two {} 2

Where Tangents Meet

Students bustled through the halls as the it filled with hectic noise. Some were standing, leaning against the walls as they were gossiping about, others were just casually strolling talking something that was trendy.. While Lee Jinki just stood, holding a stack of papers in his arms, staring in to space.

"Look at that scatterbrained dweeb. Doesn't he realize he's blocking everybody's way?" A student sneered. "Isn't that the secretary? How the hell did he get that position?" another scoffed, obviously displeased. One of the two smirked, walked towards Jinki. "Maybe this'll teach him a thing or two.."

Smack! Jinki was hit in the back of the head, and due to the hit, he was startled and dropped all the papers on the floor. "My bad~" The student said in a mean, teasing voice. "Be careful next time, okay~" 

"O-oh, uhm.. yes! I'm sorry about that!" the 'scatterbrained' secretary bowed, a small smile on his face.

"What an idiot! He literally just smiled about it!" they hollered, and they walked away, leaving the poor Jinki alone in the now deserted hall, picking the papers by himself.

He knelt down and collected the papers in silence. 

"Don't they know.. it's too nice of a day to not be smiling.. right?"


Minho rubbed the back of his neck, checking whatever on his phone while standing outside of the school, under a tree. He was bored out of his mind right now, and he was wishing to find something good to burn time. It wasn't the time for soccer, because the sky was filled with clouds- signaling there might be rain. 

He sighed. His mind flashed to a bright smile that would light up the entire world- No. Minho shook his head immediately, a small blush on his cheeks. And then an idea popped into his head. "Maybe I should hang out with-"

Without warning, an arm slung out Minho's shoulder's, sending surprise to the tall boy.

"Yo, frog prince." Speak of the devil, here was Kim Jonghyun, grinning at the taller. "What are you doing, hanging out here by yourself?" 

"Urgh, get the off of me, Jonghyun," Minho growled at dino puppy boy. (What is with these animal names, pfft) "you smell like someone's perfume." Jonghyun chuckled. "Oh, frog prince, jump on me and attack me with your long, slimy, tongue, will ya?"

"Disgusting, Jonghyun." Minho remarked. "So what's up, Minnie? Did Amber bother you too much about her llamas again?" Jonghyun leaned against the tree. "Or is it.. a special someone is bothering you?"

The taller boy spluttered. "So I was correct!" Jonghyun exclaimed victoriously. "So who is it, Minnie~?" "As if I would tell you, midget." Minho turned, a blush evident on his face, like earlier. 

"I'm not a midget, you're just so freakishly tall!" the dino puppy yelled. "Just tell me, who is it?" "Well, fine.. there is someone.. " Minho began. "but I'm not that interested in to dating them..? Well, I can't stop thinking about them.. They're just so different from everybody. I just don't know.." 

"Bro, I'm pretty sure you're in love with this person or something." Jonghyun laughed. "So really, who is it?"

"I already said I won't tell you, midget. I don't like dating anyone in this school- Too much gossip and rumors, isn't being a son of a model enough? Maybe I'll just be done once I get all my answers and know everything about them."

Jonghyun pouted. "But Minho.. are you just going to toss someone like that aside after you think you know everything? Minnie, people aren't books you can read and throw away when you're done with them. You complain every time about everybody being too quick to judge you, but you're no different. Aren't I right?"

Minho stood in silence, watching Jonghyun with an unreadable expression as the shorter stood and left the area. "Digest that thought, frog prince. See ya."


'Frog prince' was in his dorm, changing clothes. It was finally break, and he could rest. Just finally. But as he was going to nap and feed the kitten, loud knocking was being emitted from the door. "I'll get it." Minho muttered.

He opened the door to see Jinki dressed in denim jeans, a white tee, and a navy blue jacket clutching a clipboard to his chest and with the bright smile. "G' morning, frog prince! I'm doing dorm inspection. May I come in?" 

"Yea- Wait, hold on. Who in the world told you that you can call me frog prince?!" Minho almost screeched. 

Jinki giggled. "Well, turns out your big brother, Minseok, is my room mate now! I asked him a few things about you. He's really nice~ So, when you were younger, many people in your neighborhood called you frog prince because you were the famous son and was rich, right?"

