Trust

Trust

The door slammed shut with such ferocity that a couple of expensive ornaments toppled on the dresser threatened to fall to the floor. Candles flickered from the sudden burst of wind.

 

"I can't believe you're accusing me-"

 

"I'm not accusing you. I'm-"

 

Gackt suddenly spun around; his naturally dark eyes were reddening but hard, lips a thin line on his incensed face. "What, You? What are you doing?"

 

The quiet violinist shrunk back into himself, staring at Gackt at a loss for words. He had contemplated a hundred different reactions, but in all the years they'd been together, as best friends and more, there was always one more thing that would come out of the blue and hit him square in the face. "I just… the way you look at him… I don't like it," He muttered defensively. His hands delved deeply into his jean pockets.

 

"I don't loo-"

 

"Gakku, you look at him how you looked at me." Was the simple utterance that had a grunt coming from the vocalist's lips and he turned again, stomping across the room. The plaits of his new hairstyle rustled in the motion. It was a style that He said he had liked and so Gackt had kept it, regardless of his band's – and his lover's – opinions of it.

 

Gackt fell heavily into the leather couch in his large wardrobe and brought his knees up to his chest and glared straight forwards, though he saw nothing. You's feet entered his line of vision and he trailed up those long, long legs until he met with dark eyes that echoed the turmoil rocking throughout the man he had inadvertently hurt. He was too sensitive; too trusting; too in love. Too blind to see that all Gackt had was an infatuation. Besides, He was married. Untouchable.

 

"You don't trust me?" The once again brunette vocalist mumbled, lowering his gaze back down to the wood flooring in the poor light. 

 

Slender hands settled upon his shoulders, pushing him back against the couch. "I do trust you," You said calmly, eyes soft as he bent down to Gackt's seated height. "I just… don't want anyone else to take what's mine," his right hand raised to ghost over Gackt's pale cheek. Fingertips pressed gently at the very corners of Gackt's eyes, feeling the moisture brought on by this entire affair. "These eyes, black or blue, and the looks from them, you once promised to me,"

 

"I did," Gackt's lips pulled up into a small smile. "Come to Taiwan with us?"

 

You pulled back slightly, reeled by the sudden invitation. Although such a thing had been implied since they first got the go-ahead to start shooting on the island, never had Gackt directly mentioned it to his lover. Originally, You wondered if it was just another thing commissioned by Him… Married or no, maybe he enjoyed being on the receiving end of Gackt's reserved affection and wanted to keep the only one who held the vocalist's heart out of the picture.

 

Gackt's hand found its way into his hair, trying around the long onyx strands and pulling him back down to his level. "I hear it gets quite hot there at this time of year… and you know how I get in that kind of weather,"