four

The Guardians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That’s it. She thought. Irene quickly grabbed her jacket and her backpack as she was heading downstairs, she heard a group of people—not regular people, obviously, because she also heard footsteps of a group of horses. She frowned, because not so long after the noise was gone, she heard her aunt’s car. 
Is she chasing whatever that was?
It made Irene wonder, how deep is her aunt’s knowledge about the other world. She shrugged, and she continued the thing she actually wanted to do. She peeked outside her house before she locked the door with the spare key under the doormat—hoping that her aunt would not find out that her niece was not at home, considering that it was past midnight. 
Irene kept staring at the drawing of the said door, she frowned. How can I find a door like this? It could be anywhere! She hit her own head with the paper. Whilst she was regretting her own stupid action, she felt a pair of eyes was looking at her underneath the darkness. She spun her body to find nothing but air behind her. She tried hard to brush it out of her mind but the feeling was getting stronger, so she walked faster. Soon, she started running. It did not last long when she felt a strong grip around her arm, when she was about the scream, something warm covered , that was actually a hand.
“It’s me,” Irene knew that voice. “It’s me.” The owner of the voice repeated. 
She removed the hand from and threw a punch to her stalker’s shoulder.
“Kang Seulgi!” She shouted.
“I’m sorry if I scare the hell of you,” Seulgi hissed, she rubbed her shoulder before she asked the question. “What are you doing in the middle of the night like this?”
Irene started to panic, but then, she squinted her eyes.
“What are you doing in the middle of the night like this?”
Seulgi scratched her nape.
“I-I can’t sleep. So, I decided to ride my bike along the street.” She said as she patted her bicycle.
Irene smelled something fishy, but then again, she decided that she did not really care. Seulgi chased Irene when the shorter girl walked away from her.
“You haven’t answered my question yet!”
“Do I have to?”
Seulgi nodded. Irene could see the curiosity on the latter’s face. But instead of giving an answer, she had a better idea.
“You want to know?” Irene smirked.
Seulgi nodded again.
“Then come with me.”

---

“What exactly are we looking?” Seulgi said, she had to be honest that she started to get tired because Irene was sitting on the passenger seat of her bicycle. And she had to admit, that even if Irene looked petite, she was quite heavy that she actually looked. 
“A door.” Irene simply said, as if Seulgi knew what she was referring.
“What door?”
“The door.”
Seulgi frowned, and then she remembered the door Irene drew in the class lately.
Maybe she was talking about that door. Seulgi thought.
Seulgi stopped and stepped down from her bicycle, leaving Irene in surprise when she put her hands on Irene’s shoulder.
“Alright, I don’t actually know what the door is but,” she stopped as she looked at Irene. “Do you know where we are going? Do you…at least have a clue? Irene, we can’t just knock at people’s doors randomly. I’m sure you know that. And we have been looking for quite long time now.”
Seulgi ended her words with a sigh. But, when she noticed that the latter did not give any response, finding that Irene had her head low—she gasped when she caught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter