horror film and first kiss

A sweet wind called "you" is blowing into my heart

Jiyong hates horror movies. He hates how there are screaming, thrilling background music, characters running and simply everything about horror movies because he is scared as . So scared he can his pants in an instant. Every fibre of his being leaves him just by thinking of horror movies. But at this point, nothing can beat his hatred towards his best friend, Dong Youngbumblee.

Jiyong should have known better not to make any bets with that sleazy and most of the time greasy best friend of his especially if it is about scoring a date with that hot and beautiful noona who works at the music store downtown. He was sure that noona, Hyorin, would never take a glance at his best friend but jokes on him because three hours ago Youngbae showed up with a smug grin on his face, Hyorin’s number and a date in two days. Huh.

So now he is standing in front of the cinema with trembling fingers and probably tear stained cheeks from crying (read: begging) because Youngbae, my best bro, my ultimate brother, my soulpartner, my bro for life, I will never make it alive if you make me watch that movie. But best friend forever now enemy forever just shook his head and handed him the ticket. Jiyong is a man of his words. His parents taught him to keep his promises and man up with anything that comes his way. He thought of running away and disobeying his parents for once but his mother is the nicest woman on Earth and his father is amazing, he can never disappoint them.

Jiyong trudges inside, the staff giving him the hurry up, the movie is about to start and I have been holding these doors open for you for about a minute now look. He smiles apologetically as he hands her the ticket with shaking and sweating hands. It is dark and cold inside and Jiyong wants to turn back but the staff is following him with a flashlight to assist him in finding a seat so he mans up and chooses a seat a few rows from the screen. He whimpers when the staff leaves and regrets not looking at the seats better because the row is empty and what if someone suddenly grabs his feet?

He gulps and is about to stand up when finally a man, Jiyong can’t see his face properly thanks to the dim light and the video playing on the screen is not really helping him see any better, larger in built than him suddenly sits a seat away from him. He feels relieved that someone is finally here with him because Thank God someone will notice and witness in case the creepy ghost from the movie appears in front of me and takes me away.

The movie starts right away and Jiyong only blinks. He forgot to pray. He grips his armrest tight and sinks deeper in his chair.

 

 

“Um, hey.” Jiyong hears someone whispers. He almost screams when he feels someone pat his shoulder. He opens his eyes and looks wide eyed at the man staring back at him.

“Oh good! I thought you passed out or something.”  The guy chuckles. And Jiyong is still frozen and speechless. It takes him a few minutes before he finally recovers and remembers where he is before flinging himself towards the other person.

“Help me! Oh my god!” He sobs against the man’s strong and broad chest. Damn this guy is hot.

Hot guy chuckles again before he answers. “Okay but I really love this movie, can it wait for a bit?”

Hot guy with strong and broad chest and probably amazing arms and thick thighs has deep and y voice that is so calming in a way Jiyong is struggling to pull away but he does anyway because who hugs strangers in public and cries on their chest. He looks up at the guy and nods at him.

“Sorry. It’s just- I’m scared of movies like this one and my stupid best friend, I hate him so much, made me watch one and I’m really scared I want to go home but I can’t because I am a man of my words and I am put together adult- and I am rambling! I’m so sorry!” Jiyong waves his hands frantically and is seconds away from standing up to give the man a 90° bow when the guy stops him.

“It’s fine. I also hate it when my friends force me into doing things I hate but just like you I am also a man of my words.”

Jiyong smiles at him through the dark and he squints his eyes to have a better look at the smiling man in front of him. He gasps when he sees dark eyes, sharp jawlines, strong features that have Jiyong gripping his armrest again. He almost forgets the movie playing until there is a deafening scream that has him screaming again.

“Oh my god! Oh god! Jesus!” He leans forward and grabs the front of the man’s shirt and looks at him with pleading eyes. “Mr. Kind Stranger Sir, please, please, hold my hand for emotional support.”

“Okay. But only if you call me Seunghyun.”

“Seunghyun! Thank you! I’m Kwon Jiyong and I li- AAAHHHH!!!! NO!” He cuts himself because another scream startled him.

Seunghyun then takes his hand and holds it protectively all throughout the remaining of the movie. Seunghyun’s hand is larger than his and the difference in size makes him feel so secured and safe. Jiyong doesn’t let go of Seunghyun’s warm and soft and beautiful hand until the credits start rolling. When the lights , Jiyong immediately turns to Seunghyun and gives him his brightest smile. And damn he is so right about Seunghyun being the most handsome man to ever walk in his life, no to ever walk in this universe.

 

 

“Are you doing something else after this?” Seunghyun is the first to break the silence. They are now walking out of the cinema hand in hand. And Jiyong wishes Seunghyun wouldn’t let go yet.

“No.” Jiyong shakes his head sheepishly. He hopes he is not blushing because it would be very embarrassing if he was. As if crying against a stranger’s chest and begging him to hold hands weren’t embarrassing enough.

“Good because I’m taking you to an ice-cream parlour. Study shows that eating ice-cream makes a person feel better.” Seunghyun smiles and Jiyong falls in love.

 

 

They are sitting in front of each other with their ice-creams at some shop. Although Seunghyun has let his hand go, Jiyong can still feel the other man’s warmth in his hand, besides, their knees are touching under the table anyway because Seunghyun is so tall Jiyong has to look up and strain his neck just to see Seunghyun better so he is glad they are seated now. They talk about so many things. Like how Seunghyun is double majoring Arts and Business Economics and up to the little things like Seunghyun’s favourite bungeoppang store. Bungeoppang, Jiyong believes, is essential in a person’s daily life, okay.

Jiyong shares details about himself as well. It should be quite alarming to share about yourself to a man you just met but there is something about Seunghyun that made Jiyong want to open up to him so fast. It’s like he has known Seunghyun for a long time.

Seunghyun smiles countless times and Jiyong stops counting the number of times he falls in love.

 

“I should take you back to your place. You know, to make sure you made it home safe.”  Seunghyun suggests as they are heading out of the ice-cream parlour. Jiyong wants to reach and hold his hand but brings his hand to his burning cheek instead.

“That’s very nice of you.”

“Hey, I’m Mr. Kind Stranger, remember?”

“Silly.” Jiyong laughs and follows Seunghyun to where the other man said his car was.

The drive is filled with laughter as they continue talking. Seunghyun enjoys making jokes and Jiyong thinks Seunghyun is very funny.

“So.. this is me.” Jiyong announces as soon as the car stops. He almost doesn’t want to say good bye because it was so fun spending time with Seunghyun. Maybe if he pretends that Youngbae is not at home and he forgot his key, maybe Seunghyun would want to spend more time with him but the lights are on in their shared apartment so he cannot use that excuse. Besides Seunghyun had been so nice, it hurts to lie at him.

“Yeah. I- I had fun. I haven’t had so much fun in so long. Thank you, Jiyong.” Jiyong looks up from his lap and smiles tenderly at the other man.

“No, thank you. Thank you for everything. Would you want to come inside and have tea? It’s the least that I can do for being so kind to me tonight.” Jiyong wishes for the man to accept his offer but Seunghyun only gives him an apologetic smile.

“I have to decline, I’m sorry.”

Jiyong holds his breath and reaches for the door lock to help himself out. He has to admit that he is very much disappointed and heartbroken because he is not even sure if he will see Seunghyun again after this. And Seunghyun is such a great company he wants to keep him for a while.

“But  I have more free time tomorrow night and I can stay for tea. A lot of it actually.”

Jiyong stares at him with sparkly eyes and a grin forms over his lips mimicking Seunghyun’s own charming smile.

“Tomorrow then!” Jiyong turns to him properly and holds out his pinky finger. “You have to promise me because I will be preparing magnificent tea and I’d be very sad if you don’t come. So Promise!!”

Seunghyun blinks for two second before he smiles again. What he does next catches Jiyong off-guard but he has no complains because Seunghyun is kissing him sweetly. Jiyong almost cries because the kiss is so gentle, so tender. The best kiss Jiyong has ever received in his entire life.

“Always seal the promise with a kiss. Or was it too fast for you?” Seunghyun asks warily once he pulls away. His lips glistening and Jiyong wants to kiss them again because they felt amazing against his.

“No.” Jiyong whispers. “It was perfect. You’re perfect.”

Seunghyun smiles and kisses Jiyong again.

 

 

Jiyong does not hate his best friend anymore. Horror movies are not that bad after all especially if someone like Seunghyun comes to rescue him from his distress and makes him fall in love numerous times in a night.

Jiyong will definitely watch horror movies again especially now that he has Seunghyun to hold his hand when he gets scared, hug him when he has to cry and kiss his suffering away.