Final

Hacked

"Hey, make sure I get the files by seven, okay?" Hoya gave the girl a charming grin. Rolling her eyes, she replied, "When don't I get it done?" He smirked before leaving, clad in formal wear. She sighed, returning to her 'research'.

She was a hacker for a top spy agency, Woolim Agency. She had accepted the job because it paid well and was easy. She hadn't bargained for this much of hell, though. One of her co-workers, Hoya, constantly asked her to feed him information off of girls who he found interesting.

Hoya was a handsome, charming guy who swept almost every girl off their feet but had a reputation for being a player. He kept his dates occupied, often thanks to the help of the girl behind the computer.

She was the one who helped him find out about each of his dates, simply because they were the best of friends since childhood, and perhaps because of her crush on him. She was one of those typical nerdy girls who spent their life studying instead of working hard on her physique and such. Hoya often said he'd never understand her, but she shrugged it off.

Continuing to pull out necessary bits of information on Hoya's dinner date for the night, she arranged the perfect date plan for him. Sending it over, she got a simple 'Thanks!' for the help she'd provided. This had been going on for a year or so now, and she was tired of being used for such lowly purposes.

Pulling off her glasses and putting them into a sky blue case, she packed up her computer and other gadgets. Those included the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and gear, as well as a PDA. After shoving everything into her denim shoulder bag, another co-worker approached her.

It was Nam Woohyun, her other best friend. Woohyun, Hoya and her had been best friends for as long as she could remember, meaning he knew about her love for him. "He's going out with another girl again? You should have known better than to help him. He'll just get in her pants and leave her in the morning." The girl sighed and raised a hand to make him stop talking. She knew all too well and didn't want to be reminded of such things.

"Let's just go for dinner, okay? I'll pay since I got another raise today for good, consistent work." Smiling, she yanked him towards her favourite pasta place. Woohyun sighed, "When do you not get a raise."

They entered the restaurant, and in her moment of hunger, she forgot Hoya and his date for the night would be here tonight. The waiter guided the pair to a table, and the two looked through the menu, completely not noticing Hoya a few tables away.

Hoya had noticed them though, and a frown appeared on his facial features. His date, Miyoung, waved her hand in his face. "Hello, Earth to Hoya. As I was saying…" Her words trailed off as he stared at his two best friends. They had just made an order, and Woohyun was flirting around with his other best friend, who slapped his arm lightly.

Hoya felt like the girl had slapped him instead of Woohyun, his heart shattering. Could they be on a date? Hoya wondered. Miyoung was frustrated by the lack of attention and sighed. "Hoya, are you even looking at me?" He flashed a smile and nodded. Entranced by his smile, she continued talking.

Woohyun had already noticed Hoya by this time, and saw his expression when he flirted with his dinner partner. He chuckled internally, not wanting Hoya to know his presence was certainly felt. The girl's back was facing Hoya, so she naturally didn't notice him. When their dinner arrived, Woohyun fed her some of his pasta, and she did likewise.

Hoya sighed, annoyed by the display of affection between the two. Miyoung was even more annoyed, but consoled herself with the fact that Hoya and her would have some good time later. It was disdainfully obvious that two had no chemistry, and to Miyoung, that Hoya was interested in some other girl at another table.

Woohyun took a tissue and wiped his best friend's lips. "You had some sauce over there." The two smiled at each other, before the girl leaned in to ask him, "You've been even greasier than usual today. Is there some reason for it?" Woohyun simply smirked and leaned in closer, "I'll tell you later when we get out of here."

Hoya fumed at this internally, although he pretended to be interested in Miyoung's rambling. He knew that his jealousy was getting out of hand, and he might not be able to control it much longer. Throughout the dinner, all he could think of was that one girl, and nothing else. It finally hit him after 18 years of being best friends (or so) that he did have feelings for her.

 As the two he was watching stood up and walked to the counter to pay, he himself stood up and apologized to Miyoung. "I have to go somewhere now, we'll take a raincheck on the rest of this date, okay?" Miyoung was already as angry as she could possibly have been, leading her to slap him and walk out of the restaurant. "Forget it; this date was a waste of time."

All the patrons stared at Hoya for a while, before he sighed and decided to go to the counter to pay for dinner. It was then that the girl realised he was here. "Oh, you're here, Hoya? Ah, I arranged a date for you here, wasn't it?" She smiled at him as he nodded. "Yeah, and speaking of that, can I ask you some stuff? I'll walk you home." Hoya smiled sheepishly. Woohyun smirked at this, and walked off.

The two walked back in silence, until she broke the ice. "What was it you wanted, Hoya?" He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I needed some advice on dating. I know practically everything about the girl, and she knows me really well. The only problem is asking her out. I think she's the one for me." His companion bit her lower lip, before replying, "Just ask her out when the moment's right, and she'll hopefully say yes." Her heart hurt badly, not knowing his true intentions.

"In that case, I'll tell her. Thanks." He smiled at her, as she forced a smile in return. They had reached her house by this time, and he walked her to the doorstep. "I'll go in then. Goodnight, Hoya." She turned to go in, when he stopped her, saying, "I need to tell you something."

"What is it this time?" "Well, I-I know this may be sudden and everything…" He stopped, rubbing his nape. "I-I told you I like someone just now, right?" She nodded, encouraging him.

"Firstly, I'm sorry I put you through so much, making you set up dates, arrange them, researching on the girls. Secondly, I'm sorry if you ever felt betrayed, hurt or angry at me. I deserve it all, so it's okay to hate me. Thirdly, I just wanted to tell you that I realised this player lifestyle isn't what I want. I want a good, steady relationship. I, being the I am, realised that I fell in love with a girl who I've known almost my whole life." The girl stared at him, mouth gaping.

"I'm in love with you. It's okay if you don't feel the same way." He smiled weakly, before walking down the path that would take him home. He heard footsteps and felt a strong pressure around his waist. "H-Hoya, I love you too."

For the first time since he'd seen her this night, he smiled a bright, genuine smile, before turning around to envelope her in his embrace. The girl returned his embrace, wrapping her arms around him as tightly as she could.

The two stood there for a long time, before he walked her back to her doorstep. It was different this time. He previously walked her to her doorstep as a best friend concerned for her safety.

This time, he would walk her back as her lover, her boyfriend.

He couldn't have asked for more than that.

She was his hacker, and he was the hard drive.