[G] Watching

Running Cafe

 

Character: Gary

Note: Huhuhuhu…


          Something doesn’t feel right. Gary tried pushing that feeling aside, but it kept hunting him.

          “You sure you’ll be okay on your own?” Haha asked as he tied his shoelaces. “The mansion can get creepy sometime.”

          “Don’t worry! I’m not a kid.” Gary stated, putting his hands on his waist and smiled despite the uneasy feeling.

          “Okay… See you tonight.” Haha waved goodbye as he closed the main door. Gary waved back.

       He’s all alone now. Suk Jin was at Ilsan. Jae Suk and Ji Hyo were doing groceries. Jong Kook and Kwang Soo at school and Haha has some family matters.

         All alone in this 4-storey house near a hill, Gary went to the living room. Sitting on the one-person sofa, he tried making himself comfortable. Yet, he felt uneasy again. It’s like someone’s watching which he can’t explain why.

        He looked to the left. Then right. Then back. Nothing.

        He stood up and walked around the living room. He stood in front of the grandfather clock, watching the second clock ticking. He then looked through the sliding door next to it that connects the living room to a garden, complete with a gazebo and a picnic table.

       The uneasy feeling grew; he left the living room and headed straight to the dining room. Clean and tidy. He entered the kitchen. Tidy. He suddenly felt thirsty, so he went to the fridge and took a mineral bottle.

          “Oh, looks like we have some leftover muffins from yesterday!” Gary thought as he saw the sweet treat in the fridge. He took one and started biting it.

          Upon drinking the drink, he still felt uncomfortable. He left the kitchen and went to the washing room, where they washed their clothes. There are three washing machines, two for the boys to share and one just for Ji Hyo.

           He then made his way to the staircase and ascended it. He took a little tour on the first floor, where the LeeYooJee trio stays. He was interested with the digital room, unfortunately the doors locked and only Suk Jin has its keys.

          He then went up to the second floor, where he, Jong Kook and Haha stay. The third floor felt more like a music studio since the three of them are music students. He spontaneously went to the music room. Upon entering, he quickly made his way to the piano located at the middle of the room. Pressing the keys randomly, he still has a lot to learn about piano.

         However, the feeling of being followed never faded. Feeling insecure, he quickly exited the room and went straight to his room. But no, the feeling didn’t die.

Someone’s following him.

Someone’s watching him.

Someone’s talking about him.

          He lied down on his bed. But that doesn’t work. He sat up straight and picked his phone. The feeling’s still there.

He looked right.

He looked left.

He looked back.

Then front.

He then looked up.

He smiled.

          “What’s up, reader?”


 

Author’s note: Gary needs more love and I can only write a 500 words story for him???