Chapter 2

Just Another Wolf Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung wakes up a day after with a really bad headache. The shouting from downstairs doesn’t help.

“Appa, I’m sure you can do something. You are a friends with Head Alpha Jongkook. Can’t you tell him to spare Jaebum hyung this once?!”

“You should remember that that poor kid Youngjae was first chosen to represent our pack when Jaebum asked the Head Alpha to take his place.” His father, Gary, knows that even his friendship with the Head Alpha will not give him any favours, since they are currently facing a big crisis.

“Appa! You don’t know what this will do to Jinyoung!? He’s been unconscious for three days, trying to save Jaebum hyung’s life, and now you are saying we can’t do anything and we just let him die in this stupid duel?!”

“What you can do for Jaebum is to find him an omega who can—ughh stress~~ you know what I mean. Your mom would know someone who could help. I need to go.” Gary walks out on him.

Then suddenly Jackson hears footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Jackson, what is this duel you guys are talking about?”

“Jinyoung!” Jackson hurries to his brother’s side to keep him steady. “Hey, you should not go walking around when you are still weak.” Jackson leads him to sit on the sofa in their living room.

“So I was out for three days and Jaebum hyung’s gotten into trouble again?” Jinyoung rubs his forehead to ease the pain.

“Yesterday, the Head Alpha announced that we are to have a duel with the pack from the West Woods. They are from same pack who attacked Jaebum hyung the other night. Apparently, they originally planned to start war and ransack our supplies. However, they figured it wasn’t very practical given the harsh weather we are having; they made a deal instead, which is to carry out the said fight between us young alphas. Whoever wins will get the pack’s food and medicine supply.”

“And Jaebum hyung got chosen.” Jinyoung sighs.

“It was Youngjae initially, apart from Junho hyung and Chansung hyung.”

“I’m sorry, but why not Taecyeon hyung instead?”

“Of course Junho and Chansung hyung volunteered. Taecyeon hyung wanted to as well, but he just found out that he’s going to be a father.”

“He knocked up the Head Alpha’s daughter?!”

“Yeah and take note, it isn’t Jessica noona, it’s Krystal.”

“What?!”

“Soooo anyway, the Head Alpha had to draw names from the fish bowl instead.”

“That’s just ridiculous.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Jaebum hyung, m—my older sister, she can help. I just don’t know how to thank you for risking your life for me.” Youngjae blurts out as he nervously approaches Jaebum who is feeding the chickens in the barn.

“Youngjae, I’m gonna be alright. S-she doesn’t need to do that.” Jaebum blushes at the thought of sleeping with an omega, “However, you can do something for me.”

“Anything hyung.” Youngjae nods enthusiastically.

“Jinyoungie, my best friend, you know him right?”

“Of course.”

“He missed his birthday two days ago because of me. How about you help me prepare a feast for him? I heard you can cook.”


 

 

 

 

Ever since Jinyoung heard about the duel, he had lost his appetite. He hasn’t even called Jaebum to talk since he heard he’s training. Jinyoung’s been pacing back and forth in his room for three hours now, Jackson being the babysitter just had enough his anxiousness.

“What is it, Jinyoungie?” Jackson forces him to sit on his bed.

“Jaebum hyung can fight well, right?”

“Yes.”

“The duel’s tomorrow though?”

“Yes, and you’ve asked me that ten times already.”

“Jackson, I can’t lose him.” Jinyoung finally tears up.

“I know. Do you want me to take his place?” Jackson offers.

“No! How can you think that?!”

“You are my brother.”

“Jackson, no offence but you don’t have a mean bone in your body. You can’t win a fight.”

Jackson rolls his eyes after hearing his brother’s comment. He actually wanted to say something to defend his pride but seeing how Jinyoung is so tensed right now, “Actually, Mark hyung and I are planning to interrupt the fight if anything goes way south.”

Jinyoung’s eyes widen at the realisation. “I—I’ll help,” he says with determination in his eyes. “I—I can put up a fight too!”

“Okay.” Jackson smiles, finding Jinyoung too adorable. “I’ll let you help if you promise you’ll admit your feelings to Jaebum hyung once everything’s over.”

“Jackson, what are you talking about?!” Jinyoung is now turning red as a tomato.

“Well, you are now 18, obviously an adult. Gone through heat a few times too and who was there with you every time?”

“Jackson, me and Jaebum hyung are just—-

Their conversation was cut off when the lights in the room was suddenly turned off.

 

“Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Jinyoungie~~”

And Jinyoung’s heart stopped seeing Jaebum holding a Happy Birthday cake with candles. Mark and BamBam also came in holding balloons and presents. He also sees Yugyeom and finally Youngjae who brought in roasted turkey and fried chicken.

“Happy Birthday, baby brother!” Jackson kisses Jinyoung’s cheek just to annoy him.

Instead, Jaebum gets annoyed. “Yah, Jackson, you punk!”

“Jaebum hyung… are you feeling better?” Jaebum heart races hearing Jinyoung’s voice.

“I should probably set this up on the dinner table.” Jackson smoothly takes the cake away from Jaebum. He signals the others to follow him.


 

 

 

 


“How are you?” They say at the same time. Then they chuckle. Then they turn silent.

Jaebum holds Jinyoung’s hand first. “Jinyoung ah, tomorrow, I have to go—

“I know. I heard everything from Jackson.”

“Are you mad?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter