Of flowers and tattoos

Of flowers and tattoos

Everyday at 8 am Namjoon would be sitting in his tattoo parlor, looking out the window and across the street where a petite male would be arranging the flowers from the flower shop just across the street from him. Namjoon would sometimes give a soft laugh at the other’s antics and other times just gaze with a longing soft smile on his lips. He was so beautiful, everything Namjoon’s ever dreamed of and yet, he doesn’t even know his name. 

Some people would say that Namjoon is a fool for falling in love with someone he doesn’t even know, and yes maybe he is. But does he care? Not at all. This was his favorite thing to do ever since he noticed the small male. People wouldn’t arrive to his parlor until 9 or 10, so that gave him plenty of time to study the orange haired male. He was always so bright and cheerful, with eyes so small that they disappeared when he smiled giving him the cutest eyesmile Namjoon’s ever seen, and his lips so pink and plush that gave him a natural pout that Namjoon adored, but he adored the other’s overall face with his chubby cheeks and cute button nose. You could say that he had the whole package, Namjoon thought.

His thoughts were broken when his coworker, Yoongi arrived with a loud greeting. Namjoon looked away from the window to greet the other when he was met with a weird look from the older.

“Why are you staring out the window like an idiot?”

The younger gave a breathy laugh and shook his head.

“It’s nothing, come on let’s prepare before the customers arrive.”

Yoongi gave him a suspicious look before sighing and helped Namjoon around the parlor.

 

This continued on for a week more before Yoongi found out why he liked to look out the window. When he did the blonde couldn’t stop laughing, making the younger blush and splutter out curses, demanding him to be quiet. When he finally calmed down and turned serious again he asked the younger why he didn’t just go and talk to him.

“Are you ing blind? Don’t you see the clear differences we have? He’s all sunshines and rainbows and I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t like me.” Of course he wouldn’t. I mean look at him! His hair was bleached and was alarmingly tall. He had tattoos all over his body and looked menacing and mean. He was always with a frown on his face, even without him knowing so people thought he was angry all the time. He was pretty sure that he wasn’t the smaller one’s ideal type.

Yoongi looked at him for a good second and tried to ignore the insult so he wouldn’t say something he would regret and sighed before asking “And why wouldn’t he like you?” Obviously the older didn’t see the problem here.

Namjoon sighed before replying “Because I’m me.” And that ended the conversation, both not wanting to go further into detail and instead continued on with their sketches.

 

Namjoon always contemplated if he should go to the little flower shop and attempt to have a conversation with his crush, but because of his awkwardness he always decided that no, that wouldn’t be a good idea even though he wanted to. He shook his head and went back inside, losing his self confidence.

It was a few days more until the little orange haired male walked inside his parlor, obviously shy before continuing to the front desk where Namjoon’s little brother Taehyung stood. Namjoon didn’t notice him at first, too concentrated on his sketch until he heard a soft voice that he’d learned to love over the past few months. His head snapped up in the direction where the smaller was and lost his breath in shock. Behind him, he could hear Yoongi snicker while working on a client. He cursed Yoongi under his breath before focusing on the conversation in front of him.

“Hi, umm… I had an appointment today at three.” He mumbled and Taehyung immediately knew who he was, for he loudly yelled “Oh yes! Jimin right? I will get you someone who can work with you!” he cheerily said but before he could turn around Namjoon was already there, pushing the idiot away before saying “Hello I’m Namjoon. Pleasure to meet you.” He stuck out his hand for the other to take and shook his hand before continuing “Jimin right?” The male nodded with a shy smile and Namjoon really wanted to kiss him, but he controlled himself so that he could look like a controlled and respectful human being.

“Well let’s go to my booth and we will get right to it.” He simply said before turning around, but making sure that the other was following him before walking to his side of the tattoo parlor.

 

The younger had wanted white a lotus flower on the back of his shoulder. The older asked him why he wanted it, since it was a conversation opener and the younger gladly told him that he’d wanted it for a while now, and the flower seemed to be pure and resemble love which he has wanted his whole life. The younger continued and said that he hasn’t felt how love feels, his parents were never there for him and when he grew up, he just never found someone who could take his breath away like they describe in books and movies. The older nodded and described to him how it felt being in love, since the younger asked for it. 

It was tough, explaining how you feel in front of the person that you fell for and making it seem all nonchalant. But he kept himself calm and cool, he didn’t want the other to find out. Their conversation continued and they eventually started talking about everything and nothing, giving each other laughs and smiles and honestly Namjoon didn’t think he could fall even more in love with Jimin, but he was so wrong.

It was a bittersweet moment when the tattoo was finally done. He was happy that Jimin loved the tattoo “Exactly what I pictured it to be!” But he was also sad because the younger was leaving, and the chance of ever speaking to him again was zero. The younger thanked him maybe a hundred times before leaving with a big smile on his face and a piece of Namjoon’s heart.

He sighed and slumped down in his chair with heavy shoulders and felt someone giving him reassuring pats on the back.

“He will come around. I know he will.”

“I don’t know. We’ll see.” He mumbled before he continued to clean up his station. The older looked at him in pity but Namjoon didn’t want it. He already felt pathetic and he didn’t need anyone to make him feel any worse. Maybe it was stupid and childish, but Namjoon really hoped that the younger would come back soon.

 

It had been three days until Jimin finally came back into the parlor and asked for Namjoon. The older went up to him and asked if there was something wrong with the tattoo, but instead felt a pair of lips on his own. He was stunned for three seconds until he reciprocated the kiss, with his arms around the other’s waist and tilted his head to the side.

They broke apart, only an inch of space between them when Jimin breathed out “I lied.” Namjoon frowned, confused. “What do you mean?”

“Remember when I said that I never knew what love feels like? I lied, because I’ve been in love with you since I first opened up my shop across from yours. You looked so intimidating but I knew that there was a side to you that no one but your closest friends knew. I tried to talk to you but I was too scared of rejection. So I played it off as if I didn’t even know who you are.”

Namjoon couldn’t believe his ears. He wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, because all this time. All this time and he thought that Jimin would never like him, that he would forever pine after him and maybe one day he would see the other with someone he loved that wasn’t him. He let out a heavy breath and chuckled breathlessly.

“God, Jimin you don’t even know how much I love you. It’s been way too long.”

And that was all he got out before he felt the other press his lips against his own. He sighed and tightened his arms around the other, deepening the kiss when he felt the other’s arms around his shoulders.

He couldn’t believe his luck