Chapter 2

Cash Me Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2;

 

They're out.

 

They almost got caught once since apparently, Taemin forgot to share the fact that Jinki also knows all of these secret corridors. But thanks to Minho's quick reflex, they pulled into a room which was thankfully empty. The escaping from that moment went surprisingly easy as the boy leaded them out of the building. They got into Minho's car parking near to the palace-like house and the big runaway has begun.

 

Since then, the blonde boy hasn't said a word, only switching back and forth between emotions. Like in one minute, as the light hits his flawless face he smiles while enjoying it and Minho swears the smile itself is brighter than the whole Sun but in the second, he looks like he's in the verge of tears, biting down on his lower lip. When the criminal hears a soft sob coming from the other, he's got enough.

 

"Look kid, if you want to go back, we can still turn back." He says as a matter of fact. He really wouldn't mind getting off this burden and keeping the necklace- since it wasn't his fault the deal would be broken.

 

"No, I don't want to go back. Not yet." Taemin hurriedly shakes his head, some tears escaping from his eyes while doing it but he quickly swiping them away. He doesn't want to cry in front of Minho but it's really burden him down. He betrayed his parents, who have taken care of him so well through the years. He should've left a note at least saying he will be back in three days.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Very."

 

"Really?"

 

"Really."

 

Minho sighs, quirking an eyebrow.

 

"So then, where to go?" The man asks without taking his eyes from the road. He just started to drive but he honestly doesn't know where they're heading.

 

"Hm? I don't know." Taemin shudders his shoulders and stares at the scenery calmly, trying to avoid thinking back to his parents probably getting worried about him since Jinki couldn't find him all day. Suddenly he knocks his head to the window when the car stops.

 

"You don't know?!" The boy hears Minho ask in a high pitched voice and he turns around to see him staring at him with wide eyes. "Then what the hell did you plan to do in three days, other than annoying me and making your parents sick of worry?"

 

"I thought you would entertain me." Taemin mumbles and juts his lower lip out as he was sure Minho knows this. "I wasn't outside since a while other than going to school and back. Thanks to you, of course. Plus, I'm not annoying at all."

 

"So you were locked into that house?" Minho knows Taemin just tries to guilty trip him but it really works, feeling sorry for the nineteen-year-old boy.

 

"Yeah, pretty much."

 

"Are you living in a freaking fairytale?" Minho hits the wheel repeatedly, taking all of his anger out on the poor thing while the blonde boy entertains himself on the sight. "What next, it turns out you're the missing prince of a magical kingdom? I wouldn't even be surprised."

 

Taemin doesn't response, a little mad at the man since it's his fault he's getting worked up. He tried to kidnap Taemin but failed- which led to all this mess. Maybe it's Taemin's fault, too since he ran away from the criminal to be rescued.

 

"Wait, does it makes me the Prince Charming?" Minho wonders with a small smile playing on the corner of his lips. He likes the idea. The criminal turned prince who helps out the princess- this time prince- out of trouble. They go through a lots of fun together until the criminal brings the prince him. But in the end, he would rather choose the reward to be in money than the hand of the prince. Too troublesome.

 

Taemin doesn't response this time as well but slaps the criminal on his arm.

 

Hard.

 

 

*

 

 

Since Taemin had no idea where to go- he's not a creative soul, that's for sure- Minho tries to think where he wants to go. Home, that's sure. But since he can't go straight home because of the deal he chooses the second best option which is the park.

 

Somehow Taemin has a kind of impression of a puppy so Minho think he'll enjoy the park. Like he can run around to feel the breeze catching into his hair, he can roll around in the grass and Minho swears he won't stop him running into the lake if he wishes for. After all, he won't spoil anyone's fun.

 

(Or parks can be romantic places, like strolling around while holding hands, watching the sunset or have a picnic.

 

Not like he wishes any of this. Not at all.)

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter