Sweet Education

Endless stories and an endless dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Sweet Education

Description: As School President, Donghae is often made to do presentations on various topics. He really doesn't want to do this one and Hyukjae being Hyukjae, just has to make it worse.

Rating: -

Wordcount: 3024

Notes: I got the idea from a prompt a million years ago and it's only short, implication of I guess, but no because I at that, Have fun!

 

Donghae draws out a long breath, scanning the hall. He's thinks doing pretty well so far, not wavering under the amused gazes of his schoolmates and keeping his serious, informative face on. By now, most eyes aren't even on him anymore, much more interested with their phone screens or the person next to them, but Donghae can still feel the sweat on his palms as he clicks the mouse to get to the next slide.

He has no idea how he got dragged into doing this presentation, he knows for sure that this wasn't what he had in mind when he had signed up for the roll of school president. Kyuhyun had tried to talk him out of it, saying it was too much extra work for their final year and that he didn't want to be labeled as the best friend of head geek. Donghae had rolled his eyes at that, he is far from a geek and besides, everyone knows that Kyuhyun carries, and probably cherishes, the title of Lord nerd. But now that very Lord nerd himself is sat in the front row, snickering as he goes on with his speech.

Donghae does like being School President, it gives him another level of respect from both teachers and younger students, credits, and a good reputation. Donghae, however, doesn't like being put into awkward situations.

This, is definitely one of them.

Why his head teacher thinks a bunch of eighteen year olds that are well on their way to graduating soon, need a presentation on all about safe ual practices, is beyond him. He knows better than anyone else, that most of these kids sat in front of him, already know everything he's explaining to them. They have had similar talks almost every year after all. Most of his peers are either entertaining themselves by laughing at his misery or tapping away on their phones.

But Donghae is School President, the one that gave a detailed lecture on appropriate food for the cafeteria, serious talks on littering and well thought out presentations on various school issues. He knows he can't half- his way through this particular presentation at all, especially not when the head keeps walking in and out of the hall to check on it.

He groans mentally, moving on to the next slide and explaining that the school nurse is always available for whomever wishes to speak to her in confidentiality, blah blah, etc etc, they've heard it all before.

Now Donghae's not stupid, he knows what the kids are waiting for as he's moved through half of his talk on contraception, but that's exactly why he prepared a video. No way is he showing any of them how to use a personally, Mr Head teacher be damned. He runs a hand through brunette as he shoots a small smile at his vice, Junsu, signaling for him to play the video.

But you see, Donghae's vice has always been a little . No, he's not evil, and no, he doesn't hate Donghae. But, he sure as hell enjoys seeing his misery, and so when Junsu shrugs, a completely fake apologetic smile on his face as he says the video won't work, Donghae makes a mental note to burn down all of his figurines.

"It seems the video isn't working." He speaks with a tight smile, as he turns back to face the audience. "Well, I guess we'll just skip that part for today, I'm sure you've heard it all before anyway." He turns to pick up his handheld mouse and switch to the next slide when a voice stops him.

"I haven't."

Donghae refrains from grimacing at the voice and pretends he didn't hear it. If he simply didn't hear it, he doesn't have to acknowledge it.

"Excuse me, school pres. Didn't you hear me?"

Of course he heard. He heard loud and clear, but Donghae knows what's coming ahead and he really doesn't want to start it. He shouldn't have thought he was going to get through the presentation without him saying anything.

"I'm sorry Hyukjae, what did you say?" He says politely, looking to the far right end of the first row where the blonde boy is seated, an amused grin on his face.

"I said I haven't heard it all." Hyukjae speaks, crossing his legs over each other. "I don't know how to use one, so I'd like you to show all of us. For safety of course."

There's a few snickers around the hall and he can see Kyuhyun's wicked grin from the corner of his eye, and he really wants to elbow him in the face. He wants to do worse to Lee Hyukjae, the infuriating blonde that came to watch his presentation only to make fun of him. He can see it in his eyes, mischievous and looking for a bit of fun he can easily find by embarrassing Donghae in front of everyone else.

Hyukjae has always liked messing with Donghae, it's been his thing since as long as the brunette can remember.

"In that case, I'll give you the video link at the end. Is that okay?" He asks, hoping Hyukjae will just drop it.

But of course, it wouldn't be Hyukjae if he just dropped it. Donghae knows that, but still, there was no harm in hoping.

"I think it'd be better if you personally demonstrate." Hyukjae says. "Can't you do that for us pres?

"I mean I can but I haven't prepared any-"

"I can come up and help you if you want." Hyukjae smiles, nothing innocent about it and Donghae doesn't even have the time to protest before the blonde is already up and out of his seat.

"Lee Hyukjae, please sit back down." Donghae starts as politely as he can when Hyukjae has come to stand next to him. "Let me just end this and then I'll talk to you, yeah? I didn't bring along anything to demonstrate with."

"Didn't you?" Hyukjae smirks, his eyes briefly drop to Donghae's pocket but it's long enough for anyone who was watching to have seen. There's a few wolf-whistles from the audience and Donghae can feel the tips of his ears heat up.

"I didn't." He hisses through gritted teeth, nudging his head in the direction of the audience to tell the blonde to get off the stage. He really doesn't have any in his pockets, it makes no sense to carry that around on a school day anyway, but everyone probably assumes he does now and it's all because of that cheeky idiot that refuses to leave the stage.

"I didn't mean you." Hyukjae says, and his eyes move to the stand behind the two of them where several leaflets, materials and contraceptives are displayed. "There's a whole box right over there."

Donghae closes his eyes and allows himself to take a deep breath to stop himself before he thinks any further about beating Lee Hyukjae. He reluctantly goes back to grab the box and displays it to the audience. He then ignores the idiot by his side and gives some information on the material, possible allergy issues and the correct, safe way to use it.

When it comes to actually demonstrating, Hyukjae gladly offers his fingers with a sly smirk and Donghae almost, almost, kicks him where it hurts.

"You need to use both hands right?" Hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter