five - insecurities

a day in the life of seventeen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

jeongcheol | 737 words | non-au

 

 

 

 

 

"I only got in because of my looks, right?"

 

 

Jeonghan asks Seungcheol as they settle in bed that night. Seungcheol knows it's about the same thing again, the thing that kept bugging Jeonghan's mind after getting accepted as a trainee in the entertainment company both of them auditioned for.

 

 

Seungcheol saw it all. He saw himself lying on the cold floor of the practice room along with his supposed groupmates for the boy group that might just help Pledis rise to the top; he saw how the group fell apart, how he was pushed back from debuting, how slowly and one by one, twelve boys entered the company with big hopes and dreams in their hearts, and how these boys became his newest groupmates, his newest family members, and the newest addition to the people in his heart.

 

 

He practiced with these twelve guys for a long time, ate meals with them everyday for years, recorded with them the videos for their weekly YouTube uploads, and Seungcheol saw the slow growth of each one of them as they neared their debut.

 

 

And yet in the midst of all that, there's this special, special boy in his heart who seem to just never trust himself like the others. The boy who suddenly opened the doors to the practice room during his first day with a big smile on his face and perfectly chiseled features that's fit for the type to be a visual. The boy who can sing, can dance, can be funny, but at the same time, can be quiet and mysterious.

 

 

The boy who stole Choi Seungcheol's heart.

 

 

"No."

 

 

Seungcheol answers him before Jeonghan could even add anything to his words.

 

 

"No, you didn't get in just because of your looks." 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter