Blossom Tears

Next Door Flower Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blossom Tears

 

 

The weather was colder than usual as the two stepped out of the apartment complex and onto the vacant streets. A few people lingered around night-running coffee shops while others were just heading home from work. Even with the handful of people, the atmosphere seemed lonely, and most definitely awkward. Hakyeon tried to make conversation, but Taekwoon just stood there, hands in his pockets while his ears were open, listening. Truly, the smaller’s voice was the crispest, as if it was a cookie—sweet and tender, soothing in all the right ways. After a few minutes of chattering away on his own, Hakyeon stuffed his own hands into his pockets, lowering his head down towards the damp concrete, sweating with dirty rainwater. 

 

The taller one out of the two let out a silent sigh, but it was audible enough for Hakyeon’s sensitive ears to catch. “Don’t you find me weird?” He questioned after a moment of silence. Taekwoon didn’t answer, clearly knowing what the older meant. Hakyeon glowed in a way that was most abnormal—including that fact that he already died, made it most peculiar. Still, Taekwoon’s gotten used to this ever since he came out of the hospital. Hongbin, a young boy who’s been drowned to death had come to his office to talk to him, as a friend. Obviously, Taekwoon wasn’t even slightly scared since he’s experienced it before—many times already. 

 

Silently, the brunette shook his head, not daring to look straight into Hakyeon’s eyes. “Why would I be? I mean, I talk to Hongbin every now and then…” Taekwoon trailed, noticing the smile that graced the raven-haired’s lips. Hakyeon beamed, reaching out to wrap his hand around the taller’s arm. 

 

“How about we make a little bet?” He started, eyes gleaming with a mischievous glint, his chocolate orbs glimmering in the moonlight. Taekwoon gaped, no words formed in his mouth as his throat developed a lump to dry to swallow. “If you can find my body, then I’ll teach you how to run my company—well, it’s yours now, but still. And, if it’s all successful, we’ll hunt down my killer, and your wife’s, too if you want…Maybe we’ll even meet your partner.” The words that slipped off Hakyeon’s tongue was sweet as sugar and thick like honey. 

 

How could he deny this offer? Made so luxuriously by someone so…sweet?

 

After all, Hakyeon’s been killed in a merciless way and he definitely needed help with this new company. He even got a chance to meet his lover when this all comes to an end. Why not? Taekwoon’s eyes narrowed suspiciously, obviously doubting the shorter. But, the small pout that remained on Hakyeon’s lips drove him insane. Such a childish person should know his lane and stay on it. Obviously, Hakyeon was driving way past his route. Huffing, the brunette nodded, agreeing with this bet. Taekwoon shrugged his shoulders as Hakyeon stuck out his pinky finger, hooking it together and sealing it with a final touch of the thumb. 

 

An old man crossed their path, his hand clutched onto a small boy, probably his son. “You’re a crazy child, Jung Taekwoon—talking to yourself all the time.” He muttered under his breath, glaring at the youngster before heading up the stairs of the apartment complex with a grumble. Taekwoon chuckled to himself, stepping over the old man’s furrow and just smiled, apologizing graciously. His father’s taught him how to be cordial in these situations. Hakyeon, on the other hand, was doing some glaring of his own, making the face that Taekwoon found so familiar. He laughed, slapping the smaller on the shoulder before dragging him up into his apartment. 

 

Hakyeon toed off his shoes—not that he even needed to, he’s a ghost after all. The raven-haired male finally got a chance to look around, his active body roaming around the wide area of Taekwoon’s cozy home. The decoration was modern—probably what Misses Cha was talking about when she said “taste”. Hakyeon gaped at the sleek design of the living room he never got to see when his parents were there. A crystal chandelier hung from the high ceiling, its diamonds glimmering as the light reflected off of it. It was a true beauty compared to the flower shop. No wonder why his mother wanted to take it down. It was a dancing and floral mess, but even through all of that, Hakyeon still loved the place and he didn’t want it to go. 

 

Taekwoon came back from the kitchen with two glasses of milk, warm to the touch. Hakyeon smiled, wrapping his slim fingers around the glass, letting the liquid slip through his throat. “Sorry, Sanghyuk bought too much milk and it’s almost expiring. I don’t want to let it go to waste since the boys rarely drink plain, dairy milk. They like banana milk for some strange reason.” Takedown shook his head as he spoke, clearing amused with his sons’ behavior. Hakyeon laughed with him, drinking up his milk until the very last drop. 

 

“If you drink milk so much,” Taekwoon started, voice trailing off into a question, “Then why are you still so short?” It was supposed to be a joke, but the stern look on the taller’s face said otherwise. Hakyeon jutted his lower lip out into a pout and wiped away stray droplets of milk with his thumb before ogling the taller. 

 

“You don’t seem to like milk, then how are you so tall?” Hakyeon retorted in a snappy manner. Taekwoon smiled, it was small, but it was enough to warm Hakyeon’s heart. 

 

“Come now, it’s time to sleep,” Taekwoon demanded, luring Hakyeon into his old bedroom. He doesn’t sleep in it anymore, obviously. But, since it’s a guest bedroom already, why not let a guest sleep in it just for the night. “I’m not letting you go out in the dark.” Hakyeon’s eyes softened into wide, puppy-like ones before he obeyed, slipping into the comfortable bed. 

 

“Honestly, I kind of curious.” Taekwoon voiced silently, barely audible. 

 

“Of what?”

 

“I’m not sure if it will be a touchy topic but…” He trailed off, averting his gaze away from Hakyeon’s curious ones. “I want to know your past…” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter