PARTNERS

Not Like The Movies

“ I’m gonna what?! ” Krystal repeats the question all over again. “ This . . this isn’t my . . field! I can’t be part of this! ” she lowers her voice but it can’t hide the fact that she’s being furious as heck now as she blurted these words to her manager.

After her sweet moment with Myungsoo this morning, she faces now a dilemma-like situation. Her manager picked her up and brought her to KBS. But as they walked their way to a room, her manager started to dropped off a bomb saying “ Oh by the way, you’ll be acting on this project.”  So she halted her tracks and quietly dragged her manager to a corner alley but with less suspicion from anyone who will pass by.

“ You know I don’t – scratch that. I can’t act. ” That’s one off point of Krystal. Her beauty and talent as an idol is immeasurable but she doesn’t like acting. “ I didn’t audition and trained for years just to be an actress. I don’t want to be labeled as an idol-turned-actress. ”

Her manager hushed her off and continued assisting her to walk. “ You can act. You just don’t want to improve. This won’t be too much of an acting from you. It’s just a lead role. You are not even the main actress here. ”

“ How could you – arrggh! ”

“ Just try the screening first. We will be reading the script and study the offer. You can still decline. ” he looked at her sharp in the eye. “ But remember, you would be needing this to cover up any unwanted rumors. Your fans and the media are having wild guesses now if you are seeing someone lately. This would be your chance to scrape the issues. ”

Krystal would not risk her career. But she won’t let Myungsoo be involved in any situation. With a worried heart and confused state of mind in acting, she headed to the meeting room.

 

~★(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)★~

 

“ How do you expect me to solve this problem? ” Yeseon asked Myungsoo with a paper on her hand which the teacher handed them over not too long ago. Written there is the title of the book they are to report for Speech Class and one week is the only given time.

Myungsoo leans his seat closer, “ The problem isn’t going to be this book report. It’s gonna be you for sure. Besides, I have read this before. ”

“ Excuse me? ” she irked in annoyance. “ How is it gonna be me? Just because you know the story already doesn’t mean you have to look down and judge me. ”

“ What? Where and when did I judge you? ”

“ By saying that I will be the problem! ”

“ What is wrong with you?! ”

“ You! I am going to read this book since you said you already know the story. And that means I won’t be spending my time with you. ”

“ Do I look like I want to be with you as well? ” Myungsoo sighed in frustration. “ The moment Ms. Jang gave out the papers, I asked you to research about the summary on the internet. And what did you do? You were basically looking up on something else. ”

Yeseon had her head hang low. “ It’s just that . . never mind. You won’t be able to understand me anyway. So – ”

“ Now you’re the one judging me. Tell it. What were you thinking about a while ago. It seems to me you’ve just seen a breaking news of sort. ”

“ I did. ”

“ Really? Let me guess, about the government? Or celebrity gossips? ”

“ Do you know the actor Hoya?

Myungsoo glanced out of the window for a moment before returning his sight to Yeseon. “ I might have or not. But to be honest, I am not really into the entertainment industry with such as dramas or even movies. Though I heard of KPop as well, but there’s only one group I follow. Anyway, what’s with him? ”

“ He is casted for a drama special. It’s more like a one or two episode listing only. ”

“ So? Aren’t you as his fan be proud of this? ”

“ Of course I am. I just don’t think I can support him with a female lead actress acting along with him. It would be his first time partnering with a girl. ”

“ You’re saying it as if he’s done it with a guy. ”

“ Yes he did. Once only. That’s his breakthrough but he is a man of steel. ”

“ You call yourself a fan when you can’t support him being with a girl as his co-actress? What kind of supporter are you? People should accept reality and just let it go. Isn’t what these artists have done aren’t enough yet. ” for a second, Myungsoo thought of his relationship with Krystal. “ Why would you be of hate when you start to date? ”

Yeseon smiled at him and Myungsoo shrugs at the response. “ You made a rhyme. Hate. Date. But the point is I don’t like the person he is going to be partner with. The girl has some attitude problems, and she is plain looking but it’s not just that. There is something which I don’t know what or why I can’t explain that I do not favor her. The other netizens are in shock as well. ”

Their conversation was paused when the bell rang as a sign for lunch. “ Professionalism is a key here.” says Myungsoo. “ If you can’t accept the role Hong Ya is in – ”

“ Hoya. ” she corrected him. “ I will take the book to read it. I will tell you what I have understand by tomorrow. ”

“ Go ahead then. I hope you understand Hoya’s situation too. Know your place as his fan. ” he puts on his bag around him ready to leave.

“ I know. ” Yeseon mumbles. “ But why does it have to be that – ” she accidentally bumped into Myungsoo as she walks. She was sulking looking down at the floor that she failed to notice that the latter was still on the way. “ Oh sorry. I thought you left already. ”

“ Who does Hoya gonna be partner with? ”

“ Krystal. ” she said unwillingly with a pout on her face. “ She’s a member of an idol group called F(x). ”

 

~★(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)★~

 

[ short update but shall be back tomorrow ]