Six

Twenty-One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you smiling so much."

"Heh, cause it tastes good!"

 

Since Chanyeol owned some pretty long legs, the steps he walked was too broad for Jiyeon, making her have to run when he got too far. Chanyeol looked at her doing that and walked slower to match her pace.

 

"Sunbae, what are you going to do when you graduate?"

"What do you mean by that, it's obvious I'm going to get a job."

 

"True... I mean why would a medical major worry about their future?" Chanyeol had a light smile on his face at her disheartened voice and turned around when he felt empty by his side. He saw Jiyeon looking down at the ground while jutting her lips, Chanyeol went down on one knee as he looked up at her and said- 

"You always get above average scores, what's the problem? It's not like our school is unknown."

"... They say it's hard to get a good job these days, even if we graduate."

 

"You're lucky, sunbae... You have a great future ahead." Chanyeol tucked Jiyeon's hair behind her ear and said to her- "If you become my wife, you wouldn't have to do anything." After flinching slightly from his touch, Jiyeon looked at him as he got up from the ground. She couldn't even tell if he was joking or serious.

"You have to find someone as high level as you, not me, sunbae."

"... Then, who's at my level?"

Jiyeon scratched her head at the question, not really able to think of anyone. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and walked ahead, Jiyeon quickly following."

"I choose the person I want to be with, not this level ."

"Hmph- Sunbae, I'm going to see what kind of girl you'll be with, got it?"

Chanyeol shook his head as he thought to himself "Not even having a pinch of wits is a problem..." The two returned to the pansion and Soojung appeared in front of Jiyeon before dragging her up to her room. 

 

"They said that we were going to go to the beach, but the waves were too strong so we can't"

"... Seriously? Aw, I wanted to go."

"But, we're going to the amusement park instead! Right now, change your clothes!"

 

This place where they were having the MT was Wolmido, a place famous for their shore and the amusement park. Jiyeon looked around at all the girls in the room, filled with the sound of hair dryers and the aroma of floral perfumes. She blinked, wondering why they were all busy getting dolled up aloud.

"When you think of amusement parks- dates!!! Everyone is busy trying to find someone to go with them."

"... What do you mean?"

"They told us we're going around in pairs! Boy girl pairs!"

 

Jiyeon finally understood and formed into a O. Soojung clapped in her face to wake her up, and tried to find something in her suitcase that Jiyeon could wear. "So that's why you were wearing a skirt..." Jiyeon then asked who Soojung was going to pair up with, she blushed slightly as she replied-

 

"You're asking just to make fun of me, aren't you?"

"... Oh yeah, I almost forgot you liked Kim Taehyung."

 

Soojung flicked Jiyeon's forehead and handed her a outfit as she pushed her to the restroom. Jiyeon came out soon, brushing the wrinkles from the top. As expected, it looked good on her, since it was Soojung who had picked out the outfit for her and because Jiyeon could wear a potato sack and still be gorgeous. 

She nodded in approvement and clapped, bringing Jiyeon in front of the mirror. Soojung took out a curling iron and put waves into Jiyeon's hair and putting light makeup on her. 

"Wow, how can you be this pretty, maybe I should switch up."

"... Really? Yoongi sunbae didn't like when I wore short stuff."

"That's exactly why you should keep on wearing it."

 

Jiyeon tilted her head at Soojung's logic. After all that, Soojung spritzed perfume on her as she said- "I'm going to confess to Kim Taehyung today." Jiyeon widened her eyes and awkwardly encouraged her- "Good luck, you guys look good together." She felt a weird cramped feeling and just silently drank from a water bottle.

 

"Here, a present from me to you!"

"... Heels? I can barely even walk in them though..."

"That's why I got them for you, you should learn how to wear these. Plus, they're wedges, it's easy to walk in them. Start dressing up nicely, I can't work as your stylist forever!"

 

"You're just putting your pretty face to waste if you don't do this once in a while." Soojung patted Jiyeon's cheeks a few times with a smile and placed the heels in front of her. Jiyeon laughed once and slipped into the shoes carefully before heading out with her. 

 

"Whoa... I heard Jiyeon follows around Min Yoongi, what the hell did he do to deserve her? Lucky bastard..."

"Exactly, I don't get why he even pushes her away."

 

All of the guys stared at her and... just kept on doing that, most of them couldn't eve approach her.

 

"Yah, look over there."

"..." 

When Jiyeon looked over to the place that Soojung was pointing at, it was Yoongi leaning against a wall, looking at the ground as he kicked the pebbles. Before seeing what he was doing, what caught her eyes was what he was wearing. A white dress shirt with a black tie, he was holding a black blazer, his expression didn't seem too happy either.

 

"Oh, there you are, I was looking for-... What's this, why'd dress up so pretty?"

 

"... Are you here to seduce someone? Why do you have makeup like that?"

 

"Go change into something longer."

 

"What up with the heels? You don't usually wear these."

 

"Wow, look at everyone's expressions, seems like you're going to get punished, sunbaenim."

 

"Holy , and I thought you couldn't get any more pretty."

 

"... Noona, I told you to dress warmly."

 

At her appearance, they all started pouring compliments and worries, Jiyeon was slightly embarrassed at all of the attention. 

"Uh, but why is everyone gathered around here?"

"... Who are you going to pair with?"

At Wonwoo's question, all of them waited for her answer with sweaty palms, but felt someone join them. They groaned and sighed once they saw Yoongi here and Jiyeon smiled brightly at him.

 

"Sunbae, can we... uh, pair up today?"

"..?"

"I dressed up like this for you, sunbae... Please?"

 

The guys looked at him with slight envy once they heard that, a bit of anxiety as well, they waited for something to happen, hopefully something that makes Jiyeon not go with Yoongi.

 

"Sorry, I have to get back up to Seoul today."

"Why? Can't you stay for today?"

"... It's just some trouble with family."

Jiyeon frowned once she heard that kicked a rock on the ground, Yoongi put on a light smile and said to her- "I'll play with you once we meet again in Seoul." Jiyeon's head shot up and beamed.

"Oppa, you promised!!!"

"... Oppa again? Choose one, sunbae or oppa."

Jiyeon smiled like an idiot, and Yoongi rolled his eyes before turning around to leave. The guys were cheering in their heads and looked back at Jiyeon to see who she was going to pair with after Jungkook asked the question again.

 

"Noona, who are you going to go to the amusement park with?"

"Hmm, I'm not sure... Oh, Taehyung-ah!"

"Huh? Me? Oh w-what."

 

"You should go with Soojung." Taehyung frowned in disappointment and asked why, Jiyeon just awkwardly answered that she wanted to talk to him about something. A few of them understood what Jiyeon was talking about and smiled, one less competitor. Since Soojung was Jiyeon's best friend, Taehyung couldn't decline and stressfully ruffled his hair.

"Yah, Park Jiyeon."

"... Yeah?"

"I'll do it, but I'm taking you out on a date once we get back to Seoul."

"...If you can still manage to say that this evening, then fine."

 From her eyes, Soojung and Taehyung seemed like a good couple and she guessed that Taehyung wouldn't reject her. She was wrong.

 

"Okay, then... Jungkook-ah, I'll go with you, I still need to pay you back for that meal."

"... S-seriously?!"

 

Jungkook smiled widely, but self-conciously bowed his head when he remembered that the other sunbaes were here. He quietly shifted next to Jiyeon, but still had a celebration in his mind. Jiyeon actually put a lot of thought into this decision of pairing with Jungkook. If she chooses Chanyeol, it could ruin the friendship between him and Baekhyun, if she chooses Wonwoo, Mingyu would have no one around to talk with, and if she chooses Jimin, she had a feeling that it would be a very tiring day. That was why she used the explanation of paying back to go with Jungkook. During this awkward silence, a girl came up to them.

 

"Chanyeol sunbae!- No, Chanyeol oppa!"

"..?" (aka: Dafuq?)

 

When Chanyeol stared at her with a who-the-hell-are-you expression, it seemed to faze Jinri. Her name was pretty well known around the school for being a SM trainee, not too positive though. 

 

"Choi Jinri, a first year in theatre arts... You haven't heard of me?"

"Was I supposed to?"

"Th-then you can just get to know me!"

"I don't see anything positive about getting to know you."

"O-once you see how I am-"

 

"I thought I was giving a lot of hints to get lost, did you lose your sense of perception instead?" At his harsh and cold words, Jinri bit her lips as her fists shook. Baekhyun just watched with a smirk from the side, and Wonwoo and Mingyu already lost interest and left, since they saw this way too many times. Jungkook, who was very familiar with Jinri's true form laughed while covering his face along with Jimin. All Jiyeon did was flick her eyes back and forth. Suddenly, Jinri glared over to her and said-

 

"I'm really curious on what you said to all of them to make them so blind. I feel bad for all of these sunbaes and Jeon Jungkook, I guess they don't know you're just playing with them. Once this girl throws you away, you can come to me, I would never do this."

Jinri finally took off her nice mask and made stinging comments to Jiyeon. She clenched her teeth and held back the anger that was on the verge off exploding. While she was debating on saying something back to her, Chanyeol opened his mouth first. "Just because you have a mouth, doesn't mean anything can come out of it, keep the to yourself." 

"Seems like you forgot that Jiyeon is your sunbae, I'm hoping you would speak nicely for once in your f**king life."

 

"I haven't seen anyone this goddamn pathetic before, wow. It's funny how you release anger from your sick life."

 

"What did you say yesterday? You called sunbae a , correct? I think you're talking about yourself, . I expect that from a person as egocentric as you."

 

Jinri slightly stuttered when all of the insults came towards her but continued.

"Well it's true that she's going around relying on her face, isn't it? And all you guys are just one of her puppets. Also, what's different about me doing this to Chanyeol sunbae, and her hitting on Min Yoongi sunbae? What, when I do it, it's ty, and when she does it, it's an innocent confession?"

They rolled their eyes and got ready to pour down on her again, but the one who stopped them were none other than Jiyeon. She took a deep breath and let it out, signalling that she's heard enough. "Okay, then I'll start hitting on you, make sure to close your eyes, got it? I'm pretty easy to fall for." Jiyeon kicked off her wedges quickly before holding her fists in front of her chest and aiming her foot at Jinri's face for a roundhouse kick.

 

The guys' mouths dropped at her kick and Jinri held her breath and closed her eyes tightly. When she felt no contact, she opened her eyes slightly and saw Jiyeon's foot that stopped next to her neck. The guys turned around quickly once they saw that the shorts were dangerously short. Jiyeon looked at Jinri and smirked, she then brought down her foot .

 

"Loosen up, someone would think I was trying to kill you or something."

"I-I-I w-was-"

"Looks like your language skills worsened, what happened to the girl that was spitting out words fluently a few moments ago?"

 

The shock from the kick still didn't go away, and Jinri backed away slowly before runnning away. Jiyeon rolled her eyes, but all the guys turned around in a straight line caught her eye.

 

"Uh... what are you doing?"

"... Are you done?"

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow at Jimin's question, and one by one they turned around. She explained that she took Taekwondo since she was young, and they all made a note in their head, do not mess with her too much. Even Baekhyun,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter