Don't Bother

Something Like Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a beautiful day, and as per usual, I was outside in one of the several courtyards scattered around campus, sitting on a bench reading a book. Although it was lunch time, I didn't really have an appetite to eat. I just wanted to be alone. Looking up from the book, I stared at the clear blue skies above as a breeze lightly hit my face before sweeping through my hair. I could feel my hair flowing with the breeze as I set my book down on my lap and closed my eyes to enjoy the silence and nature.

As I sat there on the bench, taking in the fresh air and enjoying the relaxing moment, I heard someone yell my name — much to my annoyance.

"Yah! Sora!" I heard my best friend call me.

"What?" I sighed as I opened my book again tried to read a sentence before Na Eun started talking about things I really didn't care for. She had a habit of rambling about random gossip she overheard from other girls in bathrooms, hallways, anywhere really. Most of the time she actually believed most of the gossiping, which I found to be rather stupid because not everything that someone says was always true.

"Excuse you," she responded.

"What?"

"You're being rude," she poked me in the side causing me to jump. She knew my weakness — I was extremely ticklish.

"Again," she huffed as she looked at me and placed her hands on her hips.

I giggled a little as I bookmarked my place in the book and closed the book as I set it down next to me.

"What is it Na Eun?" giving her my full undivided attention. Although I didn't want to really hear what she had to say. I wasn't being mean or anything, but sometimes she would go a little too far.

She smiled widely "That's more like it. Now -" she looked around to make sure the coast was clear. I raised my eyebrow at her wondering what she was doing or what she was about to tell me that seemed like it was very important. "You know that guy, hmm what's his name?" she waved her hands as if trying to remember.

"What guy?" I asked not really interested what she had to say. Just the mention of a guy, made me want to get up and walk away, but she's my best friend so I couldn't exactly do that.

"Shhhh. Keep your voice down! He might -" she looked around the courtyard that was full of trees. "Hear us," she finished. I snorted because I forgot how ridiculous she could get.

"What guy?" I asked growing impatient.

"Park Jimin," she snapped her fingers. Just her mentioning his name was enough for me. I didn't want to listen anymore, I could care less about a guy like that.

"I don't want to hear it," I said as I grabbed my book and shoved it into my bag as I stood up.

"Oh come on!" she said grabbing my wrist.

"No. I don't want to know anything about him," I said stubbornly as I pulled her hand away from my wrist and grabbed my back bag to leave the courtyard.

"Him and his girlfriend broke up!" she hissed quickly as she stood up and grabbed me by the wrist and yanked me back down to sit on the bench.

"T-They did? W-why?" I asked hesitantly. For a split second, I wondered why they broke up but I quickly shook that thought out of my head because it didn't concern me at all.

"Isn't this supposed to be good news for you?" she asked tilting her head to the side. Suddenly the bell rang indicating that lunch was over, I was literally saved by the bell.

"Well, it's time to go back to class," I said as I stood up and rushed out of the courtyard towards my class. As I went through the glass double doors, I breathed a sigh of relief because I honestly didn't want to hear what Na Eun had to say about the situation. 

"This isn't over!" she yelled.

I don't know why I felt so nervous and anxious. I shouldn't be feeling this way. Who cared if he and his now ex-girlfriend broke up? That's his problem, not mine but my heart wasn't listening to me. It was beating fast all on its own.

Taking a deep breath, I continued on my way to my classroom. At least I don't see him around here...

Walking into my classroom, I sat down at my desk that was in the middle of the classroom. Most of my classmates weren't even there, much to my liking. But soon enough they slowly started streaming inside and it was pretty evident that all the girls were talking about Jimin.

"They did! This could be my chance!" one girl beamed.

"Yeah, but I heard that HE broke up with her because he didn't like her attitude!"

"Wait, didn't they date for like three weeks, though?" another inquired.

"Ahh, you're right!"

"You know I also heard that he vowed he wasn't going to date another girl!" suddenly they all started squealing.

"No way! WHY?" another declared.

"Because he said that every single girl is over dramatic and problematic,"

Almost all the girls huffed and puffed.

"How can that be true! We're-" suddenly the girl was cut short because someone nudged her in her ribs.

"Look," her friend hissed as she pointed her head in the direction of the hallway. Through the windows in the classroom, Jimin was walking past with his group of friends.

All the girls went crazy and huddled either by the windows or the doors to look at him walk past. I sighed as I rolled my eyes because in all honestly, he wasn't all that great. He wasn't what all these girls thought him to be. Jimin was just a rude jerk that only cared for himself.

I would know because I had my heart broken by him. He was so rude and cold about it, never again would I ever confess to a guy. He was my first love after all, but after all that, I just gave up. Finding comfort in reading books and being alone. Well, with Na Eun from time to time, but even then she got on my nerves sometimes.

 

After school, Na Eun and I decided to head to our favorite cafe. I really enjoyed the atmosphere there because it was secluded and very much nice.

We walked inside the little shop and went straight to the counter. Staring at us from behind the cash register, was an employee that I didn't recognize. I wondered what happened to the girl that was always here whenever we got out of school. After all, Na Eun and I were practically in this cafe everyday after school and sometimes even before school.

"Oh, you're new here aren't you?" Na Eun pointed towards the guy. By the looks of it, he was probably younger than us or maybe even the same age. He had an adorable baby face but he was tall with blackish brown hair that was swept to the side.

"Y-Yeah," he said shyly as he smiled. He had this really adorable smile—it was a smile you just wanted to stare at all day. Wait that's just creepy, nevermind that.

"Well, we're regulars here," Na Eun said as she looked at the menu. Although she orders the same thing every time, she still looks at the menu; to which I still haven't fully understood.

The guy nodded as he looked at the both of us.

"Oh! You have the same uniforms as me! We go to the same school," he smiled brightly showing more of his pearly white teeth. His smile was so bright that it could light a part of Seoul. 

"Ahh, that's awesome! What year are you?" Na Eun seemed a little too excited when she asked the question but I didn't really pay any attention as I just wanted to order my usual and go sit at our table.

"I'm a sophomore,"

"Us too!" chimed Na Eun as I cleared my throat as I nudged Na Eun. "Oh right right," she said shyly smiling.

"I'll have a caramel latte. Two shots of espresso," she said. Again, she ordered the same thing she orders every other time we've been here.

The guy nodded as he tapped the screen of the register. He looked up from the register and looks at me waiting for me to order.

"I'll have a mocha frapé. Extra shot,"

"Alright anything else?" he asked as he looked between us.

"No that's it," I said looking down to pull out my money.

"You'll come to know we order the same thing everytime," Na Eun told me as she smiled at him.

"Oh okay, well that will be -"

"This is on me. Here," Na Eun interrupted him as she pulled out her wallet and handed him the money. Honestly, that kind of surprised me because Na Eun was never the one to want to pay for something. She would always make me pay whenever she had the chance. Nodding my head in approval, I took a step away because I thought she was going to regret her decision and make me give her the money.

"Your order will be out soon," the guy smiled as he went to prepare our drinks. Looking around, there weren't a lot of people so we went towards our usual table by the window.

"He was so cute! And he's in the same year as us, but he isn't in your class? I've never seen him before," she said tapping her fingers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter