Leave - Chaken

Tension and Relaxation

Clicks, the door locks.

 

It's time to go, I thought, there's no time left.

The moment I grab the doorknob, the door open itself from the outside, it's Jaehwan.

I quickly retreat, act as if nothing happen.

 

"Hyung, I'm back." He says, eyes full of smile.

I smile as well, he never change, I hold my arms out for a hug, he runs and throws himself in my embrace, this kid.

"I miss you hyung." He sighs, "I miss you so much."

"Shh, hyung's here." I caress his head softly, patting him on the back once in a while.

"Let's wash up and go to sleep, hmm?" I ask, looking him in eyes, "Be a good boy like you always is, alright? Go now, hyung will wait here."

He nods, rushing towards his room to do what he has been told.

 

Soon, he is done, walking out from the bathroom with water dripping down his hair.

"You'll catch a cold if you don't wipe your hair, Jaehwan-ah." I chuckle, move to sit him down and wipe his hair.

 

"Hyung" Jaehwan calls, voice suddenly drain with sadness.

"Hmm?" I answer, not paying attention.

"Hakyeon hyung" He calls out once again, grabbing my shirt in a tight hold.

I stop rubbing his hair, a soft sigh escape my lips.

"What is it?" I coo, kissing the tip of his nose, he closes his eyes.

"Please don't go." He pleads, holding me tightly against himself.

"I have no choice Jaehwan-ah, I have to." Taekwoon needs me.

"Please hyung, please." He cries, tears staining his cheek. I need you, hyung.

"I'm sorry, Jaehwan-ah." I pry his hand off me, freeing myself from his tight hold.

 

"Go to sleep Hwannie, hyung will be back real fast." I assure him, lie him down and tuck him under the blanket, "Be a good boy for me, hmm?"

He hiccups, unable to stop himself from crying, But then he nods, reaching out to hold my hand. I let him, a small smile forming on my lips.

"Please be here when I'm awake hyung," he shuts his eyes, "then I'll always be the good boy you want."

"I will." I say, "Goodnight Jaehwannie, sleep well."

He silently let go of my hand and turns his back to me, "Go now hyung, it's now or never."

I smile, leaving him to reach the front door.

"Thank you, Jaehwannie." I mumble, then shut the door behind me.

 

Clicks.