storms and cuddles

A sweet wind called "you" is blowing into my heart

Jiyong feels his anxiety starting to crawl up after seeing the clouds turn gray. The news said there was a storm coming and he thought he would be okay after baking brownies and cookies but hours later, his knees are slightly trembling as he closes his curtains. A shaky exhale escapes him when he hears the rain falling. You can do this Jiyong.

He glances at the Toy Story wall clock (that he asks Youngbae to put up for him, it took so much coaxing because damnit Ji, that is making my manliness decrease but Jiyong looked at his best friend with his best puppy eyes and wobbly lips and said best friend was already on his way to borrow a ladder within seconds), it’s only 7:30 and Youngbae won’t be home until 11PM. Jiyong starts pacing through their living room, there isn’t much space thanks to Youngbae’s hat and shoes collection, and some boxes tucked away in the corner filled with Jiyong’s books. (although Jiyong will never admit that. Besides said books all have a sentimental value for him so giving them away even to charity will take so much time.) His worry increases by the second and he can’t seem to shake it off no matter how many steps he makes or cute things he thinks about.

He barely notices his surrounding starting to get dark until he sees a flash of light through his curtains so he quickly covers his ears and closes his eyes because of what is about to come. A loud crash and booming replaced the pitter-patter of the rain and Jiyong slowly sinks to his knees on the floor whilst shaking his head and chanting a repetitive “no”. He pleads the heavens to stop the thunderstorm but it is probably too loud for the Gods above to hear him and the thunderstorm becomes more intense.

Not being able to withstand it all anymore, Jiyong crawls his way to his room and locked the door before jumping in his bed and pulling the covers over his head. He can still hear the roaring of thunders from his room and even the scent of his lavender detergent is not helping him calm down. He hugs his knees to his chest in the hopes his trembling would stop but to no avail. The storm has gotten stronger that Jiyong starts breaking down, feeling completely helpless and terrified.

He reaches for his phone with trembling hand, his thumb hovering Seunghyun’s name. He knows the older is busy studying since finals are just around the corner and being a double major is not easy and he really doesn’t have the heart to disturb his boyfriend. He’s already caused enough problems the past few days and he doesn’t want to burden Seunghyun anymore.

It has been two months since both of them came to a conclusion that they should take things to the next level between them, Jiyong was so happy that he cried and Seunghyun just laughed and kissed his tears away. The older made Jiyong promise that whatever troubles him, he will call Seunghyun. It’s partly embarrassing to always depend on other people, he doesn’t want to get the impression that he can’t do anything by himself and he had established from the very start that he is a put together adult and will man up with everything that comes his way but he often ends up calling his boyfriend for help. (He once changed Seunghyun’s name on his phone from “Hyunnie” to “My Knight in Shining Armor” but changed it back again that same day because WTH Jiyong?! What are you, a damsel in distress?? A 16 year old? Get a hold of yourself, damnit.

A roaring sound startles him and he accidentally swipes on his screen. He gasps when he sees his phone calling Seunghyun and he is about to cancel when he hears Seunghyun’s voice from the other line.

“Hello?” Seunghyun’s voice is so thick and velvety, Jiyong cries every time because of how y his boyfriend’s voice is and how y he is in general but right now he is crying for a different reason.

“H-hyun..” it comes out like a whimper and Jiyong can hear a shuffling sound from the other line.

“Ji. Are you crying? What’s wrong? Where are you?” Jiyong can sense the worry in Seunghyun’s voice so he just shakes his head. He tries to speak again but his mouth betrays him and lets out another hiccup.

“No-“ he sniffles, “I- I’m so sorry for calling you. I know you’re busy but there is this thunderstorm and I’m scared of thunders, Hyunnie. I didn’t mean to disturb you but I got so surprised and accidentally called you.” Jiyong explains, he hopes he doesn’t sound too desperate but he sniffles in between words and his voice is so small.

“I told you to call me remember? What kind of boyfriend would I be if I don’t help you especially at times like this?” There is more movement from Seunghyun, sounds of zippers zipping, more shuffling, keys dangling and a faint sound of doors closing. “I’ll be there as quick as I can, okay?”

Jiyong wants to say because it is storming violently outside, it may not be safe for Seunghyun to drive but it is storming violently outside and Jiyong has lost all his powers to think properly and right now all he needs is to be in Seunghyun’s arms to help him calm down.  

“Okay.”

“If you sing the Pororo theme song for more than 10 times, I will be there before you know it.”

“Don’t rush, take your time. I- I’ll be okay.”

“Hi Pororo!” Seunghyun chirps and Jiyong has to bite his lip to stop himself from smiling.

“Seunghyun..” Jiyong warns.

“Hello friends, hello my best friends.”  

Jiyong groans but soon joins Seunghyun anyway, singing his heart out to Pororo’s theme song.

Seunghyun on the other hand stops singing halfway so he can drive properly. Take your time my , Seunghyun thinks. There is no way he is taking his time when Jiyong is probably tucked away in his dark room, quivering in fear and eyes red from crying.

By the time Jiyong’s on his 15th repetition of the song, Seunghyun arrives at Jiyong’s apartment. He knows where the extra key is hidden so he doesn’t hesitate using it to let himself in. He briskly makes his way to Jiyong’s room and softly knocks on the door.

“Hyunnie?” Jiyong stops singing and Seunghyun hears footsteps from the other side of the door before it opens. Seunghyun is welcomed with a pair of arms pulling him in for a bone-crushing hug. “You came! You came!”

“Even if I was at the other side of the country, I’d drive myself to where you are just to make sure you’re okay.” Seunghyun simply says and reciprocates the younger’s hug. He smells like lavender and baked sweets mixed with Jiyong’s own intoxicating scent. He buries his nose in the younger’s hair and they both stay like that for a while before Jiyong pulls away and beams up at his boyfriend.

Jiyong’s eyes and nose are still red from crying but he is smiling from ear to ear. (Suddenly Seunghyun’s anger towards the thunderstorm jumps out of the window because how can he have anger in his heart when there is literally an angel standing in front of him and smiling up at him.)

“You’re too wonderful, Hyunnie. You didn’t have to come all the way here to check on me. You were busy studying yet you still came here.”

“But I did. I did because I wanted to. Don’t worry about it okay? I wouldn’t get any studying anyway if I was at home worrying about you.” Seunghyun assures him and gives him a light squeeze causing Jiyong to snuggle closer. He has his face against Seunghyun’s strong and broad chest and sometimes it confuses him how his boyfriend has not made it to the list of gods on queue to have their own sculptures displayed in museums all over the world yet.

“What did I ever do to deserve someone like you?” Jiyong whispers against the fabric of Seunghyun’s shirt. He can feel the other’s warmth even through his clothes and he wishes he can sleep this very instant.

“I am constantly asking myself the same question you know. What did I do to deserve someone so charming and magnificent like you?”

Jiyong giggles and playfully hits Seunghyun’s chest after he pulled back. “You’re just saying that because you feel sorry for making me sing the Pororo theme song over and over again.”

Seunghyun laughs and shakes his head. “Of course not. I am very hurt right now Jiyong. I never expected you’d think of me that way!”

Jiyong gasps and looks at Seunghyun all hurt, he knows the older is just playing with him. “You’re so mean, Seunghyun Choi!”

“Oh am I really?” Seunghyun smirks and his fingers began some sensitive area on Jiyong’s side, madly tickling him. Jiyong squirms and squeals, trying his best to run away but Seunghyun have insanely long limbs and catches him. But Jiyong is not the type to back down so he fights back by tickling Seunghyun as well.

Their tickle doesn’t last for too long since Jiyong is already heaving and his face is red from laughing way too much. Seunghyun on the other hand is aiding his aching cheeks from smiling a lot.

 

It’s still pouring outside by the time they both return to their senses.

Seunghyun is in the kitchen, preparing a glass of warm milk for Jiyong to help him sleep better.

Even with a car, Jiyong knows it’s too late for Seunghyun to return home and the roads are slippery. He starts to nervously chew on his bottom lip as he stares down at his feet. Seunghyun has never stayed for the night yet, same goes for Jiyong. They haven’t even gone far from steamy make outs on Seunghyun’s couch. Jiyong knows Seunghyun is a gentleman and mentions during the first few days of their relationship that they should take things slow. (read: but if you ask Seunghyun, he’d dumbly say: I just don’t want to taint Jiyong yet- he is too adorable for that) So asking Seunghyun to spend the night with him makes him very nervous. What if things change between them?

“Here you go.” Seunghyun announces as he walks out of the kitchen with a glass of milk in hand. Jiyong almost jumps from where he is seated and blinks at Seunghyun. “Did I scare you?”

“N-no. I was just thinking..”

“About?” Seunghyun asks with a raised eyebrow as he takes the spot next to Jiyong.

“It’s uh-“ Jiyong takes a deep breath and looks down at his feet again, wiggling his toes for a bit to distract him “it’s getting very late and the rain hasn’t stopped and I don’t think Youngbae will even come home tonight. There might be a thunderstorm again and I don’t want to be alone tonight. I know it sounds selfish but I promise it isn’t. I mean- I’m probably just making excuses so I can ask you to stay the night?”

“Oh.” Jiyong holds his breath as he waits for Seunghyun to finish his sentence. He keeps his eyes on his wiggling toes to try and get rid of that sudden aching in his chest in case Seunghyun refuses. “Jiyong, look at me please.” Seunghyun gently shifts Jiyong to make the younger face him but Jiyong is still too scared to look at him, afraid to be rejected. “Ji.. please.” But Seunghyun’s voice is so soft and he his Jiyong’s arms so the younger gives in and looks at Seunghyun through his watery eyes. “Ssh. I’m staying, I would love to spend the night with you Ji. And did you really think I’d leave without waiting for Youngbae to return home?”

“I don’t know- maybe? Maybe no.”

“You have a low confidence in me, Jiyong.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Come here.” Seunghyun coos and Jiyong climbs on Seunghyun’s lap and stays there until his eyes feel heavy.

 

They fight a little about where Seunghyun is going to sleep. Seunghyun being the gentleman that he is insists he sleeps on the couch but Jiyong tells him he is too tall and large to fit in the couch so he offers to sleep next to him on his bed instead. In the end Jiyong wins because no one wins against Jiyong’s puppy eyes and pout.

“I uh.. I don’t have any clothes to lend you. My pyjama pants are too small for you, same with my shirts.” Jiyong sighs as he stands in front of his open closet, trying to look for clothes that will actually fit his broader boyfriend.

“I’m okay with no pants if you are.” Jiyong freezes and suddenly he is so nervous again. He steps closer to his closet until his face is pressed against the soft fabric of his shirts to hide his scarlet and burning face.

“O-okay, no pants it is. Y-you sh-should shower.” Jiyong wishes his voice doesn’t crack and he can only breathe when he hears the bathroom door closes. He jumps in bed and thinks of BMO, Pororo, and other cartoon characters he can think about to stop himself from constantly fidgeting and his heart to stop beating too fast. He turns on his back and curls on his side when he hears the shower being turned off and he finally thinks of Lotso because that bear gives him the creeps. It doesn’t take long before he is breathing evenly again and he rolls on his back as he waited for Seunghyun to come out of the bathroom.

Seunghyun is beaming at him by the time he emerges out of the bathroom, wearing a pair of boxers and oh my god why is he not wearing a shirt?! Why is his chest showing like that? aND WAIT ARE THOSE ABS?! Jiyong is having an internal struggle but he reminds himself that he is a put together adult and that he should act accordingly. So when Seunghyun finally joins him in bed, he forces a smile and tries his best to not look too much at his boyfriend’s perfectly tanned skin.

“You can stare and touch you know.”

Jiyong lets out a nervous laughter and nods. “Silly. I- yeah- okay.” Jiyong squirms again and slowly inches closer until his head is resting on Seunghyun’s chest and somehow his arm and leg found their way over Seunghyun’s body and he is practically clinging on the other like his life depended on it. But he can’t seem to find it in him to pull away because hugging Seunghyun like this feels so nice. Being this close to Seunghyun is like finally getting a shower in the middle of summer, sitting by a fireplace while it’s snowing hard outside, curling under the covers while listening to the sounds of raindrops, and watching the flowers bloom during spring.

“God, why didn’t we cuddle sooner?” Seunghyun chuckles as he wraps his own arms around Jiyong and tangles his leg with the younger’s.

“No idea but this feels so good.” Jiyong hums as he snuggles closer, his eyes closing and lips forming a soft smile.”

“Thank you for letting me stay the night.”

“Thank you for coming over.”