Final

Back to You

I didn't plan on writing this story the way it is right now..

------

Seohyun-ah, I love you” I looked at him and I smiled.

“I love you, too ----“

I jerked up from sleep. 

Pant. 

Inhale.

Exhale.

What was that? Who is that boy? 

It’s been a week now that I’ve been having weird dreams about a certain boy whom I didn’t know; even his face is blurry in my dreams. I don’t know why but I feel so happy when I’m with him and it seems that I love him so much. It’s funny and weird because I never had a boyfriend since I was born so how come I’ll dream of someone whom I feel like I have a feelings with? That’s really weird.....

I looked to my bedside table and saw that the clock reads 6:45. 6:45?! I quickly got up and went to my bathroom. Ugh, it’s still a week since the school started and I don’t want to be late again. Again.

 I smiled as I remembered what happened last week....

 

Ugh. This is what I hate about first day of schools; I always oversleep. I rapidly did all my morning rituals and skip breakfast just to be on time on the bus stop. As I was running, I saw a boy running from the other side of the road. Maybe I am not the only one who oversleeps.  I smiled to myself. As I was approaching the bus stop, I was shocked to see the boy on the other side of the road, slipped, face flat on the floor. I quickly cross the road and approached him.

“Excuse me?”

Shaking his arm, I tried to wake him up but I noticed that he’s unconscious. Oh my God, is he dead? Fearing that something bad might happen to him, I quickly call the ambulance. Ugh, now, I really can’t go to school.

After a minute, the ambulance arrived and I went with them.

I stayed until he woke up. I just can’t leave him here. “Why?” My mind questioned me. “Why not?” My other side answered. Ugh, I’m going crazy.

I looked at the boy. 

I didn’t notice that I was already staring at him until the doctor came to me.

“Uhm, is he okay? Is there no complications on his head?”

“No, you just have to wait until he wakes up. He is also allowed to go out once his conscious.”

“Oh, thank you”

When the doctor went to other patients, I tried to shake the boy’s arm.

“Uhm, excuse me”

“Hey”

“Is he okay?” I mumbled to myself.

I noticed that the boy moves a little and his eyes opened slowly. I noticed how his eyes widen when he saw me. 

“Hey, are you okay? You slip while running to the bus. You fall, face first and you lost consciousness. I brought you to the hospital.”

He wipes his eyes and looked at me again. Uhm.. what’s wrong with him?.. Ah! I forgot to introduce myself.

 “I’m Seohyun, by the way, and you are?” I waited for a while before he wraps his hands around mine.

 “I’m... I’m Jung Yonghwa” And I felt something familiar when the warmth of his hands spreads across mine.

I smiled again. 

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and my eyes widen. Oh my God! I forgot school again!!

 

 

I got to the bus stop with me all sweaty and tired from running. Wew! But thank God, I arrived five minutes earlier before the bus comes so I still have a time to sit and relax. As I was resting, I felt someone near me so I looked up and saw the boy from my thoughts earlier this morning, Jung Yonghwa.

“Hi”

“H-hi” I greeted back.

“It’s been a week since the accident. I want to thank you again.”

“It’s okay.” I smiled. 

The bus arrives and we get on it. I rummage my bag for my wallet to pay for my fare but I just couldn’t find it.

“Ugh, where is that?” I mumbled to myself.

“What’s wrong?” He asked me and I felt embarrassed.

“I think I left my wallet in my apartment. Ugh, what should I do?”

“It’s okay. I got you” And he paid for two.

As he walked to a vacant sit, a scene flashes to my mind.

A boy rummaged his bag for his wallet and the people started to rumble complaints because he’s taking too long. I smiled to him and paid for the two of us.

I was brought back to earth when the bus started to move and so I search for a vacant sit. Yonghwa raised his hand and signalled the sit next to him.

“Uhm , t-thank you”

He smiled at me and I felt my cheeks turned hot. 

But what left me thinking so hard is the scene that flashes to my mind earlier. Is that a memory? Or it’s just the product of my imagination.... Ugh. Whatever.

 

 

 

We got off on our bus stop and I waved goodbye to him.

“Why?” he asked me.

“I go this way”

“But we go to the same school”

“Really?”

“Come on.” He grabs my hand and I felt my heart jump a little with the contact.

As we walked to the hallways, I noticed that we we’re going to my first class. 

“How did you know...?”

“Ah......” He scratched the back of his head and blushed. “Uhm.....”

“Seohyun!”

“Oh, Yoona-unnie.”

“I better go. See you.” And then he quickly runs and went to the other side of the hall.

“Who was that?” Yoona-unnie asked me as I enter the room.

“Uhm, he’s Yonghwa, the one I helped last week and the reason why I was absent in the morning.”

“Oh. Why are you together?” She wiggles her eyebrows and I blushed.

“I-it’s nothing. We just happen to ride the same bus”

“Then why are you blushing? Guys, look at Seohyun! She’s blushing!!”

Seven other girls gathered around us and I blushed harder.

“Why? Why?” Yuri-unnie asked excitedly.

“She looks like a tomato. So cute!” Hyoyeon-unnie squealed.

“It’s really nothing guys.”

But they continued to discuss with themselves, not hearing any words I’ve said. It’s really nothing though...

 

 

“Seohyun-ah~”

“Huh?” 

We we’re in the cafeteria when Taeyeon-unnie called me.

“That’s Yonghwa right?” She said, using her lips to direct where Yonghwa is. I followed where her lips pointed to and I caught Yonghwa’s gaze to me. I felt myself blush. Why is he looking at me like that?

“Y-yes.”

“Why is he looking at you like that? It looks could melt, you’re already melted right now Seohyun-ah” Jessica unnie interrupted and giggled. Others followed suit.

“Unnie!” I covered my blushing face. Ah, why is he like that?

“You’re really cute Seohyun-ah, you’re blushing!!”  Tiffany-unnie squealed.

Ugh. It started again.

After that encounter from the room, my friends started teasing me with Yonghwa. Even though I always tell them that it’s nothing, they still continued teasing me and I can’t do anything but to let myself blush in front of them.

I also didn’t understand why I always see Yonghwa wherever I go. He’s like a stalker. What? A stalker? You’re being assuming Seohyun. How can a handsome guy like Yonghwa will like you and even stalk you. Ugh. I’m crazy.

“Seohyun-ah?”

“H-huh?”

“Oh my gosh, I bet she’s thinking about Yonghwa!! She’s not even listening to us!” Sunny-unnie, with a teasing smile on her face, shouts.

“Unnie!!”

Earth, eat me now.

 

 

I hastily open my eyes and there in front of me, I saw a girl, who’s smiling cheekily, hovering over me and floating. Wait, she has wings.... don’t tell me....she’s an angel?!----------

“Ouch!”

“Ow!”

I was walking on the corridor while reading a book when suddenly I bumped into someone.

“I’m sor----“I looked at the person who I bumped with and paused.

“I’m sorry” Yonghwa told me with a smile.

“N-no, I’m sorry. I was the one who’s not looking the way.”

“I was not looking either. I was looking at you...”

I didn’t hear what he mumbled on the last part so I just smiled at him. I noticed that my books are scattered everywhere so I crouched down to pick it up but I didn’t expect him to do the same thing so as a result, we bumped into each other’s head.

“I-I’m sorry again”

“I’m sorry, too.”

“You still really like to read books.” He said, absent-mindedly. He handed me my books and I accepted it willingly.

“Excuse me?” I was taken aback. Why does it seem like he know me so well...

“O-oh. I-I mean, you like reading books?” He answered, flustered, and scratched the back of his head.

“Ah, yes. I really like reading. It gives me so many lessons in life and it helps me relieve stress sometimes.” I answered. I always bring books wherever I go. Books are life.

“Really? That’s good...uhm, do you still have classes? He looked at me shyly.

My heart beats a little faster. Seohyun, you have to breath! Inhale, exhale.

“I-I have an hour before my next class. Why?” Gulp. Don’t blush Seohyun-ah!!

“Wanna hang out?” He smiled and I died and was revived again.

“O-okay”

I don’t know why I agreed to hang out with him when in fact this is only our third encounter. But somewhere, inside me, told me that I’m doing what’s right. I need to be with him right now... What? What did I just say??!

 

 

We went to the school’s rooftop. The weather’s nice today so it’s not that hot and the wind blows occasionally. He sat on the area where there is a little shade and he pats the side on his right. I obliged and sit beside him.

“Do I seem like a creep?” He asked me suddenly and I was taken aback.

“What?”

“I mean, do you find me weird or something?”

“Uhm, should I answer you honestly?” I asked, hesitantly and he breaks into a fit of laughter.

“I know I seem like a creep and I’m weird but I just want to be your friend. Can we be friends?” He asks and extends his hand towards me. 

Should we be friends?

Just friends? The other part of my head asked.

Ugh. I’m really going crazy.

I took a deep breath and shook his hands. “Friends.” And he flashes his bright smile. That smile... I shook my head. Maybe I was tired or something. How come there’s an image of a boy and I in a couch while smiling and laughing? No, I was just tired.

I saw him took out his phone and an earphone. 

“Let’s listen to music?” He said while extending the right side of the earphone.

I nodded and put the earphone in my ear.

I don't know you

But I want you

I turn to him and saw his eyes closed. 

All the more for that

I found myself staring and snapped out of it.

Words fall through me

And always fool me

And I can't react

I looked at the sky.

And games that never amount

To more than they're meant

Will play themselves out

I slowly close my eyes and let the music invade my mind.

Take this sinking boat and point it home

We've still got time

Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice

You'll make it now

 

“Oh my gosh! What did you guys do at the rooftop?!”  Sooyoung-unnie asked me the moment I arrived at the classroom.

“N-nothing!”

“You’re blushing again!” She squealed and I felt my face turned hotter.

“I didn’t know that you’re close.” Yoona-unnie joins in the conversation, a mischievous smile threatening to appear on her face.

“We’re just friends.”

“Just friends?” Yuri-unnie, poked at my arms and wiggled her eyebrows.

“Unnie~” I whine and they laugh at me.

“Our Seohyun is in love~” Sunny-unnie sang while others wiggled their butts.

“I-I’m not.” I answered. But a small part of me disagreed. 

I’m not in love, right?

 

 

After the rooftop encounter, Yonghwa and I became closer but with that, the teasing of my friends became worse. Every time he approaches us, they will immediately go away and blurts excuses for us to be alone. All I can do was to face-palm. 

But with all of our alone time, I learned many things about him like how well he plays guitar and how beautiful his voice is. We even sang Falling Slowly together. He played the guitar while I play the piano. I remembered how I blushed when he complimented my voice.

We became best friends after months of hanging out. People even sometimes mistook us of being a couple and I don’t know why but I feel happy every time that happens and happier when he won’t deny it. In fact, he’ll just smile at them and now, everybody ships us.

But along with all of that are the weird dreams that I’m having every night.  A dream with a blurred face of a boy..... A boy who haunts me in my dreams every night.

 

 

“Let’s go?”

I looked at him and smiled. I took his extending hand and we climbed to the rooftop of the restaurant where we had our dinner. I didn’t know what’s wrong with him but yesterday when we we’re in the library, he suddenly asked me out and I giddily agreed.

“Wow...” My mouth hung open the moment we stepped on the rooftop. We can see all the city lights and the starry night from here. 

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

He slipped the earphone in my right ear and I hear the melody of the song.

How to be brave

How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall

He circled his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

But watching you stand alone

All of my doubt

Suddenly goes away somehow

He looked at me straight in the eyes and I looked back.

One step closer

We swayed along the music.

I have died every day

waiting for you

Darlin' don't be afraid

I have loved you for a

Thousand years

I'll love you for a

Thousand more

He locked our foreheads while still swaying along the music. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

“I love you Seohyun.”

The time stands still.

I love you Seohyun.

The words are like music to my ears. I love you Seohyun.

“I love you, too.”

He came closer......closer.....and closer and our lips locked.

Time stands still

beauty in all she is

I will be braveI will not let anything

Take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath,

Every hour has come to this

We pulled away and looked at each other. This feels so right. He smiled and I smiled. And I saw how a memory of the blurred-faced boy and I flashed in my mind.... 

 

 

 

 

 “I can’t believe our wedding’s a week away!” I told Yonghwa while we’re cuddling on the couch.

“I even” He answered. He held me tightly and I smiled.

“Hey, I’m not going anywhere okay. Why are you hugging me so tight?”

“I just want to hug you.” He smiled and although I’m not convinced, I smiled back.

“I didn’t know we’ll come this far.” I told him while thinking back the past four years. He just looked at me fondly and smiled.

I can still clearly remember how he proposed to me five months ago. 

 

“Seohyun-ah!” I saw Jessica-unnie running and came to me. I was with Yoona-unnie, Yuri-unnie and Hyoyeon-unnie in the other side of the beach while the others are on the opposite side. We were all gathered in a bonfire an hour ago but the three of them asked me to go for a walk.

Last week, we planned to go to the beach so now we are here. Yonghwa’s and my family are here too, even our friends.

“Oh, Jessica-unnie. Why?” I asked.

Come quick!!” She dragged me to somewhere. Yoona-unnie, Yuri-unnie and Hyoyeon-unnie followed us.

“W-why?!”

Yonghwa....”

Yonghwa? Why? What’s wrong with him?

“Why?! What about him?” Fear consumed me when Jessica-unnie didn’t answer me and instead dragged me continuously to the shoreline.

I felt tears threatening to fall in my eyes but I stop myself.

As we got nearer, I saw candles and rose’s petals everywhere.  My mouth gaped.

“What is this?”

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

 I saw Yonghwa walks towards me while singing and playing the guitar.

Wake up every morning with you in my bed

That's precisely what I plan to do

He smiled at me and I smiled back, letting my tears fall.

And you know one of these days when I get my money right

Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life

I looked around and I saw my parents. My mom is crying while my father smiled at me, comforting mom in the process.

We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush

But one day, I won't be able to ask you loud enough

I saw his family and they’re smiling. I saw all of our friends and I cry harder.

I'll say will you marry me

I swear that I will mean it

He looked at me straight in the eyes.

I'll say will you marry me

Singing (Woah oh woah)

(Woah oh woah)(Woah oh woah oh oh)

He put away his guitar and kneeled in front of me.

“Will you marry me?”

I covered my mouth because I’m so happy right now thst I can’t stop crying.

I nodded and pulled him to stand.

I connected my lips to his and I felt his lips curved into a smile and he pulled me closer.

 

 

I felt his arms around me tighten.

“Hey, aren’t we going to work today?”

“No, let’s just stay like this today.”

“But why? Let’s go out. Let’s go to our favourite restaurant today.” I looked at him but he just tightened his grip to me.

“No, let’s just stay in the here.” And he closes his eyes.

“But why?!”

“Let’s go out tomorrow but not today.”

I don’t have a choice but to oblige. I closed my eyes and I drifted off to sleep while he envelopes me into his arms.

 

 

I love you, Seohyun-ah”

“I love you, too, Yonghw----“

I hastily open my eyes and breathe deeply. What was that? Why does the boy in my dreams becomes Yonghwa? I don’t understand....

I look around and I found myself tucked in the bed alone. I scanned the room but I didn’t find any sign of Yonghwa.

“Yonghwa?” I called out but I didn’t receive any response.

As I looked around, I saw the notebook which he always bring with him everywhere on his table. I was really curious what the notebook contains because every time I saw him writing on it, he will immediately hides the book inside his bag and if I asked him about it, he’ll just answered, “Nothing important.”

I approach the table and sit on the chair.

What is this?

The notebook was open on a page where the date today is written. I supposed this is his diary? I decided to give him privacy and close the notebook when a phrase caught my attention.

Today is supposed to be her death.

My eyes widen and without a second thought, I read the whole thing.

September xx, xxxx

Today is supposed to be her death. I plan on staying here in the house until the day ends. I can’t let her slipped away from me again. I can’t let this chance of mine to keep her with me be wasted. I waited four years for us to happen. I hugged her tightly earlier. I’m scared. What if I’ll make a mistake? What if I can’t save her? I hugged her tightly, wishing I could keep her forever. I don’t want to leave the house. I can’t risk her life. I don’t want to remember the day when she died. I don’t want to experience that same pain again. I have to keep her this time.

“Seo----“

“What’s this?” I turned to him and held up the book. My eyes were blurry from tears.

“Seohyun!” He moved and tried to get near me but I stop him.

“What’s the meaning of this?”

“Let me explain------“

“Don’t get near me! Stay away from me!!” I held up my hands and cries harder.

“Seo—“

“No! I don’t understand! What’s this? Why did you suddenly appear into my life? Why did you seem to know me so much? Why?!!” I shouted at him and cried harder. I shoved him away and run outside.

“Seohyun!!!”

I heard his plea but I didn’t stop. I don’t know where I’m going but I continued to run faster. I have to be away from here, from him.

I don’t understand! Why does he write there that I’ll die today? Why? Who is he really?

Why does he suddenly approach me and befriended me?

Why do I easily fall in love with him?

Why-------

Screeched. A white light.

“Seohyun!!”

 

 

 

[Third Person]

 

Yonghwa waited patiently outside.

He walks back and forth.

Please.... Please....

He closes his eyes and prayed harder.

Please God....

A man in white came out from the room.

“How did it go?” Yonghwa immediately went to the doctor. He prayed that everything’s alright. God please...

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s a boy.” The doctor smiled and patted his back. “Congratulations Mr. Jung!”

Thank you God!

 

[A year ago....]

 

Screeched. A white light.

“Seohyun!!”

I felt a pull and I found myself in his arms.

I looked at him, shocked.

“Hey.”

I looked to the road and I saw the car in front of me.

“Are you killing yourself lady?!” The man on the driver seat shouted and started his engine again.

“Are you okay?” He asked me worriedly.

I was shocked. My knees got weak and I held on his shirt for support. 

I didn’t know but for a split second, memories flashed to my mind.

 

A boy who forgot his wallet.

 

A boy who I met a couple of times.

 

A boy who I discovered my schoolmate.

 

A boy who became my best friend.

 

A boy who was ship to me by everybody.

 

The night at the rooftop.

 

The kiss.

 

The proposal in the beach.

 

The cuddles in the couch.

 

The planned dinner.

 

The white light and the pain all over my body.

 

A boy who cried in front of my tomb.

 

A boy. My Yonghwa....

 

 

“Yonghwa....” I whispered. I cupped his face and cried. He just held me tightly.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay” He caressed my cheeks and wiped my tears away.

“No, I’m sorry. It took me one week to make this happen. I let you grieved for one week for me.” I clutched to his shirt.

“W-what? What are you talking about?” He held me on my shoulders and let me face him.

“I don’t understand.”

“I-I... I asked the Higher One for a second chance, too.”

His eyes widen and I told him what happened.

 

 

Please, give me a second chance! Please!!” I asked the Angel in front of me for the nth time. Please.......

“I’m not the one to decide on that.” He answered me and shook his head.

“Please!” I cried.

“Please!” I cried harder.

“Please!” I cried harder than the last one.

“Plea-----“

“Okay, okay. Just shut up.” He covered his ears and glared at me.

“Thank you,..... ?”

“Suho” He answered.

“Thank you Suho! I mean, Angel Suho!” I smiled at him and wiped away the tears in my eyes and cheeks.

“But let me remind you that not all have the privilege of a second chance. Let me just tell you that you have to work hard for that second chance.” He told me, matter-of-factly.

“Okay. I can do everything! Just let me return to him.” I looked below and saw him crying.

“Okay, okay.”

 

 

 

“And after that, I was summoned by the Higher One. He asked me to make 100 people happy for three days. He said that if I can make that 100 people happy, I can go back to you. He said that the smiles of the people that I made happy would make me alive again and so I did what He had told me. I made a hundred of persons happy and I was granted a second life. I’m sorry. I did not come back earlier. I let you suffer for a week without me.”

“Shhh. It’s okay.” He caressed my hair and kissed my forehead.

“But how come you didn’t remember me?” He asked.

“That’s the catch. He let me choose between keeping my memories or yours. And I chose yours because I know you will find me and I know that my heart will know.” I looked at him and pulled him closer. 

Our eyes locked and our lips met.

He holds me tighter and from that moment, I knew that he won’t let me go ever.

Thank you for the second chance.....

 

[Present Time]

I opened my eyes and I saw him beside my bed, sleeping.

 

“Hey.”

“H-hey” He answered with a smile.

“Are you okay already?” He asked me.

“I’m okay. Where’s he?”

“He’s in the infirmary. He’s so cute, like you” He then pinches my nose and I squealed. 

I caught him looking at me so I stop squealing and asked him. “Why?”

“I’m just happy right now. I have you and we now have our angel.” My heart swell with joy and I felt myself teary-eyed.

“I’m happy too.”

He gets our baby from the infirmary and let it sleep next to me. He kissed his forehead and he kissed my lips.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

I don’t know what future is waiting for us but the one thing I’m sure of is that, I have him and I have our little angel and with them, I can face any problems come our way.

 

 

I died but was given a chance to go back in time and now, I’m back in his arms.

 

--end--

 

How was it? Please let me know! :(