would fall from his eyes. He pulled the blanket up to his head, covering him completely. 

Shortly he the house was dead silent until the sound of the door opening and closing could be heard.

"Chan-ah" he heard his mom called making him push down the blanket

"Chan-ah, my son, you must remember ok? No matter what happen, No matter how difficult something is, I will always be positive and smile. Good things happen to whoever smiles" 

"I will mom" hearing his mom's voice calmed him down to the point he was able to sleep

"Good night Chan-ah, Goodbye..." she kissed his forehead before heading to the door and closing the lights.

At his age he was unable to understand what she really meant by 'Goodbye' until the next day when he found the house to be completely silence unlike the previous Christmas morning where he was able to smell the sweet smell of his mom's handmade pancakes and cookies, the sound of butter sizzling on the frying pan was to be heard. Today.. nothing... no smell... no sound...

Little Chanyeol reached out for the door knob that was over his head and succeeded, he walked down the staircase that seems like a giants'.

"Mom?" he called out continously but no sound of presence.

He panicked as his baby insticts hit him "Mom!" he ran around the house to find it completely empty.

He ran out the opened door and called out again "Mom!!" nothing responded...

He squat down by the porch hugging his knees as he sobbed his heart out. He then remembered his mom's words last night 'No matter how difficult something is, I will always be positive and smile'

He was unable to keep his promise today... On Christmas Day..

~~End of Flashback~~

Though he was abandoned, his kind teacher that helped him with his Christmas gift for his mom.. well suppose to be.. took him in and raised him as her own. Chanyeol was a handsome, charming young man who always smiled to any guest who came to his house.. He was until Christmas came along, though his teacher treated him like her own son, Chanyeol was unwilling to celebrate Christmas with her or anyone. Everytime on Christmas eve he'd lock himself in his room regardless how many times his teacher called out for him he wouldn't move a single muscle. The only time he'd go out was when it was dinner and the teacher decided not to talk about it as he probably didn't want to mention it..

He's now grown up and working at an office

~~2015 Christmas Night~~

An 18 year old Park Chanyeol, no parents, completely disowned by them after the night of Christmas eve.. The memory that scarred him for life stayed with him.. From that day onwards he was unable to smile on Christmas day. He hated Christmas... Nothing about Christmas made him happy... Not the gifts.. Nothing..

18 year old Chanyeol dropped his lazy body onto the bed of his apartment after a tiring day at work. He picked up the electric table clock and pressed a button making the clock lit up. 

"Ugh.. December 23... Tomorrow is Christmas.." he pushed the clock away causing it to crash onto the ground, he wasn't surprised.. it was intentional..

He raised his forearm to his forehead as the memories of his mom's disappearance played throuh his mind like a broken tape.

"If I hadn't fallen asleep that other day, would I be celebrating Christmas like everyone?" he stared at the sealing through his forearm

He sighed before turning off the table lamp making the room pitch black. He close his eyes and started to list down every reason he hated Christmas. Day of his abandonment, the cold weather, those laughters he won't let out....

The room was silent, he could only hear the sound of the wall clock's hand ticking and his thoughts.

Unable to sleep with the thoughts of his parents abandoning him rushing through his mind he decided to walk around the coastal area near his apartment and let his memories wash away together with the waves.

Changing to some thick outfit not bothering how it looks because since it was past midnight there was probably no one outside

Putting on his sandals he walked out stuffing his hands into his warm pocket then riding the lift to go down before heading to the nearby coastal area which took atleast 5 minutes. He didn't know how science actually works but the coast was a snow-free zone.

He took off his sandals and walked on the coast feeling the soft sand slowly sinking his legs. Though the sand was cold he liked it. While walking on the coast he accidently bumped onto someone causing the someone to fall

"Ah!" a soft cry came from the person

"Oh I'm sorry" Chanyeol apologized and helped  her up.. 

"It's ok~" she brush of the sand that stucked onto her skirt

she raised her hand for a handshake "I'm Hwang Misu"

He shook her hand "Park Chanyeol"

"So what are you doing here so late at night?" Chanyeol asked

"I could ask you the same thing" she responded

"Just need to clear up my mind" he told

"Me too" she said "Maybe we can walk together and discuss our problems?" 

"Ah..."

"Come on~ It won't be that bad" she smiled

"That's fine, I'll just go head back" he point behind him with his thumb before rushing home leaving Misu completely dumbfounded but she just shrugged it off and continued walking down the coast

Meanwhile Chanyeol just layed himself back down on his soft bed finally feeling the need to fall asleep. He took off his jacket lazily before burying his face in his pillow and falling asleep.

~~Next Day~~

He was awoken by a cold breeze blown from the window making him grunt in frustration... Today his mood was terrible.. it was Christmas eve...

He didn't want to do anything this day...

He stayed in bed laying his back flat on the bed until there was a knock on the door... He didn't want to get it, he'd just let whoever it was to give up and leave but the knocking didn't stop

"Ugh!" he force himself up and went to the front door before he could complain his eyes met a familiar female

"Oh! It's you!" she pointed at him

"Park Chanyeol, right?" she smiled  

Chanyeol tried to remember her name but she told her beforehand "It's Misu"

"Ah.."

"Why are you still at home? It's Christmas Eve! " she cheered

Chanyeol face suddenly turn into a frown making Misu wonder if she said something

"What's wrong?" she asked

"I hate Christmas" Chanyeol told wanting to slam the door but couldn't for some reason it was like he didn't want her to leave just yet.

"What? Why? Christmas is like the best thing ever!" Misu cheered but Chanyeol's expression remain emotionless he didn't say anything

"Well I guess you haven't seen the true beauty of Christmas"

"True Beauty?" he scoffed "There's nothing beautiful about Christmas, its just a celebration for those WITH a real family then the ones without one have to sit back and watch as others happily having fun while they stayed quiet in the shadows." this time Chanyeol's eyes glared straight into hers, he doesn't like when people are just complimenting Christmas without knowing how those unable to Celebrate christmas are feeling..

What came out of Misu's mouth was unexpected to Chanyeol.

"Maybe because people without a real family had to hide in the shadows because they didn't want to give Christmas a chance just like you. There's more in Christmas than just spending time with family"

"Forget it" Chanyeol couldn't take it anymore he pushed the door shut but was stopped when the door didn't budge. He peeked through the side and saw Misu was had her hands on the door stopping it from closing

"Please just give it a try, Christmas isn't really what you think it is. Its more than just being with families if you'd just let me help you" 

Chanyeol pulled the door open once again but before he could reject her offer he was pulled by his wrist away from his flat and down the stairs as she considered that she couldn't wait for the lift.

"Ya..! My door!" Chanyeol exclaimed but recieved nothing back from the girl

He just sighed and figured that his neighbor would close it for him, why he didn't worry about it so much? Well because he has nothing he needed in that house, just a bed that stupid people would want to steal..

He didn't know why, he wanted to resist but when he turn to face Misu the strength on his hand completely disappeared as he watch her hair sway side to side as she ran down the stairs with him.

His eyes never left Misu's figure, his heart was racing, it was a feeling he never felt before.. No.. he felt this before.. Everytime his parents fought...  When his mom left him... but this felt different, he liked this feeling it made him happy.

He was dragged to a mall nearby it was very crowded, the sound of children's laughter filled the air which made Chanyeol glare at who knows who, he was pretty much glaring at everyone in the streets.

Misu finally lets go of Chanyeol's wrist which actually made him feel at lost..

The cold wind followed by the icy snowflake brushed across his face, luckily for him he had worn a jacket just before he had opened the door so he was able to keep warm. 

He stuffed his hands into the jacket's pocket as he walk around the crowded floor when he felt something hit the back of his neck giving him the chills. He reached out to touch what hit him... it was cold, he turn to find the source of this and found Misu standing a few meters away laughing.

Chanyeol tilted his head abit and pointed at here as if asking "Was that you?"

Misu shook her head not-so-innocently before throwing another snowball at him barely missing his head

"Ya!" he brushed off the snow then bent down to roll up a snowball but when he looked up Misu was gone, he looked around and just when he turned 90 degrees he was hit by a snowball on his face

He heard a familiar laugh from a distance 

"Oh.. It's on!" he wiped off the snow on his face to see Misu running away while laughing. Will his snowball in hand he ran after Misu throwing the snowball purposely missing to scare her. Hearing her shriek was satisfying he started rolling up the snowball not paying attention to what was in front of him, not knowing that Misu had stopped running and begging to stop.

Just as he looked up he crashed into Misu causing her to trip on the snow followed by Chanyeol on top of Misu, faces few inches away. Their hearts' respond to this were identical, they were racing as their warm breaths brushed across each others' faces.

It took a while before Chanyeol realised what he was doing, he immediately got of and clear his throat before helping Misu who then brushed off the snow on her skirt

"I'm sorry" he murmured slightly blushing, Misu who tried to heal the awkward atmosphere laughed "lucky it's snowing! and I'm sorry too"

Chanyeol looked around noticing that they weren't at the mall anymore, they were at the park. Since they were already here they decided to walk around here.

"Oh!" Misu suddenly broke the silence slightly giving Chanyeol a fright "Have to tried snow angels?" she asked making him frown

"Come on!" she pulled him by his wrist again and pulling him down making him sit on the cold snow

"Just lay down and flap your arms and legs like this" she layed down and did the snow angel on the cold thick snow. 

Chanyeol look at her slightly confused before proceeding to do like she instructed, he felt.. relaxed ... for the first time on Christmas Day he didn't think about hating Christmas.

Feeling the cold breeze blowing the anger feeling towards Christmas, he was able to forget that he actually hated Christmas.

"Relaxing isn't it?" Chanyeol heard a soft voice beside him making him turn to his side seeing Misu laying on her side smiling, Chanyeol respond with a simple nod

Time flew and the sun was already setting, the sky slowly turned from bright sky blue to dark blue. 

"This is the best time of the day!" Misu got off the snow and cheered pulling Chanyeol to get up.

"I want show you one of the biggest Christmas tree in the town!" she showed her charming eye smile which awoken the dormant butterflies in his belly.

He was once again dragged by Misu to the opposite side of the park before crossing the road towards a different park, they went through a dark alley, no lights shine in the alley they could hardly see where they were going, the alley open up to a bright colorful lit up park. 

Dangling lights hanging on trees and fences, Misu let go of Chanyeol's arm and freely walked around checking out ever corner of the park with admiration in her eyes. 

Chanyeol just followed behind unconciously staring at Misu with a smile on his face... Just when Misu turned to face Chanyeol waving his hand telling him to hurry up. They were walking side by side as they walked closer and closer to the giant christmas tree the atmosphere slowly got brighter each step they took towards the christmas tree.

"There it is!" she pointed, her eyes lit up at the sight of the giant christmas tree "We write our wish and hang up on that tree! Let's go write a wish" she pulled him by his wrist closer to the tree and took a paper provided by some stranger and begin writing her wish, Chanyeol on the other hand wasn't much interested.

"done!" Misu tied a string to the paper and reach out to hang the paper high up the tree but couldn't reach it, she suddenly felt an arm just below her waist and her body started going up

"Woah~" she felt her body slightly swaying side to side before becoming stable "Chanyeol?" she look down at Chanyeol who was carrying her due to the difference in size it was no problem for him.

Misu smiled at Chanyeol before hanging up the paper on the tree then telling him to put her down, Chanyeol gently put her back to her feet 

"Thanks" 

"What did you wish for?" Chanyeol asked curiously

"What I wish... I wish for you to stop hating christmas " she smiled 

Misu took out her phone and turn on the front camera, she wrapped her arms around Chanyeol's and holding carema up high to fit them in the photo

"Smile~" she shook his arm with hers while smiling, Chanyeol can't help but smile back at Misu

She tap on the screen taking a picture of them both happy 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were tired they called it a night, Chanyeol went back home.

"I had fun Chanyeol, Thank you" she smiled at Chanyeol who was already standing at his door step

"I did too"

"Why don't you find my house then we'll spend another time together" she laughed 

"Maybe"

Misu reached out and stuck something on top of his door before leaning in giving a quick peck on his lips then rushing to the lift slowly disappearing from Chanyeol sight

Chanyeol still shocked by what happened, he look at what she placed on top of his door and saw a mistletoe... He touched his lips still feeling as if their lips were still touching

He can't help but smile... For once in 10 years he was able to smile On Christmas Day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ughh I don't know what I just wrote >~<