Insight | 2

Lips of Betrayal

 

The next morning was a pain. Her arms were sore, but she forced herself to get out of bed to buy a dress for the upcoming event. She didn't own a lot of dresses and she wasn't allowed to wear the same dress to the events she attended in the past. She looked around in her closet and matched a pair of jeans with a plain white shirt. Her breakfast consisted of oatmeal and she ate while searching for her penny board. 

 

"Where did I put that board?" she asked, looking into her storage cabinet. "Oh, why did I put this in here?"

 

She pulled out the board and skated around the house. Jieun finished eating, then grabbed her bag and board and left the house. She walked to the elevator and was joined by Junhong, who also had a penny board in his hand.

 

"Hey, where are you headed?" he asked.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't decided yet."

"Can I join you?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks for helping me yesterday," he said, with a huge smile on his face. 

She chuckled. "You're welcome."

 

The two skated around town while getting to know each other. They didn't plan on spending the entire day together, but neither one of them wanted to leave the other behind. They said goodbye to each other six times, but not once did they leave each other because they always found something to distract them. As they made their way to the shopping center, there was a car that stopped by right next to them. She turned over and recognized the car immediately. Jieun grabbed Junhong's hand and quickly dragged him inside.

 

"What's going on?" he asked, confused.

"Just keep walk—"

"Sis!"

She groaned. "Just give me a second."

Jieun turned around and looked at her brother, who, was approaching her. "Hey! I knew you'd be here. Here's the card to pick up your dress and here's the credit card that you always refuse to use."

"Thanks, Hyuktae."

"You should bring your boyfriend along," Hyuktae, her brother said, looking at Junhong and then extended his arm. "Hey, I'm Hyuktae, Jieun's younger brother."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Junhong and we're no—"

She cut him off and smiled. "I will! I'll see you on the sixth."

"Yeah, you better bring him. Mom's going to introduce you to a bunch of guys if you don't," he grinned, then joked. "Might as well just get married before the party."

She laughed. "Okay, you've made me laughed, now get outta here. Don't you have a meeting to go to?"

"Oh god, I almost forgot," he gasped, then gave his sister a quick hug before waving goodbye. "By the way, Jitae said he hates you!"

"I know!" she shouted back.

 

Jieun watched her brother leave, then turned back to Junhong and realized she was still holding his hand. She quickly let go and apologized to him. He smiled and shook his head, but he was curious about her background.

"The car her brother drove was a luxury vehicle, but if his family was wealthy, wouldn't she be wealthy as well?" he thought.

 

As they were walking to the boutique, she told him about her background. "I didn't really want to tell you, but you're probably curious. I'm the eldest daughter of Jeon Sangchul, but I'm not going to become the heiress any longer. It's probably going to be passed down to either one of my brothers since I'm not interested in taking over the company..."

 

Junhong was barely listening. He couldn't believe that he was living in the same complex as Jeon Sangchul's daughter. Junhong was interested in her and he didn't want to hurt her or her family, but how was he supposed to tell his brothers? 

 

"Hey, where are you going? It's right here," she said, holding him back.

"Oh! Sorry," he apologized. 

"Are you busy on the sixth of next month?" she asked as they walked into the boutique. "If not, do you want to hang out a party? There's good food."

He grinned. "You got me at good food."

"Great, because I'm not ready to marry some rich guy who only cares about money."

"Wait, why did you decide to work instead of living a comfortable life?"

"Because it's more exciting that way. I spent almost my entire life studying about that I didn't even care about," she replied, then gave her card to the lady behind the counter. "Here you go."

The lady took a look at the card, then her eyes widened. "Miss. Jeon, please follow me this way."

 

Jieun followed her to another section of the store and she looked around. Junhong followed behind and was amazed by the luxurious brands that surrounded him. The two looked at each other with wide eyes, then laughed.

 

"Why are you surprised?" he asked. "Didn't you grow up with money?"

"Well, I've never seen this many luxurious brands before. I don't even know what half of them are called."

The lady interrupted them and showed Jieun the dress that was on display in front of her. "Here is the dress that Madam Jeon ordered for you. Before the event, please arrive three hours before the event. We will be doing your makeup, hair, and escorting you to the event from here. Are you bringing this gentleman, Miss. Jeon?"

"Yes."

"Please arrive an hour and a half before the event, sir," the lady said, looking at Junhong. "Would you like to pick a suit from the men's section?"

"I have one, but thank you."

 

_____

 

Junhong went home and walked straight to his room without greeting his brothers. Yongguk stopped him and started to interrogate him. The other members crowded around him, wondering why he was acting this way. 

 

"What happened? Did your date not go well?" Yongguk asked, causing the others to snicker.

"No, it's not that... She's the daughter of Jeon Sangchul."

"What?" all the members shouted in unison.

He nodded. "I didn't know until she told me. She invited me to some event and I agreed."

"Good, get closer to her, then our job will be easier," Jongup said.

Junhong frowned. "It doesn't feel right. I don't want to do this to her. I mean, she helped me yesterday."

"Junhong, we can't back out now," Yongguk sighed. "We've already agreed to do it."

Junhong sighed in defeat. "Just don't hurt her."

"We won't," Yongguk said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. Anyways, did you and that girl have dinner yet?"

"No," he shook his head.

"Go call her and ask if she wants to join us for dinner."

Himchan raised an eyebrow. "In here?"

"No, at a nearby restaurant. She helped Junhong yesterday, it would only be fair to treat her to dinner."

 

Junhong returned to his room and took out his phone. As he was about to text her, she had already sent him a message. He smiled and clicked on the icon, then read the messages she sent.

 

> Hey, you down for dinner?

> I should've asked you earlier.

I was about to ask you <

I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me and my brothers? <

> Sounds great! What time?

In an hour? <

> Okay, see you then! 


A/N

It's been a while... :)

 

Name: Jeon Hyuktae

​Age: 19

Occupation: Student

Siblings:

Jeon Jieun (Sister)

Jeon Jitae (Brother) [Younger twin]

 

 


Name: Jeon Jitae

Age: 19

Occupation: Student

Siblings:

Jeon Jieun (Sister)

Jeon Hyuktae (Brother) [Older Twin]