Chapter 22: N.E.W Club

Secrets & Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re up early.”

Donghae glanced down at his boyfriend who was watching him with sleepy eyes. He had just returned from an early jog, dropping by a restaurant and getting Eunhyuk breakfast while he was on the way home. Donghae smiled and took a seat on the bed next to him, tilting his head to kiss soft lips.

“Good morning, babe.” Donghae greeted, pressing his lips against Eunhyuk’s over and over again, deepening the kiss as he did so.

Eunhyuk smiled into the kiss, his cheeks turning a dark shade of pink. They kissed for some time, lips pressing against each other’s, alternating between nibbling and pecking, kissing softly one minute and then passionately the next. It was like time had stopped as Donghae and Eunhyuk took the time exploring each other’s mouth. Eunhyuk’s back hit the mattress behind him as Donghae softly pushed him down and straddled over him, with one arm bracing his weight while he cupped Eunhyuk’s face with the other hand.

Eunhyuk’s hand moved from Donghae’s face to his solid chest and then slipped his hands under his shirt, fingernails scrapping against Donghae’s abs. Donghae released a moan and without realizing, begun grounding down on Eunhyuk. He finally broke the kiss, lips travelling down Eunhyuk’s smooth neck, and then . He felt Eunhyuk tensing and then and Donghae grinned. Eunhyuk was enjoying this just as much as he was.

“Hae,” Eunhyuk whispered, “Hae… I…I think someone’s calling you.”

Donghae paused and groaned when he realized that Eunhyuk was right. His phone was vibrating. Donghae groaned, annoyed that he was being interrupted and the stretched out to grab the phone, answering it without checking who it was.

“Donghae!”

Donghae frowned, “You better have to good reason for calling me this early on a Saturday.”

 On the other side of the phone, Sungmin scoffed, “It’s already eleven and we need to meet. I think I found out the reason why we’re being targeted by H.”

“Minnie, it’s too early to discuss this.” Donghae sighed while he gazed down at Eunhyuk who was stifling a laugh. “And I’m kinda busy right now.”

As if on cue, Donghae squeezed his eyes when he felt hands travelling down his bare chest and then past his waistband. Eunhyuk smirked at him as he begun messaging Donghae’s member. Donghae bit his lips, attempting not to moan. Damn, that felt damn good.

“What are you doing?” Sungmin questioned.

“Homework,” Donghae responded without a second.

“Are you kidding me? You don’t even do homework.”

When Eunhyuk squeezed Donghae’s member, Donghae accidentally released a moan. He quickly pulled Eunhyuk’s hands out of his pants and scrambled off the bed, as far as he could from Eunyuk who was laughing his off silently. Holy , he just moaned on the phone. There was no way Sungmin couldn’t have heard that.

“Busy huh?” Sungmin said and Donghae could have sworn, he heard Sungmin trying to stifle a laugh. “Are you busy or are you getting busy?”

“Gosh, you’re annoying.” Donghae whispered into the phone, not being able to hide the silly smile on his face. Okay, he had to admit. It was kind of funny. “Have you called Ryeowook? Does he need a ride?”

“Yeah, I did. He slept over at Kyuhyun’s so he’s going to drop him off. You don’t have to worry about him.” Sungmin sighed into the phone, “Looks like both of you were getting busy weren’t you last night?”

“Oh, as if Ryeowook and I are the only ones that slept over at our boyfriend’s houses.”

There was silence over the phone before Sungmin stammered, “How… How did you know?”

Donghae smirked. Lee Sungmin stammering over the phone… That was definitely new. “I’ll tell you later.”

“Okay. See you later, Hae.”

Donghae bid goodbye to his friend and then tossed his phone aside, ready to jump back into bed. His boyfriend however, had already gotten up, pushing the covers aside and was currently seated crossed-legged on the bed, watching him with an unreadable expression.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Donghae asked, as he neared the bed.

“Was that Sungmin?”

Donghae nodded and Eunhyuk continued, “You guys sounded pretty close.”

Donghae laughed, “Yeah. We are.”

“You said you weren’t when we first met.”

“We’ve been hanging out a lot over the past few days.” Donghae explained.

Eunhyuk sighed and then hugged his knees to his body, “Do you have to leave later?”

“I… Uh… Yeah.”

Eunhyuk’s lower lip trembled as he looked away. “Okay.”

“I’ll come back as soon as I can, alright?” Donghae reassured Eunhyuk, getting off the bed and then walking towards the study table, grabbing the tray of food. “Before I leave, let’s have breakfast.”

Eunhyuk’s eyes sparkled as he eyed the tray of food, “Did you make all of that?”

“Pffft, no. If I did, your house would already be on fire.” Donghae joked, “I went out for a morning jog and bought breakfast while I was on the way back. The cheesecake’s made by mother though. I went home to shower and mum offered me to bring some for you.”

“She’s so sweet.”

“Well, she knows that her son has a weakness for the hot new neighbour.”

“Your…Your mother knows about… Us?”

 “She doesn’t,” Donghae admitted softly, “But I’m dropping hints and I… I think she’s starting to catch on.”

“Why’d you say that?”

“Because she thinks you’re a nice guy and she wants me to hang out with you more.” Donghae then added, “And she’s always asking me to call you over for dinner.”

“Which you never do.” Eunhyuk pointed out.

Donghae smiled sheepishly, “To be fair, I’m never home for dinner too. I’ve been busy these past few days.”

Eunhyuk dramatically sighed, shaking his head. “It’s so difficult having a jock boyfriend.”

Donghae laughed and then poured the orange juice into the two glasses, handing one to Eunhyuk. “Hyuk… I’m really… Sorry about yesterday.”

Eunhyuk sighed. “I know you are.”

“I’ve never… Experienced this before… I… I’m always the one with the best reputation amongst my team.” Donghae admitted truthfully, “I’m scared of what everyone at school will think of me once they find out that I’m gay.”

Eunhyuk ran his fingers through Donghae’s hair, combing the messy locks as he stared into his eyes. “Hae, I’m not asking you to tell the whole world that you’re gay, I’m not even asking you to tell anyone that you’re going out with me. I just want you to at least acknowledge me as your friend when we’re in school.”

“If it was Sungmin or Ryeowook, I bet you would stop the boys from bullying them, wouldn’t you?” Eunhyuk questioned.

Donghae nodded and softly grabbed Eunhyuk’s hands and kissed his knuckles, “I promise, I’ll treat you better from now on.”

***

“Wow, you look like death.”

Ryeowook rolled his eyes at his friend’s straight-forwardness as he slipped into the seat next to Donghae. The poor boy looked pale and tired with dark circles under his eyes. Sungmin grabbed a plate and offered Ryeowook some chicken casserole that his mum had baked early in the morning before going off to work. They had planned to meet up at Sungmin’s place for lunch. Ryeowook thanked Sungmin and then pushed his phone towards his two friends. Sungmin grabbed his phone first, and read what was on the screen.

“What’s wrong?” Donghae asked Sungmin.

“Kim Heechul, dead. Kim Youngwoon, dead. Kim Ryeowook, next.” Sungmin read aloud, and then informed Donghae. “H sent this to him.”

“,” Donghae cursed. “No wonder you look like that.”

Sungmin gave Donghae a warning look before turning his attention back to Ryeowook and patting his back. “Did you sleep at all last night?”

“No, I was too afraid.” Ryeowook ran a hand over his face as he pushed his plate of food away. “I’m not even hungry.”

“Weren’t you with Kyuhyun last night?” Donghae questioned.

“We were watching a movie and he fell asleep.” Ryeowook explained, “I didn’t want to wake him up so I just stayed over. But I couldn’t sleep. I kept waking up at every little noise.”

“Speaking of which, how did you know that I was at Yesung’s last night?” Yesung asked, his forehead creasing.

Donghae pulled out the tracking device Kibum had dropped and then placed it on the table. Sungmin, as always, grabbed it first, looking it over and then pressing the only button on the device. Sungmin’s eyes scanned the screen.

“This is a tracking device.” Sungmin pointed out in less than a second. “Where did you find this?”

“Kibum.” Donghae then went on to recall everything that had happened the night before. He told them everything from how Kibum attacked Eunhyuk to his confrontation with Kibum to the part where Kibum had texted him earlier this morning telling Donghae that H had revealed his secret and Kibum was now expelled from school. Donghae told them everything except for the most important part – The one where Kibum thought that it was Kyuhyun. Somehow, Donghae couldn’t say it out loud. Not with Ryeowook right here. He didn’t want to hurt Ryeowook’s feelings.

“So ‘H’s team’ have been following us around all this time?” Ryeowook asked as he glanced at the tracking device. “That’s… Creepy.”

“I think the fact that H has a team is creepier.” Muttered Donghae, “Blackmailing everyone with their secrets. That’s just evil.”

“That’s not evil.” Sungmin remarked, “That’s a classic Heechul move.”

Sungmin then pulled out his phone and then showed Donghae and Ryeowook a picture he had taken.

“What’s this? Isn’t that Mr. Kim?” Ryeowook pointed at the screen. “And isn’t that Kangin and Yunho?”

Sungmin nodded. “I did some research and found that Yesung used to be friends with Kangin and Yunho so I met him last night.”

“He admitted that he was friends with them and they were in a secret club called N.E.W.”

“Wait a minute,” Ryeowook interrupted, recognition drawn on his face. “Wasn’t Heechul in that club too? Donghae found a letter with Heechul’s handwriting, didn’t he? Heechul wrote something about the N.E.W club.”

Sungmin nodded once again, “The N.E.W club stands for ‘Know Everything Wolves.’”

“Yunho’s the leader of the club.” Sungmin continued, “Yunho, Kangin, Yesung and some guy named Leeteuk were members of that club. Yunho and Kangin were the popular kids in school, Yesung was the smart one while Leeteuk was the computer expert.”

Donghae scratch his head, confused. “Okay, so…. What does this have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter