Year One (Part 3)

The Half-Breed

When Jessica returned to Hogwarts after the Christmas break she looked exhausted. More well trained somehow but utterly drained. When her friends tried to ask her about why she just replied with "the force" and then returned to sleeping. God how she had missed sleeping in a proper bed. Seohyun and Taeyeon looked surprised and almost repulsed as Jessica shoved food into very unladylike and an unexpected act from their ice princess. 

"..my god..." Sooyoung laughed as she spotted her Slytherin Jedi friend. "Geez she's going to choke to death..." Seohyun muttered with a disapproving shake of her head. "Shut up guys, I haven't eaten a proper meal in ages" Jessica gasped after she chugged down a cup of water.

"Wanna fill us in?" Yuri asked putting down her fork. Jessica shrugged her shoulders. "I just worked out and felt the force and all that Jedi stuff" She said offhandedly "So you're like a knight in training now?" Hyoyeon and sunny asked in a slightly off chorus. 

Jessica shook her head. "Not even that until I can control the force I'm just a nobody really, plus during the summer break I'm going back to that place to practise some sort of Jedi martial arts.." she mumbled her shoulders slumped over. Yuri patted the woman's back in comfort. "Hey, look at it from the bright side, Now you know can do something no one else can in the entire wizard world!" Yuri exclaimed and the other people nearby facepalmed themselves in annoyance. Gryffindors and silence seemed like an impossible combination.

 

***

 

Seohyun and Jessica grew closer often spending late nights together watching the stars in the astronomy tower. It was only with Seohyun and Taeyeon Jessica felt completely at ease. She wasn't really interested in the Gryffindors brave acts and foolish adventures. Especially since they always seemed to end up in the hospital wing.

Jessica often thought about what she would do as adult. Would she be able to keep both parts of herself? The Slytherin and Ravenclaw beside each other without one of them overriding the other. The same thought she had on her magic and her Jedi sides. 

Seohyun used to comfort the conflicted woman with that "Jessica was like a dice. Every side is different but they coexist, the right side turn up on the chosen moment."  Jessica really enjoyed being around the girl. She was wise beyond her years and seemed to understand Jessica better than she herself did.

 

***

 

Jessica didn't hang out with the Gryffindors one on one. She didn't completely trust them yet and she felt that there was something off about them. There was days however when she was around one of the Hufflepuff girls for a entire day at the time. Sometimes their all too selfless behaviour bugged the Slytherin. Especially when people mocked them already. Why would they submit to the torture? Jessica would find herself lashing out at the students throwing around insults towards Hufflepuffs. Darkness tinting her edges. 

Jessica guessed the other students could sense it too. The darkness in her soul, because they started to keep away. Or maybe it was the fact that Jessica wouldn't hesitate to put a curse on anyone who dared bully a Hufflepuff. 

She couldn't describe what she was feeling, sometimes she felt fine, but other times all the sides of her didn't seem to want to coexist at all. Like a war inside of herself.