TO START WITH

Not Like The Movies

Black blankets and sheets covered the white bed. Although it may seem like a dark vibrant along with the navy blue curtains and the gray carpet on the floor, it gives a manly feeling for the owner of this room. One look and you might obviously think that this place belongs to a boy, but nope. Because the posters, standee, and photos on the wall of a certain man can clearly tell that a girl is fantasizing in here. Unless someone is also gay for the said man.

Kim Ye Seon is her name. She is twenty one years old and a senior student in Hinterland High School. Too old to be a fourth year high school student right? Apparently, age is just a number and it’s better late than never. But honestly speaking, she transferred here in South Korea four years ago; coming from Japan. She was born in the Philippines but she is Japanese-Korean by blood and remains fluent with his nationality. Upon reaching the age of five, she began living in Hokkaido with her father.

She is supposed to be a university student already but the transfer disregards some of her activity scores because of the different grading system by the school. But she care less, as long as she is happy, her father will support her all the way. The reason why she chose to move in Korea is mainly because of someone.

Lee Ho Won – but everyone knows him as Hoya. Yeseon has been crushing on him for three years now. She may be beautiful inspite of the mature physique she has, but she’s a softy and child at heart. One hurdle is that this Hoya is no ordinary man. He is an actor. A popular one and like all the stars on the sky, he is far from Yeseon’s reach.

Is it wrong for this unrequited love? Is it her fault that she came upon liking someone who seems like is living in a different world? She became Hoya’s fangirl when she watched his drama “ Reply 1997 ”, and his character there is someone who likes the same gender. Yet, with the right amount of charms, she fell for this manly cutie from Busan.

Being a fangirl has its ups and downs too. But for Yeseon, it’s always on the downside. She hasn’t seen him yet though they are technically breathing the same air and walking on the same ground. Seoul is large at its range and Yeseon is not the type of a sasaeng fan who would barge into Hoya’s place (wherever she thinks it is). In Hoya’s y smoking hot eyes, Yeseon is one of the admirers who can only dream of him via television and or cinema theaters. Sad reality and thus truth hurts. She envies those fans of idols who have chances of meeting them on world tours, concerts, and fanmeetings.

“ If is stare at you a bit more, nothing will change. ” she sighs with her eyes on the poster of Hoya. “ I have recently watched Mask. Though sometimes I need english subs. I hope you will gain another drama, Howonnie oppa~ya! ” she finishes off her sentence with a Busan accent.

Yeseon picked up her bag as she readies to leave her cozy apartment. “ I will back later. Aarrgghh . . I must be crazy and insane now right? ” she stomped her feet and left with a thumping heart.

 

~★(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)★~

 

“ Ohh~ You really don’t have to. ” Krystal’s face lit up in a smile as Myungsoo handed her a homemade breakfast. Being an idol under the girl group F(x), Krystal is enjoying the limelight well. Last year, she was featured in a magazine photoshoot for Céci with a freelance model who happens to be named as L.

L’s real name is Kim Myung Soo. He started taking offers here and there to model small endorsements when he was only fourteen years old. And each step he takes, brought his name higher to the industry. He is not that popular but he is quite known. But Myungsoo barely cares since he is contented with what he has. Especially with what he shares with Krystal. Their photoshoot last time sparked an interest for him.

They both shared a good chemistry as they did their shoot. After wrapping up, Myungsoo came up to Krystal secretly and asked for her number. That resulted to the ongoing exchange of text messages and calls. Usually, they would meet up at Krystal’s hidden apartment which she bought quite far away from their dorm, but only the manager knows of this. Myungsoo and Krystal are exclusively dating. But there is no title as a boyfriend and girlfriend. They have been going for it for almost a year now and never once did one questions about their status – especially with Krystal’s lifestyle as they both decided to keep it from the public’s view. So far, they are doing a good job at it.

“ I had time early for school, so I decided to drop by. ” says Myungsoo which earned him a peck from her on his cheek.

“ Thank you! ”

“I will contact you later. Or when you get your schedule free. ”

“ I know. But I can’t promise you anything. ” Krystal wrapped her arms around him and chuckles, “ But I will when I do free my sched. Okay? ”

And it’s Myungsoo’s turn to kissed her on the forehead. “ Okay. ” After a while, he then left.

Krystal is thankful that Myungsoo never complains with the kind of situation they are in. She honestly likes him. And it added more comfort for her whenever he’s around. As everyone can see, Krystal is on a crisis. When she started dating Myungsoo last year, her groupmate, Sulli halted her activities. That didn’t stop when abruptly news came out about her sister Jessica, who's an idol too - against the issue on Girls’ Generation, who is under the same company label she is in. She wanted to cut off her communications with Myungsoo at that time, afraid of the world he entered with her. She worries that she might involved him in unwanted circumstances. But the latter prove himself and assured her that everything’s going to be just fine. Still, Krystal doesn’t want to risk her career and she’s glad that Myungsoo understands. Her daydreams came to light when her phone rang.

“ Hey Krystal-ssi. ”

“ Oh, manager oppa. ”

“ I will be coming to pick you up. Get yourself ready. ”

“ Do I have a schedule for today? ”

“ Yes. I will be there in an hour. ”

“ I got it. Bye! ” after ending the call, she chose to watch the television instead and finish the breakfast given by Myungsoo. She had her shower earlier and she’s pretty dressed up already so there’s nothing much to do. Expect maybe brush her teeth afterwards.

“ . . sets for the new drama outcome of his works . .”

Krystal’s gaze on the t.v screen is filled with awe about this certain actor.

“ . . always on the quiet side but fans have love his remarkable acting ever since . . ”

“ He seems . . lonely. ” Krystal then turned her head away when the doorbell came to sound. “ Oh shoots. Manager’s here. One hour?! Such a liar! ”

 

~★(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)★~

 

Hoya walks with confidence as he makes his way down the KBS hall. He will be having an offer review for the next drama he will be starring at. After his break for the movie Hiya, he did the SBS drama Mask and now,  another opportunity he won’t slip away is up next. He badly wants to improve more and more with each and every day.

His manager leads him to the room to have the review. Even if he wants to accept the offer with no hesitation, he still needs to look at what character would he be portraying. The area was filled with unfamiliar faces. He sits up with a cup of iced Americano on his hand while he patiently waits for the director, scriptwriters and whoever other casts to arrive.

 

~★(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)★~

 

Yeseon’s first class, Literature, ended with ease. While she awaits for the next subject teacher, she scrolled through her phone and searches the internet. One article caught up her attention, “ Hoya to star in a new drama ? ” she didn’t bother checking it up that much though. “ Whatever it is, I know he’s going to do well. ”

“ Excuse me. ” Yeseon immediately pocketed her phone when she heard a voice from behind.

“ Oh? ”

“ Do you have an extra pen? ”

She looks over at Myungsoo’s hand – the ink spilled over because his pen broke off. She rummages through her bag and handed him with what he’s borrowing but included some wet tissues as well.

“ Ah. Thanks. ”

“ Anytime! ” she smiled and soon stood up from her chair.

Myungsoo followed her who went to the locker probably getting her book for the next class. He looks at the tissue as he wipes it on his hands, “ All of my classmates know my career as a model. They usually would flung around me. But this one seems uninterested. ” And he wasn’t sure if it hit his ego and or curiousity got him.

 

~★(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)★~

 

“ I’m gonna what?! ” Krystal repeats the question all over again. “ This . . this isn’t my . . field! I can’t be part of this! ” she lowers her voice but it can’t hide the fact that she’s being furious as heck now as she blurted these words to her manager.

 

~★(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)★~