Minho groaned, flustered. He attempted to calm himself and then sighed. Minho was going to ask Jinki that if he really told his Hyung that they knew eachother but You complain every time about everybody being to quick to judge you, but you're no different he didn't anyway. "Yeah..that's true. Well, on the topic of room mates, mine hasn't shown up yet. Guess I'm going to be solo for a bit."

"Oh, your room mate?" Jinki chuckled. "He's sick with the flu right now. I tried seeing him at home, but he doesn't want to get me sick."

Minho was silent for a few seconds, and then he spoke up. "Is he your boyfriend?" 

"Ah, n-no!  Taemin's my brother.." Jinki stuttered. Isn't Taemin the vice president of our school? So much for siblings sticking together.. "Oh yeah! I told Taemin you were keeping the kitten. He was completely fine with it! So don't worry, your secret's safe with us!" Awkward wink.

"..I'm so relieved." Minho said. He's got to be one of the most uniest person on Earth..

"Awwwwww! There's my baby!" Jinki cooed, snuggling the kitten. "So cute, so cute, so cute! Did you give him a name yet?" "Yeah. I named him Yoogeun..."

Minho was going to explain why, but it got cut short because he realized Jinki was snorting. "Yoogeun's a cute name~" Jinki mocked.

"Shush. Try to give it a name." Minho taunted. But Jinki giggled again, putting down Yoogeun and stood up, getting his clipboard. "Yoogeun is really a cute name, though. I'll be back next time." 

"You're leaving already?" Minho asked. "Yep. I still have some other dorms to inspect. Let's have lunch later, okay? Bye, frog prince!" And with that, Jinki was gone.

Minho groaned, leaning against the couch and cradled Yoogeun in his arms. His thoughts were now being occupied by the awfully cute secretary with chubby cheeks- Minho began shaking his head as if the thought would be shaken away. "..Why is he affecting me so much?"


The next morning, Jinki yawned, walking through the halls. "Ah, I got to head to the meeting room today.." Suddenly, a beautiful singer's muffled voice filled the silent air.

                                                                       "Look at my eyes, I whisper alone as I look at you from far away

Just smile for me once, I can endure it just by seeing your face.."

 

As Jinki passed by the singing room, he smiled ruefully. He stopped gazing at the singing club sorrowly, and continued walking, taking interest on the wooden floor.

 

"If you are standing at the end of my life, if I can get closer to you

I can throw away everything and run to you.."


The Choi brothers stood in the school park, and Minseok was accompanied by a rouge suitcase.

"I don't get it, Hyung.. Why do you enroll into school when you're so busy? You're not even going to be here most of the time in the first few weeks of school." Minho inquired, a frown appearing on his features. "Ah, my dongsaeng. I can't just pass a good commercial part just like that. And I'll only be gone for three to four days. I'm not leaving for a month, like when you were in middle school." Minseok replied, chuckling.

"I know that, hyung. But why stay in school then?" 

"Minho, even if my job is really successful right now, education is still really important. No one wants a stupid and ditzy airheaded model and actor, right? And this time, you're here with me at this school. I really don't want to waste an opportunity to be with you at the same school. But.." Minseok began pinching his dongsaeng's ear.

"Hyung, ow!" Minho tried to escape, but Minseok's grip only got tighter.

"about education, what about yours, Minho? You've been skipping school too much, I see. And more rumors are floating about. Do this even more, I'll tell Appa and Umma." Minseok warned.

"Understood..." Minho sighed. 

Minseok was the frightening, but lovable and protective type.... He's probably not even as frightening as Umma, though.

"Oh and, I've heard you and Jinki are getting along. That's good, Minho. He's a good influence on you, and he's charming and admires you, don't you think?" Minseok smiled softly. "...Did he say anything about me?" Minho asked. 

Minseok was going to reply, but a black limousine parked in front of the two, leaving Minho's question unanswered. "I've got to go, Minho. I'll text you!" Minseok said as he put his suitcase in the trunk and sat down in the limo. "Bye!" The older brother waved from the open window, and the limo drove off to the airport. 

"Hyung didn't answer my question.." Minho grumbled.


Chatter filled the school park. It was currently break and everyone was bustling as usual.

"Come on everybody! Let's play a game! Strengthen your bond with other students! Make new friends! It'll help you if you're bored!' Amber Liu began enthusiatically calling people out for a fun game. Althought she looked happy and fun, no one accepted her invite to play a game to make new friends.. or something like that.

Minho facepalmed. Yes, Amber was cool and all, but sometimes her fun can be unpredictable. One time she began riding llamas to school and back home..

"Aw, come on! No one?! What a bunch of party poopers.." Amber groaned in despair. The llama-crazed girl began to mumble words like ugh seriously everybody needs to pep up and wait did I forget my llama bun today? Minho inwardly sighed in annoyance and walked past Amber. 

"Erm, how do you play?" A familiar and soft voice asked shyly. Of course Jinki wants to play.. Minho thought to himself. "Minnie! Is that you?" Jinki exclaimed, eyes sparkling as he realized the tall giraffe/frog/prince/whatever they call him now was nearby. "What do you want? And did you just call me Minnie?" Minho spluttered, an angry mark appearing on his forehead. 

"Alright, Minnie! You're playing with us." Amber grinned victoriously. Minho sighed, again. I was just casually passing by and now I got tangled up into this mess.. 

"The game is starting~" Amber sang in a high pitch voice. She then revealed a periwinkle colored pen with glitters and rainbow galaxy llama stickers all over it. "Can you guess.. What This Is?!"

"I know! I know! Is i-it a magical fairy wand?" Jinki guessed. Minho groaned, and facepalmed. "It's just a blue pen with glitter and llama stickers."

"Nope~ It's an Honesty Stick! Whoever holds it or keeps it has to be honest and confess something that was kept secret for a long time without being judged!" Amber answered, smirking. "This game is incredibly-" "Shush, Minnie! Your turn isn't here yet. It's our little secretary's turn!" Amber announced, handing the stick over to Jinki.

Jinki almost dropped it because he was anxious, but he slowly spoke his deepest, darkest secret. "I-I want to know what.. w-wearing women's l-l-lingerie feels like.." he stuttered.

"Judging you." Minho said blatantly. 

Jinki spluttered. "He's judging me!" he pointed an accusing finger at the tall boy. "Frog prince! I am kindly reminding you that this is a friendly environment here!" Amber put a hand on her hip, attempting to be sassy.

"Okay, first you call me Minnie, now you call me-"

"Yo, Amber. Making a commotion again, are we? Oh, and, yo, frog prince." Jonghyun slid an arm around Amber's shoulders, lazily scratching the back of his neck. Minho fumed, and Jinki awkwardly tried to calm the angry boy. 

"Jjong! Dude! I haven't seen you in a week! Where'd you go? Midget Land?" Amber snorted, and also slung her arm around Jonghyun's shoulders. "I swear to God, i told you guys not to tease me about my height anymore!" Jonghyun pouted. "Oh, yeah. I just bought some drinks at the store earlier. Want to hang at my dorm?"

They're talking about alcoholics in front of a Student Council member.. they'll be reported for sure. Minho thought.

"Hell yeah, bro!" Amber yelled in excitement. "Want to come, Froggy?" Jonghyun asked, grinning. 

"Nope. Better not get into trouble." Minho crossed his arms. "You guys shouldn't even drink."

"If you insist, frog prince," Jonghyun chuckled. He then walked over to Jinki and wrapped an arm around his waist. "Hey, bunny, want to join?"

Minho went to walk away right at this moment, but then his eyes caught the way Jonghyun's hands so casually wrapped around Jinki's waist, and leaned his face close to the other. It made him.. sick. Jealous..? "Do. Not. Touch. Him. Like. That." Minho suddenly demanded, forcefully pulling the arm off Jinki. Jinki's face turned crimson and took interest into the cement below, and Jonghyun simply widened his eyes but then smirked evilly. So this bunny is making him flustered..

"Wae, Minnie?" Jonghyun began. "Is he your lover or something? Stop being protective, geez. Let him answer for himself." 

Minho blinked, and realized his mistake. He growled lowly, but stopped when he saw Jinki look at Minho in concern. Minho then regained his composure and Jinki then let a soft smile and blushed lightly. "W-well.. I'd like to hang out with you all, if that's okay.."

"Do whatever you want, you three. Just make sure I won't see you all at school office, alright?" Minho waved off, and trudged away. He exhaled and rubbed his face.

...Why am I so concerned about Jinki? 

 

 

A/N: How was the new chapter?

It seems like Minho is jealous.. and also concerned about Jinki! And what makes Jinki so sentimental about singing?

Stay tuned for the next chapter :3

(was this chapter short? Sorry! xD)