Apart Too Long

Something He Should Have Seen

    Hyuk glared across the table at Ken before catching himself and managing to shake his head like he was just tired. Ken had ignored the action and was now making kissy faces at HongBin who had taken the joke and was just laughing. The older boy had such a pretty laugh, that’s right, pretty. People didn’t call HongBin a flower for nothing, with pale skin, fluffy chocolate colored hair, gentle eyes, and a smile that brought out the most adorable dimples he was delicate looking for sure. Only delicate looking though. Honestly it had all started when he first met the older boy. They were still trainees but HongBin had always been beautiful and in the beginning he had sort of kept to himself. It wasn’t like the older boy wasn’t social or didn’t play with them, but he was mysterious and rarely talked about himself. Hyuk suspected that even now, years after they’d debuted, the older boy still got sort of overwhelmed with their craziness and would just take a step back and laugh. It was almost at introvert status but not quite. He wasn’t Leo but he was sort of mysterious. A mysterious prince with a beautiful smile that could melt snow or the coldest of hearts. Although he looked delicate he didn’t exactly bow to the others, even if they were older. He was very honest and spoke his mind without worrying about how the hyungs would take it. After a while it had just become something they’d accepted. The hyungs just sort of left him alone but Hyuk couldn’t do it. He liked to see the older boy get a little worked up… or a lot worked up. A smile spread on his face just thinking about it.

    “Hyung” he latched onto the older boy’s sleeve and prepared a cute pouting face, “Do you think I’m cute?”

    “This kid…” his favorite hyung noted with a smile faintly trying to push him away for being such a ham. Hyuk wasn’t planning on letting him escape easily. He’d been away filming a drama and the younger boy hated it, he hated missing his favorite hyung.

    “I’m your favorite right? Cause I’m cute?” He flashed his cutest smile and rubbed his head against the boy’s arm like a kitten, rewarded with a gentle pat on his head.

    “Yeah, you’re cute Hyukkie.”

    “And your favorite?”

    “Of course. I hate everyone else, remember?” He noted and Hyuk looked up to see him making clean eye contact with their leader as he said it. He was being feisty and he’d just gotten back. Silly hyung. Leader Cha flashed a sweet smile at the second youngest member and moved over to pull the other boy into his arms. “Ah HongBinnie, you missed me? How cute!” N cheered and HongBin groaned loudly, trying to push his leader away. Finally he accepted the hug and pat their hyung on the shoulder. Hyuk felt his irritation rise, not only had N stolen his HongBin away, he was trying to keep him? It became too much and he jumped in to pull the lighter haired boy from their leader’s grasp. Ravi had already greeted the older boy with a silly rap and Leo and HongBin had exchanged nods and small smile before going their own way. It was all normal, like he had just come back from the gym or something. It wasn’t good enough for Hyuk. He needed enough attention to make up for the time the older boy was gone. He had missed him a lot. It was better with his favorite hyung around. He felt alive again. HongBin was warm and fun and he made all of these silly and happy feelings rise. When the maknae had seen him step foot in the dorm his heart nearly jumped out of his chest and his mouth had gone dry. Even though he’d been clinging to the older boy since then his heart wouldn’t settle, his excitement was too strong, and every brush of bare skin sent chills up his spine.

    “Binnie hyung” he noted, “I dyed my hair blonde, do you like it?”

    The older boy looked over at him and narrowed his eyes for a moment as if he was concentrating, “I like it. It looks nice.” Ah, butterflies raced through the younger boy and for a moment the excitement paralyzed him. He missed this. It was addicting.

    “Let him sit and eat dinner, Hyukkie” Leo noted softly and he knew he couldn’t deny the quiet hyung. He’d definitely get hit. He sighed and released the older boy but still sat as close as he could in his chair, thankful that the older boy had chosen to sit next to him. They ate and chatted for a bit but the youngest was desperate for contact. He’d gone too long without his fix. He brushed the older boy’s hand on the table, only half intentionally, and recieved burning chills against his nervous system and a rise in his chest. This was definitely bliss. He had once wondered what exactly he felt for his flower hyung but had dismissed the thought. Did it matter? He felt it either way. After they’d eaten HongBin let one of his hands droop under the table so Hyuk took the chance to wrap their pinkies together. At first it looked like his hyung might argue but Hyuk squeezed his finger and smiled as sweetly as he could. The older boy sighed and let his attention drift back to Ken and Ravi who were acting out some crazy scenario. After a while the interlocked fingers weren’t enough anymore and Hyuk was trying to weasel his way into full hand holding but HongBin pulled away to defend himself from N after some snappy comment. The younger boy pouted to himself for a bit but when the games began he used that opportunity to wrap an arm around the other boy. That gesture seemed to go unnoticed but then the flower hyung pulled him into the games. It was so fun… and so addicting.

 

    HongBin ignored the tingling of Hyuk’s touch on his shoulders and did his best to play with the others. He’d been gone for too long, he wasn’t numb or immune anymore. The adorable puppy looking kid cuddled up against him all night and he guessed that the others had given him a hard time with HongBin gone. As much as he joked that he hated his weirdo bandmates he really did love them and he’d missed them all a lot. He’d forgotten how adorable and fun they all were. Either way, as much as he wanted to shower the cute puppy with attention he needed to show everyone some so that it didn’t seem suspicious. So that he kept up the act and no one knew. No one else. Stupid HakYeon Hyung. Anyone could tell that he really did like Hyuk best but their esteemed leader had seen right through him barely a month into their time together. It was okay as long as he never acted on his impulses. As long as he never scared or hurt the maknae. As long as he never ruined everything. He rubbed his temples as the young boy’s fingertips brushed his bare collarbone for the sixth time. It was hard to concentrate, the sensation made him dizzy with want. His mind was getting too hazy to keep up with everything. Slender fingers ran through the back of his hair and he twitched as the cute maknae adjust his hair to sit flat. He couldn’t take it. It was getting hard to breath.

    “Are you feeling okay?” JaeHwan asked him with concerned eyes.

    “Yeah sorry, I’m just really tired.” he noted.

    “Go rest!” WonShik demanded before proceeding to make a stupid joke, HongBin laughed. It wouldn’t be funny if it wasn’t the deceptively adorable and really silly Ravi. He excused himself from the table, and the younger boy’s grasp, smoothly to go collapse onto his bed. The new dorm was nice, individual rooms were the best. He could think all he wanted and he didn’t have someone else messing up his space. He wasn’t exactly a perfectionist but he liked a clean room best. He laid there for a minute, staring at the ceiling and trying to calm his racing heart and supercharged veins. Maybe a shower would help. He pulled himself up out of the bed, unpacked his toiletries from his bag and picked out some clothes to wear to bed before making his way to the bathroom. A long shower felt nice. The cold water soothed his burning skin and the steady song calmed his mind. He knew he shouldn’t have agreed to be gone so long. He also knew better than to give himself relief in a room with thin walls and his bandmates’ rooms on either side. After drying his hair and brushing his teeth he felt a little better and a lot calmer. Calm enough to remind his heart that it was absolutely not allowed to act in such a disgraceful and thoughtless manner. He made his way back into his bedroom to collapse into the blankets and stare at the glowing stars on his ceiling. Hyuk had put them on when they’d first moved in. They glowed a soft green and were set up in shapes to match the ones in the maknae’s room. ‘So they would see the same sky.’ or so the kid had explained. Originally he hadn’t wanted them, he was afraid it would keep him up but he was glad he’d let the kid have his way. It was calming and it made him think of the cute younger boy.


 

    Hyuk tossed and turned for almost an hour before he pulled himself out of bed and began to pace. He hadn’t been able to get it out of his mind and if he didn’t connect the dots he wouldn’t be able to sleep. He thought back to sitting with his arm on his favorite addiction while they played games. By accident he’d brushed the soft pale skin of HongBin’s collar just barely revealed by his shirt. At first it shocked him and the sensation that rocked through him almost made him pull away but he knew that it would be suspicious. He worried a little that the older boy would push him away but when he went to check his expression he’d seen something incredible. HongBin’s pretty milky cheeks were tinted a soft pink and his eyes had widened with his mouth open slightly. The expression had only lasted a millisecond and he was sure no one else saw it but… It was too beautiful. That face was burned into his memory and he was wondering if he’d ever need another fantasy ever. Probably not. He knew it was wrong to think ual thoughts about his bandmates but what no one knew wouldn’t kill them. On the fourth try the older boy stopped reacting and had returned to normal, making Hyuk wonder if it had even actually happened in the first place.

    But if it was real… what did it mean? Was that a soft spot for his hyung? Something that made his skin crawl, his spine tingle? Even if it was, would it work if someone else did it? Was it just Hyuk? He’d never seen their straight talking flower boy look like that before but he wanted more. He really wanted more. A whim crossed his mind and he froze in his pacing to consider it. He collapsed back onto his bed and stared at the stars above him. Stars that matched his hyung’s. He wondered if the older boy was looking at them or if they gave him the same warm and happy feelings that they gave Hyuk. Up until now everything Hyuk had tried worked. Couple shirts, matching bracelets and hats, stars on their ceiling, being on the same team, but all that was so innocent. It could just mean friends. Weren’t they friends? But Hyuk wanted more. He had stifled all of those thoughts at the counseling on their famed Kenjumma but at that time he hadn’t been with his hyung for a long time… and he hadn’t seen that expression. That beautiful, vulnerable, struggling expression. It flashed in his mind and he felt the wildness in his heart start to pool lower. Screw caution, screw it. He missed his favorite hyung and if he could get that expression out of him once he planned to do it again. He was sure that if it went south he could ask one of the other hyungs to smooth everything out and he could act like nothing happened. He grabbed his pillow and pushed out of his door only to find a tired looking Cha HakYeon propped against the exact door he wanted.

    He was not about to share HongBin now and had full attention of finding some way to sneak past but the man was already looking at him with expectant eyes.

    “What are you doing?” the man asked their maknae.

    “I want to sleep with HongBin hyung. I missed him.” He’d rely on his maknae charm.

    “Uh huh. That’s all you want?” The leader knew something. His voice was suspicious, “If you go in there, are you going to crawl in and sleep with him?”

    “I… am.”

    “Is that all you want from him?”

    Hyuk looked away and gulped. Oh yeah, the leader had caught him red handed.

    “If you go in there, are you willing to bare the consequences.”

    “Hyung won’t hate me right?” he asked soft and their leader raised an eyebrow before sighing.

    “Whatever, but if you go in there I’m not helping you later. This is my warning.”

    “I want to see my hyung.”

    The leader shrugged and abandoned his perch against the door to head back to his own room, calling over his shoulder, “Ask if it’s okay first.”

    Like Hell. Hyuk thought to himself as he wondered how a conversation that started out with “Hyung I want to seduce you” would go. Not well he was sure. Wait. was he planning to seduce HongBin? Was that what he wanted? He just wanted the older boy’s warm and secure touch. He wanted to feel special and protected like he always did. He wanted to love his hyung… but making love didn’t sound bad at all. He hesitated in front of the door and took several deep breaths before knocking.