Chapter 1

Just Another Wolf Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even the fiercest and fluffiest wolves experience the cold. Jaebum, being one of the alphas, does his duties for the pack despite the harsh weather. Now turned into his human form, he is carrying  an orange fox on his shoulder, not too big, not too small, probably just enough to feed two families at least. He now shivers a little as he picks up his shirt already damp from the snow. He doesn’t forget to pick up a few berries too. Not that many wolves love wild berries, but his best friend Jinyoung does, so why not. He smiles thinking how Jinyoung would probably scold him for making the effort, but would immediately store these precious berries in one of his cookie jars, and make some tea out of them. He’ll surely make a cup for him too. While drinking the warm tea, Jinyoung would certainly dry him off with a clean towel, scold him some more and…

“Jaebum, we should head back home!” his buddy Mark pats his back, waking Jaebum up from his daydream. The other was carrying a few squirrels that would probably taste best if boiled with veggies.

“Why? Where’s Jackson?”

“Jinyoung called—-and…” Mark looks uneasy.

“What’s wrong?!” Jaebum drops everything he’s carrying.

“Calm down. It’s just— you know.”

“What?!” Jaebum’s unnecessarily shaking Mark’s shoulder now causing the other to groan.

“It’s just—- it’s starting again. You know what I mean, the moon thing with omegas.”

Jaebum cheeks turn into tomatoes. He clears his throat. “Yeah, let’s hurry,” he picks his stuff up fast and jogs back to their town.


 

 

 


When Jaebum reaches Jinyoung’s home, he doesn’t knock on the front door. He climbs up a tree and gets into Jinyoung’s room through the window. He finds Jinyoung in his bed, his whole body covered by one of his thick blankets.

Being half , Jaebum feels self conscious. He decides to put one Jinyoung’s old shirt and immediately regrets it. Not only is it two sizes smaller, it also smells so sweet like his best friend.

“Jaebum hyung?” came in Jinyoung’s voice in a whisper.

“Yeah, sorry, I’m late. I went out farther east in the woods. Are you alright?” His voice laced with concern.

“I’m a bit used to it by now, I guess. You should go.” Jinyoung finally lifts the blanket off his face and looks at Jaebum with tired eyes.

“Guess you are not jumping onto me this time?” Jaebum teases but Jinyoung can see some disappointment on his face.

“Not proud of it, but I have to admit, I had my moments of weakness. And it only happened a couple of times. Not tonight though. Good night, hyung.” He covers his face with the blanket once again.

“I probably should stay here in case some other alpha sneaks in your bed tonight.” Jaebum stations himself at the foot of Jinyoung’s bed.

“Hyung, I can smell you from here.” Jinyoung laughs. He just can’t believe the effect Jaebum has on him. Unlike other alphas, Jaebum just doesn’t strike him as dangerous, he feels even more safe with him when he’s experiencing heat.

“Do I smell good?” Jaebum tries his luck.

“Yeah, delicious.” Jinyoung was telling the truth. “You are making it hard for me to resist.”

Jaebum sighs. “Stop flirting with me.”

“You wish…”

And just like that Jinyoung drifts off to wonderland. He’s actually dreaming about his best friend and what happened two years ago…

The day Jinyoung turned sixteen, he was suddenly reeking of that sweet scent all omegas had. That same day he stopped training with his hyungs; that same day he said good bye to hunting trips, because it was too dangerous for him. Like all other omegas, he lacked strength and power relative to alphas. Like all other omegas, he is now a target of other wolves from enemy packs who would love to get their hands on them.

….When Jaebum found Jinyoung crying in his room that day, he calmly knocked on his door. “Jinyoung, are you alright?”

“Hyung, you can’t come in.” Jinyoung says as he slides down sitting on the cold floor, his back against the door.

“I know.” Jaebum sighs at the other side. He can get a sniff of Jinyoung’s new permanent perfume scent, and it’s invigorating to say the least. Jaebum tries to get a hold of himself by clenching his fists until his nails cut through his skin. He can’t let the animal inside him get in the way of him comforting his best friend.

“Things don’t have to change, Jinyoung. All four us can still hang out together.”

Jinyoung does not answer but Jaebum can still hear his soft sniffles.

“Are you scared?”

“…”

“I’ll protect you, you know. All three of us will. I promise. You can still be the same old Jinyoung, be all happy and carefree. You don’t need to lock yourself in your room. No one will hurt you, as long as I’m here.”

“I—I don’t need your protection hyung, I can take care of myself.” Deep inside Jinyoung knows he’s lying to himself. Well, he knew a few omegas and they were never without their alpha mates.

“I can be your alpha if you want.” Jaebum clears his throat. “I— I mean, that is until we can find you your alpha mate.”

Jinyoung laughs bitterly. “It hurts. It just hurts.”

“Jinyoung, should I come in! Are you okay?!”

“No, hyung. I think you just broke my heart.”

From that day on, Jaebum never again mentioned about finding Jinyoung a mate. Heck, he never even meant to say that either. He actually hurt himself in the process. Jinyoung stopped talking to him for a while and that’s when Jaebum realised how much he missed him and how real his feelings are actually for his best friend. He has not confessed his feelings yet though, afraid that he might hurt him in some other way again.


 

 

 


Jaebum and Jinyoung are best friends. That’s what they call themselves. Jaebum had always been with Jinyoung, since they were children. But nowadays, probably because they are growing older, people start seeing a change or was it that they just didn’t notice it before?

“Hey Bam! Wanna bet?” Jackson announces his presence in the Tuan’s household.

“Don’t pull a cheap trick on my baby brother.” Mark comments, while he’s sharpening his hunting tools.

“Hyung~~, I’m no longer a baby~”. BamBam whines.

“But you talk like one~~.” Jackson teases.

BamBam pouts, clearly offended.

“But seriously guys, I just found Jaebum hyung hanging out with Jinyoung last night, in his room—-

“While Jinyoung’s on heat?!” Mark blurts out in shock.

“Ewwwww.” BamBam says disgusted.

“Thanks for spreading false news once again. I can’t believe you call yourself his brother.” Jaebum comes out of Mark’s restroom to Jackson’s surprise.

“Hehe, I was just kidding.” Jackson tries massaging Jaebum’s shoulders. “Hmmmmm, do you guys wanna bet if they’ll do it before Jinyoung’s 18th birthday?”

“I say a week after.” Mark smirks.

“How long have they liked each other?” BamBam asks out of curiosity.

“Mind including me in this conversation. First of all Jinyoung and I are just friends. Second, stop pretending as if I’m not in the room!”

“Hyung, you should be ashamed of yourself. Even Jinyoung doesn’t deny his feelings for you but—

“H—e said something?” Jaebum falls into Jackson’s trap.

“Let me tell you a story of how Jinyoung told me his feelings for you, well sort of anyway…”

 

“I’m your big brother, why do you always take Jaebum hyung’s side?!” Young Jackson was crying one day because Young Jaebum accidentally gave him a black eye. Kids being kids,  they were jumping around wildly by the river when Jaebum slipped and hit Jackson. Damn, Jaebum’s fist was like solid rock. Despite Jaebum’s apology, Jackson still wanted to get even. Young Jinyoung pulled him away before he can do anything to Jaebum.

“Jackson ah, we both know that it was an accident. Please don’t fight with Jaebum hyung.” 8-year-old Jinyoung explains to 8-year-old Jackson when they reached home.

“You call him hyung, but you just call me Jackson!”

“But we are of the same age~

“Hmph, doesn’t matter. I know very well that if Mark hyung didn’t have lil’ Bam, and Jaebum hyung didn’t have lil’ Gyeom, and the pack elders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter