♫ two

Midnight Cypher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk looked back, towards the group that stopped everything they were doing, to check out the new girl they had on the block. He shook his head slowly judging them and getting back to his place on the wall. “You guys really are all over the place.”

“She was y.” Jae looked back at the door taking in the location. Two doors away from his, he was on the second floor of her complex well his anyways. He really was the luckiest guy; well at least he thought so.

Yongguk ignored his friend and crossed his arms. “I’m going to head to my place. Your thirst is ridiculous man.” He really didn’t have time to deal with him. He was a little frustrated; he didn’t have much time to be with his usual gang now that he did, it seemed to be going to waste. But he was used to them joking around. Maybe he was just tired. His hand moved left to right in a swift movement, waving bye for the night.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, but it stayed there. He didn’t want to check it tonight; it was probably something about his schedule.

Once he got inside his back went against the front door, he chuckled softly to himself while smiling. Damn. He lifted his head up and stared into the dark hallway that had yet to be lit by the lights in the middle.

Alex’s hands played with headphones that managed to tangle themselves while in her jacket pocket, she decided that music would be the only thing to calm her down. She hated getting cat called by random people, it was just annoying. She would hit them all if she could but why do that? Especially if she was outnumbered, that would be dumb. She was weary of everything honestly.

Her headphones laid straight on the table next to her as she looked around for her phone, sadly buried under the covers somewhere. Alex wasn’t frustrated; she didn’t want to punch a wall, nope, not at all. She groaned and lay on the bed, her head resting in the jumbled sheets that took up all of the bed.

“Where the hell is my phone?” she spoke nonchalantly as if someone could answer and actually help. Her hands slammed down onto the bed in a fit of rage, but a somewhat calm rage if that’s possible. She sighed and shook her head admitting defeat. It’ll pop up eventually.

The complex was calm; each light was off like before. Well except Yongguk’s. He had stayed up that night to write some lyrics, he really was deep into his music, he always tried to keep it in his life no matter how busy he got, of course, he could have someone write them for him and he could do solo projects here and there, but what is the fun in that. With all those thoughts, why have it piled in your mind when you can let them escape and live happily on paper?

“And it spins, the bittersweet taste, chocolate…no.” He scribbled the line out dark and almost ripped the page. “ing chocolate.” He threw the book off to the side and got up from the desk, he changed into his usual sleep attire before laying down, this place was his own, his family gave it to him, it used to be where they stored everything but Yongguk asked for it as they decided to give it up, and now he owned it and could do and wear whatever he wanted.

His eyes fluttered shut while he checked through his phone for updates, he was sleepy, the day was busy and being a leader continued being hard but he found the good in it for the time being.

The next morning was dreary; Alex woke up her feet where her head was supposed to be. She looked around confused at the new placement and laughed, it coming off as lazy, the sleep masking it. She sat up and stretched in her spot, too lazy to actually stand all the way up and make her muscles relaxed. She dreamed of America, back home in her bed, an elephant and ghosts…she really had no clue why maybe the new surroundings. Her feet finally decided to move and took her to the window. The rain aggressively kissed the window, the sky painted gray. She sighed again, happy because of the weather, but worried if she had a class to teach. She went back to the bed finally finding her phone, it had one class set and the alarm was planning to ring five minutes later. But on her screen appeared a text.

From Teach: Stay home today, the power cut.

Alex threw the phone against the bed and jumped up and down happily, she spun into the living room and into the kitchen directly after. She scanned the fridge and pulled out her empty milk carton. “Okay, when did I do this?” She set it down on the counter and groaned. It was pouring and now she needed milk, of all days for the milk to be finished. She went to the door and pulled her jacket from its’ hook. Her hair messy from sleeping and in desperate need of brushing, the knots would be massive if she didn’t.

Her umbrella opened suddenly and she placed it over her head, the hood wouldn’t be enough for this rain and she knew it. She looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter