[2] HURT, HATE, HELP

Call Me, Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun had no idea who the man was, so she didn't care much. She looked at the men who stumbled and stood straight after becoming shocked.

"H-Hello, Director Baekhyun!!" The two men shortly bowed after shouting. Jieun looked confused and once Chanyeol had slapped her arm, she immediately stood up and bowed.

"Ah, I'm sorry Director Baekhyun!! Secretary Jieun hasn't heard of you yet.." Chanyeol muttered softly, looking somewhat embarrassed.

"It's fine." The so-called director said nonchalantly. "You know, we're all friends here so you don't need to be so formal."

"S-sorry. It's just that if we show you some sort of informal greeting, we'd get kicked out or get some other punishment. You know what happened last time," Chanyeol sighed once the trio looked up.

"I'll do something about that," Baekhyun walked inside of Jieun's and Chanyeol's office and stood beside the woman.

Baekhyun forced a smile and Jieun replied back with a natural grin. The man seemed to be struggling somewhat and she noticed this. Seems a bit awkward. He then introduced himself, "I'm Baekhyun. The director of this company. And hopefully I'll become the Vice-President of this company too. But anyways, it's nice meeting you."

Jieun raised her eyebrow at this introduction:Why is a higher-up introducing himself first? Shouldn't it be the opposite way? Baekhyun extended his arm to shake her hand and Jieun accepted it; his hands were somewhat rough while her's were the opposite.

Baekhyun quickly turned his back and said goodbye to the trio and hurriedly went to his office. Myungsoo followed suit, leaving Chanyeol's and Jieun's office empty.

"Uh.. does the director hate me..?" Jieun sat back on her chair and swiveled to Chanyeol's side.  

"Baekhyun normally isn't nice. Probably awkward too. He's kinda cold most of the time. For a short and adorable guy like him, it's weird. It's a good thing we're good friends, though. He’s funny and nice around me. Don’t know about others." Chanyeol sighed and stripped off his coat and threw it towards a nearby seat. "That's why I didn't want to introduce him to you. Because he might've hurt you or something. But anyways, he looked like he wanted to be friendly but failed."

Jieun shrugged, "Eh, it's whatever. Seems like an okay guy. He probably has a lot of things on his plate. That's why he doesn't have time to be friendly or something."

"Eh," Chanyeol mimicked Jieun and she responded by throwing a pen at him. "Well, let's get back to work."

And for the rest of the day, Jieun had only thoughts of Baekhyun. I wonder what he's like, though. Was it okay to be friendly? Are higher-ups usually nice? He seems okay. I really wonder what it’s like to be friends with him.
-

That evening, Jieun went home, changed into her pajamas, and prepared herself to answer calls for the hotline business. Once the clock struck eight, she would be ready to answer calls.

Jieun sat on the couch, waiting patiently for the phone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter