Unexpectedly

Through Friendship and Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Wonwoo’s awake to an empty room. His stuffs are still there, but Chan’s stuffs has gone, along with the owner. He gets up and steps to the empty bed. It’s already being made up as if it’s new. The bed linen is different though, it’s not Chan’s but plain white linen, like the first time he moved in, same goes with the pillow. Wonwoo sighs. Guess it’s too late to say goodbye now. Before getting to the bathroom to take a bath he checks himself at the mirror. His eyes really swollen and his hair is a mess. How long did he cry himself to sleep?

“You should’ve waken me up, it must be hard to move the all stuffs by yourself,” Wonwoo protests over the phone to Chan, immediately after finish bathing.

“The prefect told me to move earlier, hyung, sorry I didn’t wake you up,” Chan answers sounding a bit guilty for it. “It’s okay I got help from my girlfriend,”

“Why so early in the morning?”

“It’s because he said a new ro— ah watch out!” a loud thud heard from over the phone followed by a girl’s whining voice. At first Wonwoo’s worried but then Chan’s voice heard too, he’s laughing but not really laughing while saying a lot of comforting words before back to talk to Wonwoo. “Don’t worry, she may sounds weak but she carried three big boxes at once from the car,” Chan says. “She just likes to show her girlish side a lot,”

Wonwoo smiles but he’s feeling really terrible. “I’m sorry I didn’t help you,” he says. “We should’ve had a happy last night as a roommate, I’m sorry,” If he didn’t come home crying they can have a proper goodbye party. Wonwoo feels so guilty.

Chan laughs. “It’s okay, it’s not like we can’t meet with each other anymore,” he says and Wonwoo smiles wider this time.

“Are you done? I should go there to help you,”

“No, it’s okay, I’m almost done,” Chan answers.

“Let’s have lunch together, I pay,” Well, if they couldn’t have a proper goodbye party or if he couldn’t help Chan move out, that’s the least thing he could do isn’t it?

“Ah, but I promised to lunch with my girlfriend, I’m sorry,” Chan says. “Treat me later hyung, besides you have to be there when your new roommate came,”

Wonwoo’s eyebrow arches down. “My what?”

“Your new roommate, the prefect told me to move earlier because he said someone will be moving there,” Chan says and Wonwoo furrows his eyebrow even more.

It’s not like Wonwoo hate having a roommate, but isn’t it too sudden? Chan hasn’t even gone for half a day and yet someone’s new going to fill in the space? If the circumstances changes so fast, how will Wonwoo adapt? “Who? Why didn’t I know this?”

A few crashes sound heard again and a girl’s yelling after it. “I don’t know him, I don’t think you know him too,” Chan says with the girl’s loud cries still on the background. “He should be arrive in a minute, hyung I think I should be going now,”

“Yeah sure, let me know if—,” but Chan already hangs up the call before Wonwoo finishes his words.

He looks at the screen and realizes there’s no message or miscalls from Mingyu. Wonwoo furrows his eyebrow. Wasn’t it Wonwoo who’s mad at Mingyu, shouldn’t there at least one miscall from Mingyu? Is he mad at Wonwoo too? Should Wonwoo text him first? Wonwoo shakes his head. Why should him? Mingyu’s at fault, he’s the one who should do anything to fix their relationship. If he do nothing, then Wonwoo know he’s not really important for Mingyu. It’s that simple.

Just when he throws his phone to the bed, the door’s knocked and a very deep voice heard after it. “Excuse me?”

Wonwoo walks towards the door and opens it.

“Hi,” a same height person with a very deep voice says at the door. He’s wearing a coat and dark clothes under it, with a few bags on his right foot. “Jeon Wonwoo?”

He stares at the person from head to toes. “Yes,” Wonwoo answers shortly.

“I’m Lim Changkyun,” he says. Wonwoo raises his eyebrow. “We’re in the same age,”

He looks really older than his age though, Wonwoo hesitates for a second what to responds, and choose to not respond anything.

“They told you that you’ll get a new roommate, didn’t they?”

“No,” Wonwoo answers keenly. “When did they should tell me?” he asks. “Shouldn’t you at least texts me first before coming here?”

Changkyun doesn’t answer and just stares back at him.

Wonwoo blinks to this. Is he being rude just now? He doesn’t mean to be rude, he’s just feeling a little annoyed with the fact that the prefect didn’t told him beforehand about having a new roommate, although they’ve told Chan, and Chan forgot to tell Wonwoo unintentionally. “Ah sorry,” Wonwoo says and clears his throat. “I don’t mean to be rude, it’s just I’m surprised I’m getting a new roommate in the day I lost my roommate,”

Changkyun chuckles and Wonwoo’s glad he’s not feeling offended by his rude attitude. “It’s okay,” he says. “I ever in your position too, my old roommate moved to Eagle House,”

Wonwoo raises an eyebrow. “Really? Straight to Eagle House from Ferret House? That’s really rare,”

“Yeah, and my new roommate at that time was an , so,” he says and Wonwoo blinks. Changkyun laughs. “I’m not an don’t worry,”

Wonwoo offers a little smile. “Come in,”

Wonwoo opens the door and the new roommate steps in bringing his stuffs with him. He puts them on the empty bed and looks around as he takes a really deep breath before releasing it. “This room is bigg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter